Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
AmirioTheMuzzy

Yasir Qadhi compares Abu Talib (ra) with Iblis (A'udhu billahi mina shaytani rajim)

Rate this topic

36 minutes ago, Simon the Canaanite said:

Why would anyone even listen to this layman?

But he's not a layman though... he's a scholar.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Ammaar_Yasir_Qadhi#Islamic_University_of_Madinah

Anyway, this is the Sunni position on the matter (they think he died a kafir and is in hellfire). 
http://www.thesunniway.com/articles/item/246-was-Abu-talib-a-Muslim
https://islamqa.org/hanafi/daruliftaa-birmingham/87386

There is some ambiguity and disagreement among Sunnis though:

This position is not well known or popular among laymen though... just read the comments section where they call this a "Sufi belief".

Regardless, the Sunnis are wrong on this no doubt...
https://www.al-Islam.org/180-questions-about-Islam-vol-2-various-issues-makarim-shirazi/30-was-Abu-talib-Muslim
http://en.wikishia.net/view/Faith_of_Abu_Talib_(a)
https://themuslimvibe.com/faith-Islam/Abu-talib-the-uncle-of-Prophet-Muhammad

Edited by AmirioTheMuzzy

1 hour ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Why are you surprised? He is a Sunni, this is a mainstream Sunni belief. 

It is not really mainstream Sunni belief at the presentf .

Sunnis are divided on the subject, at least in India and Pakistan.

May be not in the Middle East but at least in the sub-continent, they are divided.

And this man actually actually mentions those Sunnis who believe that Abu Talib was a Muslim.

These include Sufis (who are mostly Sunnis) and Barelvis (another branch of Hanafi Sunnis in India and Pakistan). 

This man, Yasir Qadhi, himself is a Wahabi (Salafi).

His father migrated to the US from India in the sixties and I think he lives in Houston. 

18 minutes ago, baqar said:

So what is he? 

Nevermind, this is misinformation... he still follows the way of the Salaf but he has left behind the label of 'Salafi':

I remember watching this video, which made me think he had left Salafi'ism:

Edited by AmirioTheMuzzy

This guy is one of the most corrupt individuals around - he used to make public anti-Shi'a statements in the US - all kinds of nonsense (his old talks are still around the web). Dude then got challenged by real academics and scholars when he wanted to play in the big leagues at Yale - so he changed some of his positions because any half way academic scholar could point out that he had no standing. Then the FBI went after him because some of his students were involved in extremist activities - so he then allied himself with the FBI. More recently he has given talks in Pakistan sponsored by the English speaking "educated" wahabbi/salafi outfit called Live Deen - that has been focused on whabbifying the "educated" English speaking Pakistanis. 

Guest Light
9 hours ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:
:furious: :tongueangry:

:ranting:    

The hadith he quoted, itself proving him wrong. 

So Abu Talib (عليه السلام) was a kafir according to them and because of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) he will not be put into "darakil asfale min an-naar" (lowest part of the hell). 
Who are promised to be in darakil asfal? 

إِنَّ الْمُنَافِقِينَ فِي الدَّرْكِ الْأَسْفَلِ مِنَ النَّارِ وَلَنْ تَجِدَ لَهُمْ نَصِيرًا 
4:145

Oups!!!! Darakil Asfal is for "Munafiqeen". Was the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) unaware of that? Or Abu Talib (عليه السلام) was a munafiq? How can he be munafiq while according to them he never recited the kalima? While Qur'an witnesses that Munafiqeen are those who testify the oneness of God & Prophethood of Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)

إِذَا جَاءَكَ الْمُنَافِقُونَ قَالُوا نَشْهَدُ إِنَّكَ لَرَسُولُ اللَّهِ
63:1

So Mr.. Yasir Qadhi, please check the status of this hadith itself first. And let us know which "Nasibi" from the so called companions, has fabricated this hadith? 

