Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Lebanese313

Beat in Latmiya

Rate this topic

It's there as a continuous bass line I think. I imagine it was done to keep the recital and beats in rhythm and to hold it all together better. God forgive me for saying, as I know this isn't the intention of latmiyat, but it's catchy.

1 hour ago, aaaz1618 said:

It's there as a continuous bass line I think. I imagine it was done to keep the recital and beats in rhythm and to hold it all together better. God forgive me for saying, as I know this isn't the intention of latmiyat, but it's catchy.

I thought about rhythm too, thank you brother.

2 hours ago, Lebanese313 said:

Salam Alaykom,

I recently came across a series of latmiyat where a certain beat is made (probably by the mouth) does anyone know why this is done?

:salam:

I have been wondering this too. This type of latmiyat has emerged since a couple years, I strongly dislike those.

Anyway I have been disliking the way things got in the latmiyat/nasheed scene, whether Iranian or Iraqi. It's all like a showbiz scene.

2 hours ago, realizm said:

I have been wondering this too. This type of latmiyat has emerged since a couple years, I strongly dislike those.

Anyway I have been disliking the way things got in the latmiyat/nasheed scene, whether Iranian or Iraqi. It's all like a showbiz scene.

Stick to the classics, Zainab Tandob Hussein, Ya Zainab Jeena No3aziki, etc. They're the best anyways

7 hours ago, realizm said:

Not Bassim Al-Karbalaei though, right? :clap:(this little chaps going a little fast for Bassim)

5 hours ago, 7ssein said:

Stick to the classics, Zainab Tandob Hussein, Ya Zainab Jeena No3aziki, etc. They're the best anyways

The latmiyat of هيئة الروضتين are nice too they remind me of the classics

4 hours ago, aaaz1618 said:

Not Bassim Al-Karbalaei though, right? :clap:(this little chaps going a little fast for Bassim)

Not for the same reason, but yes, BK included. 

9 hours ago, 7ssein said:

My toughts exactly. Anyway, when raduds begin to show their faces in videoclips, something is wrong.

Edited by realizm

5 hours ago, Lebanese313 said:

The latmiyat of هيئة الروضتين are nice too they remind me of the classics

Yeah they're pretty good too, but that's probably because it's live and doesn't have this huge amounts of video editing into them.

26 minutes ago, 7ssein said:

Yeah they're pretty good too, but that's probably because it's live and doesn't have this huge amounts of video editing into them.

Yeah I like it like that. Just a voice of someone reciting without autotune and the sound of latm only 

13 minutes ago, Lebanese313 said:

Yeah I like it like that. Just a voice of someone reciting without autotune and the sound of latm only 

Yeah. Also the first latmiyya you linked, there's an Arabic version: 

The weird beat they make is them saying Hussein Hussein over and over. Kind of annoying to be honest. Without the weird beat it would've been great.

5 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Love this noha so much!

I like the words and the latmiyya by itself if it didn’t have that beat sound thing

Just now, starlight said:

Probably I am the only Shia here who doesn't/can't appreciate nohas.

Why tho