Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Rfb

Transfer of najasat?

Rate this topic

Salam everyone,

Recently I've been incredibly stressed out, more so than I've ever been in my whole life honestly. The problem starts a couple of years ago, when I was incredibly careless about najasat. In a change room, I happened to pee my shorts while they were wet, and being as careless as I was, I put those najis wet shorts in a reusable bag that I used for my swimming clothes. Now, I'm pretty sure I came home and washed my shorts, but I'm unsure about the bag. It's possible that I continued to use the bag without washing it (the most likely option), or I placed it somewhere around the house and it was no longer in use. My problem now is that I'm no longer sure of where that bag is, and whenever my family members use any reusable bag to bring in groceries I feel nauseous thinking it might be that one. There are tons In our house so I can’t be sure. Another question is in terms of ayatollah Sistani's ruling for mutanajjis items, if my shorts are the first mutanajjis item, the bag is the second and that means that whichever future item goes in while wet would become the third and can no longer transmit najasat, right? 

Please help as I'm very stressed out about prayer and feel completely helpless.

2 hours ago, Rfb said:

the third and can no longer transmit najasat, right? 

Yes, the third muttannajis item cannot transfer any najasat. 

Also, there's a rule that goes something like: everything is tahir unless you know that it is najis...

So, if you don't know where that reusable bag went and if you don't know/are doubting if any of the current reusable grocery bags used in your house is that reusable bag, then as per my knowledge, I'm pretty sure you can consider all of them tahir OR I think maybe take one bag out and consider the rest tahir. Will have to double check this... @Sumerian

Did you always have the current number of bags that you have right now? If not, maybe you can take the benefit of doubt that the najis bag got lost somewhere sometime in the past couple years. @Sumerian

Edited by AStruggler

Thanks very much for your reply. Honestly, this happened like 7 years ago, and we've gotten so many reusable bags since then and things have been moved around and gotten lost and what not. 

I will try hard to keep your advice in mind and reassure my heart. May Allah grant you success in this world and the hereafter.

3 hours ago, Rfb said:

Thanks very much for your reply. Honestly, this happened like 7 years ago, and we've gotten so many reusable bags since then and things have been moved around and gotten lost and what not. 

I will try hard to keep your advice in mind and reassure my heart. May Allah grant you success in this world and the hereafter.

No worries brother. Yeah in this case I think you should just ignore the doubt and consider all the bags tahir.