Secondly, What was the religion of Abdul Muttalib (عليه السلام)? Was he an idol worshipper who used to worship idols of Quresh? Or was he on the religion of Ibrahim (عليه السلام)? Perhaps they don't even care what was discussed between Abraha and Abdul Muttalib (عليه السلام) and what happened after that was witnessed in Qur'an chapter Al-Fil 

أَلَمْ تَرَ كَيْفَ فَعَلَ رَبُّكَ بِأَصْحَابِ الْفِيلِ

Sunnis &  Shi’ism :press TV interview Dr. Yasir Qadhi

In defense of Abu Taleb - Sayed Mahdi Modarresi

1 hour ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Sunnis &  Shi’ism :press TV interview Dr..... Yasir Qadhi

Excellent interview with Br. Qadhi

I agree with almost everything he said.

Edited by AmirioTheMuzzy

34 minutes ago, Sirius_Bright said:

We have lots of Shia scholars, lectures, resources available online and offline. To listen to non-Shia ones (for knowledge/Aqeedah) is utter foolishness. 

This should be an eye-opener for those Shias who are fan of some Sunni scholars. 

I fully agree with this statement. I used to think that predestination was also a Shia belief. I was never able to wrap my head around this concept though, and would just explain it away with Allah is all-knowing and that is what is meant by predestiny... Which is not what Sunnis believe. :hahaha: The same thing happened with "seeing Allah in heaven", which I thought was also Shia belief, and to reconcile this, I just never took the statement as literally "seeing with the eyes", whereas Sunnis do take it literally. :hahaha:

2 hours ago, Diaz said:

Someone said in the comment section for the first video that the Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) father is in hell. Extremely disrespectful, since when people know who is going to hell and heaven? 

Yes, brother

Unfortunately, many Sunnis believe that his father, mother and grandfather are in hell. 

4 hours ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

I fully agree with this statement. I used to think that predestination was also a Shia belief. I was never able to wrap my head around this concept though, and would just explain it away with Allah is all-knowing and that is what is meant by predestiny... Which is not what Sunnis believe. :hahaha: The same thing happened with "seeing Allah in heaven", which I thought was also Shia belief, and to reconcile this, I just never took the statement as literally "seeing with the eyes", whereas Sunnis do take it literally. :hahaha:

I'd add that Shi'a scholarship is far far advanced than Sunnis - even as Shi'a scholars do not necessarily ignore Sunni scholarship - but expand and further deepen the knowledge. The reason for this in the contemporary period is quite simple: Wahabbism / Saudism - I hesitate to use the word "salaf" to identify these people given that they could not possibly be anywhere near to the true origin of Islam as they claim to be when they use the word.  The other reason is the abandonment of hikmah - ie Islamic Philosophy by the Sunnis that has led to shallow scholarships that don't have a firm basis - hence the blowing in the wind kind of "scholarship" of Qadhi that a high school grad could take apart. 

On 5/26/2019 at 8:30 AM, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

The same thing happened with "seeing Allah in heaven", which I thought was also Shia belief, and to reconcile this, I just never took the statement as literally "seeing with the eyes", whereas Sunnis do take it literally. :hahaha:

Oh boy!! Don't get me started on that one and how deeply contradictory that interpretation is of the nature of Tawhid :sign_no:

Guest Light

:bismillah:

أَلَمْ يَجِدْكَ يَتِيمًا فَآوَىٰ 
 Did He not find thee an orphan and give thee shelter (and care)?

How Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) owning the action of Abu Talib (عليه السلام)!!! 
Prophet Musa (عليه السلام) was also grew up in the palace of Fir'on but his life was saved because when they caught Prophet Musa (عليه السلام) floating in river, she said to Fir'on:

وَقَالَتِ امْرَأَتُ فِرْعَوْنَ قُرَّتُ عَيْنٍ لِي وَلَكَ ۖ لَا تَقْتُلُوهُ عَسَىٰ أَنْ يَنْفَعَنَا أَوْ نَتَّخِذَهُ وَلَدًا وَهُمْ لَا يَشْعُرُونَ
28:9 The wife of Pharaoh said: "(Here is) joy of the eye, for me and for thee: slay him not. It may be that he will be use to us, or we may adopt him as a son." And they perceived not (what they were doing)!

Then we see in Qur'an that Prophet Musa (عليه السلام) never took feed from anyone from the house of Fir'on and finally Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) made arrangement for his food through his biological mother:

وَحَرَّمْنَا عَلَيْهِ الْمَرَاضِعَ مِنْ قَبْلُ فَقَالَتْ هَلْ أَدُلُّكُمْ عَلَىٰ أَهْلِ بَيْتٍ يَكْفُلُونَهُ لَكُمْ وَهُمْ لَهُ نَاصِحُونَ
28:12 And we ordained that he refused suck at first, until (His sister came up and) said: "Shall I point out to you the people of a house that will nourish and bring him up for you and be sincerely attached to him?".

A Prophet of Allah never take food from the house of a "Kafir", Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) gave him back to his mother. On the other hand, we see Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) took food from the hands of Abu Talib (عليه السلام) and grew up under his guardianship and Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) has owned the act of Abu Talib (عليه السلام) as His act. 

These blind Wahabi's cannot understand Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), His Apostle (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) and His Awliya (عليه السلام).  Abu Talib (عليه السلام) was the Wali Ullah of his time and Qur'an-e-Samit testify that by owning act of Abu Talib (عليه السلام) as His own act while Qur'an-e-Natiq has mentioned this:

Abu Abdillah, Imam Ja’far al-Sadiq (عليه السلام) said:

The case of Abu Talib was like that of the people of the Cave (Qur’an 18:9-26); they concealed their faith and disclosed shirk. Yet Allah bestowed upon them double reward.

Shi’a Reference:

- al Kulayni in al Kafi, vol 1 p 448
- al Amini, al Ghadir, vol 7 p 330

In another tradition, Imam Jafer al-Sadiq (عليه السلام) said:

While Imam ‘Ali (عليه السلام) was sitting with Ruhbah in Kufa, surrounded by a group, a man stood up and said: ‘ Commander of the Believers, you are in this great position at which God has placed you while your father is suffering in hell. ‘ The Imam replied, saying: Be silent. May God disfigure your mouth. By the One Who sent Muhammad (S) with the truth, if my father intercedes for every sinner on the face of the Earth, God would accept his intercession.

Shi’a reference: al-Ihtijaj, by al-Tabarsi, v1, p341

https://www.al-Islam.org/shiite-encyclopedia-ahlul-bayt-dilp-team/Islam-Abu-talib-part-4#Abu-talib’s-may-Allah-bless-his-soul-last-breath

Furthermore, in the books of Sunni's we found these reports too:

While on his death bed, Abu Talib said to the Hashimites:

I command you to be good to Muhammad. He is the most trustworthy of the Quraish and the ever truthful of the Arabs. He brought a message which is accepted by the heart and denied by the tongue for fear of hostility. By God whoever walks in the way of Muhammad shall be on the right road and whoever follows his guidance shall have the happy future.

And you Hashimites, respond to Muhammaed’s invitation and believe him. You will succeed and be well guided; certainly he is the guide to the right path.

Sunni references

- Al Muhabil Dunya, v 1 p 72
- Tareekhe Khamees, v 1 p 339
- Balughul Adaab, v 1 p 327
- Al Seerah Al Halebeyah, v 1 p 375
- Sunni al Mutalib, p 5
- Uruzul Anaf, v 1 p 259
- Tabaqat of Ibn Sa’ad, v 1 p 123

It is reported in the book of al-Bayhaqi (Dalail al-Nubuwwah) that when Abu Talib was at the point of death, he was seen moving his lips. al Abbas (the Prophet’s uncle) bent down to listen to what he was saying. he then lifted his head and said:

By Allah, he has uttered the word which you requested, O Messenger of Allah!.

Sunni references:

- Dalail al-Nubuwwah by al-Bayhaqi, vol 2 p 101
- Ibn Hisham, Cairo Edition, p146 as quoted in Siratun Nabi, by Shibli Numani, v1, pp 219-220

Also in the same book, it is related that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) stood at the funeral of Abu Talib and said:

You have indeed acted kindly to your next of kin; may you be well rewarded, O uncle.

Sunni references:

- Dalail al-Nubuwwah by al-Bayhaqi, vol 2 p 101
- Ibid, vol 2 p 103
- History of Khateeb Baghdadi, vol 13 p 196
- History of Ibn Katheer, vol 3 p 125
- al Isaba, vol 4 p 116
- Tadhkirat Sibt, p 2
- History of Yaquubi, vol 2 p26

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) resurrect us with Abu Talib (عليه السلام), what a blessed personality he is!!  

Guest Light

If you ask from Yasir Qadhi, who was the father of Prophet Ibrahim (عليه السلام)? A mo'min or a kafir? He would answer you that his father was a kafir as he assumes Azar as the father of Ibrahim. You will find him quoting following verses in support of his view point:

وَإِذْ قَالَ إِبْرَاهِيمُ لِأَبِيهِ آزَرَ أَتَتَّخِذُ أَصْنَامًا آلِهَةً ۖ إِنِّي أَرَاكَ وَقَوْمَكَ فِي ضَلَالٍ مُبِينٍ
6:74  Lo! Abraham said to his father Azar: "Takest thou idols for gods? For I see thee and thy people in manifest error."

وَمَا كَانَ اسْتِغْفَارُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ لِأَبِيهِ إِلَّا عَنْ مَوْعِدَةٍ وَعَدَهَا إِيَّاهُ فَلَمَّا تَبَيَّنَ لَهُ أَنَّهُ عَدُوٌّ لِلَّهِ تَبَرَّأَ مِنْهُ ۚ إِنَّ إِبْرَاهِيمَ لَأَوَّاهٌ حَلِيمٌ 
9:114 And Abraham prayed for his father's forgiveness only because of a promise he had made to him. But when it became clear to him that he was an enemy to Allah, he dissociated himself from him: for Abraham was most tender-hearted, forbearing.

He take the meaning of "Ab" as father. But we see in Qur'an that the same word is also used for uncle, for instance in the following verse the same word is used of Prophet Isma'il (عليه السلام) who was the Uncle of Prophet Ya'qub (عليه السلام) 

أَمْ كُنْتُمْ شُهَدَاءَ إِذْ حَضَرَ يَعْقُوبَ الْمَوْتُ إِذْ قَالَ لِبَنِيهِ مَا تَعْبُدُونَ مِنْ بَعْدِي قَالُوا نَعْبُدُ إِلَٰهَكَ وَإِلَٰهَ آبَائِكَ إِبْرَاهِيمَ وَإِسْمَاعِيلَ وَإِسْحَاقَ إِلَٰهًا وَاحِدًا وَنَحْنُ لَهُ مُسْلِمُونَ 
2:133 Were ye witnesses when death appeared before Jacob? Behold, he said to his sons: "What will ye worship after me?" They said: "We shall worship Thy God and the God of thy fathers, of Abraham, Isma'il and Isaac,- the one (True) Allah: To Him we bow (in Islam)."

These wahabi's are the most dishonest persons in the world, they display their intellectual dishonesty & their hatred often by contaminating the history and by wrongly interpreting the verses of Qur'an. Lets see what their own historical records say about the biological father of Prophet Ibrahim (عليه السلام) 

Ibrahim’s (عليه السلام) father was ‘Tarakh’ and not ‘Azar’ as stipulated by some Sunni historians, which is in total conformity with the opinion of Shi’a. Ibn Katheer in his work on history writes:

Ibrahim (عليه السلام) was the son of Tarakh. When Tarakh was 75 years of age, Ibrahim (عليه السلام) was born to him.

Sunni reference: al-Bidaya wan Nahaya, by Ibn Katheer, v 1 p 139

This is also confirmed by Tabari, as he gives the lineage of Ibrahim’s (عليه السلام) family in his history collection, but then also in his Commentary of the Qur’an he states that ‘Azar’ was NOT the father of Ibrahim (عليه السلام).

Sunni references:

- History of al-Tabari, v 1 p 119
- Tafsir Tabari, by Ibn Jarir al-Tabari, v 7 p 158

They have no answer for this famous dua of Ibrahim present in Qur'an:

رَبَّنَا اغْفِرْ لِي وَلِوَالِدَيَّ وَلِلْمُؤْمِنِينَ يَوْمَ يَقُومُ الْحِسَابُ 
14:41 "O our Lord! cover (us) with Thy Forgiveness - me, my parents, and (all) Believers, on the Day that the Reckoning will be established!

Guest Light

His comments about Prophet Ibrahim's father starts from 4:30 onward. 

This video is worth watching onward when he start mentioning the story of Hajra & Isma'il (عليه السلام). It reminds me Karbala, the great sacrifice of Imam Hussain (عليه السلام)
Do they commemorate that great sacrifice (Zibhin Azeem) of grandson of Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)? Unfortunately, they even dislike shedding tears for him, they criticize when Muslims commemorate Ashura. 

Guest Pschological Warefare

I understand his personal definition of Muslim and Kafir.

So, what is his understanding and definition of Shirk?

May Allah curse these enemies of Allah, His Prophet and Ahlul Bayt.

Whenever I encounter these people who do not use Aql (reasoning and wisdom) in their Aqeeda, I think of this ayat which says these people are misled by Allah Himself. Allah then thumps ‘rijs’ (everything bad you could think of) on them for not using their intellect. 

Sura Yunus: Ayat 100

وَمَا كَانَ لِنَفْسٍ أَن تُؤْمِنَ - إِلَّا بِإِذْنِ اللَّـهِ ۚ - وَيَجْعَلُ الرِّجْسَ عَلَى الَّذِينَ لَا يَعْقِلُونَ

It is not for any person to Believe - except by the Izn (Izn = order and want combined) of Allah - and He will put the Rijs (Rijs = abomination, stupidity, mental blindness, astray, misguidance, sinfulness) on those who do not use the Aql (reasoning, wisdom, analysis, common sense, intellectual rigor, thoughtfulness). 

Aql (Reason) and Imam (Faith) go hand in hand. Those who do not use Aql, Allah forces them away from Iman. 

(Raghib Isfahani’s Mufridat for Quranic words translation) 

Muawiyah ibn Abi Sufyan fights the elected caliph (Imam 'Ali) and plunges the Ummah into fitnah. But wait, he gets one reward for his ijtihad while 'Ali gets two rewards because he was right. Muawiyah died a good Muslim doing ijtihad and should be revered like any other sahabi.

Abu Talib (رضي الله عنه) supports the Prophet and the early Muslims when they are financially sanctioned and opposed by the Meccans. But one hadith by Abū Hurayrah (good mates with Muawiyah) and he is now officially a kafir.

It is nothing but Umayyad propaganda to soil the reputation of the 'Ali which people like Yasir Qadhi repeat this duff information to this day - may Allah guide him to the truth.

Imam al Baqir (عليه السلام) informed us about the so called virtues of the previous leaders, a quick Google of Bukhari and Muslim will reveal these hadiths.

And sometimes you will see a man who has been mentioned as being good – and he is pious and truthful – would narrate a great Hadith which would contain strange virtues of some of the past governors, although Allahazwj never Created from it anything at all, and he would consider it to be the truth for he would have heard it numerous times from the ones who are not known to be liars, nor for lack of piety. And he would be narrating from Aliasws ugly things, and from Al-Hassanasws and Al- Husaynasws, what Allahazwj Knows that they are narrating that which is invalid, and lies, and forgery.

I said to himasws, ‘May Allahazwj Keep youasws well, tell me some of those things’. Heasws said: ‘They report that the Chiefs of the elderly of the inhabitants of the Paradise are Abu Bakr and Umar, and that Umar is a Muhaddith, and that the Angel teaches him, and that the tranquillity is pronounced upon his tongue, and that the Angels are embarrassed by Usman, and that there is a Vizier for measws from the inhabitants of the sky and a Vizier from the inhabitants of the Earth, and that they are being managed from a remote distance from measws, and to remain steadfast, for it is not upon you except for the Prophetsaww, and a truthful and a witness’ – to the extent that Abu Ja’farasws recounted more than one hundred such reports which were regarded as being the truth. Heasws said: ‘By Allahazwj, all of these are lies and forgeries’.

I said, ‘May Allahazwj Keep youasws well, is there nothing from it (true)? Heasws said: ‘From these are clear (forgeries) and from these are distorted ones. As for the distorted, it is that ‘there is nothing upon you except for the Prophetsaww and a truthful (siddiq) and a witness (shahid)’, it means Aliasws. So accept it. And similar to it, ‘How can it not be a blessing for you and upon you is a Prophetsaww, and a truthful and a witness’, it means Aliasws [Qur'an 11:17] And the generalisation of it is a lie, and a forgery, and invalid.

The Umayyads made their own distorted version because Allah actually referred to Ali as siddiq [Qur'an 39:33] and shahid (Qur'an 11:17]

Here it is from Sahih Bukhari and there similar ones found in Sahih Muslim..

Narrated Anas:

The Prophet (ﷺ) ascended the mountain of Uhud and Abu Bakr, `Umar and `Uthman were accompanying him. The mountain gave a shake (I.e. trembled underneath them) . The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "O Uhud ! Be calm." I think that the Prophet (ﷺ) hit it with his foot, adding, "For upon you there are none but a Prophet, a Siddiq and two martyrs."

Here's another one from Al-Tirmidhi because I am feeling generous tonight - notice how this one includes the "ten promised paradise"....

"We were with the Messenger of Allah at (mount) Hira when he said, “Be firm, Hira! There is not upon you any but a Prophet (nabī), or a truthful (ṣiddīq), or a martyr (shahīd)." It was said: "And who were they?"

He said: "The Messenger of Allah, Abū Bakr, 'Umar, ʿUthmān, ʿAlī, Ṭalḥa, Az-Zubair, Sa'd, and ʿAbd al-Raḥmān ibn ʿAwf." It was said: "And who is the tenth?" He said: "Me."

Abu-Jafar Iskafi (classical Shia narrator) says:

“Mu’awiyyah influenced a group of the sahaba and tabe’in (those who came after the Prophet and weren’t his immediate companions) to forge ugly hadiths against Ali (عليه السلام). They were Abu-Hurairah, Amr ibn As and Mughayrah ibn Shu’bah of the sahaba, and Urwah ibn Zubayr of the tabe’in".

Do the maths - it's a shambles that some of these hadith books are called Sahih (authentic).

Finally a hadith from Bukhari which tells us things will go the same way as previous Ummahs. The Qur'an was protected by Allah so the scripture could not be altered like the Torah or Injil, but the hadith became the target instead.

Narrated Abu Sa`id:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "You will follow the wrong ways, of your predecessors so completely and literally that if they should go into the hole of a mastigure, you too will go there." We said, "O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)! Do you mean the Jews and the Christians?" He replied, "Whom else?" (Meaning, of course, the Jews and the Christians.)

This is nothing but the bitter truth and the shaky origin of the Salafi tradition. Dr. Qadhi clearly has not read wide enough or the love of his forefathers is getting the better of him..

Edited by ali47