Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Hussain1122

Mutah with monotheist

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

Sorry, while the Qur'an does say he was inclined to monothiesm (Hanif) it explicitly states he was Muslim in 3:67

3_67.png

1: You guys still haven’t showed me in the    Qur'an where it states that a person who believes in the oneness of God without any association is a kafir. This is what I asked for specifically.  I’m still waiting? 

2: Hanif is what made Ibraaheem (عليه السلام). Muslim. Tawhid is the common denominator for all Abrahamic religions in their original form. Believing in God without any association. It is the driving force for being a believer. 

3. How can a Christian woman be Kitabi if she worships fake Jesus as God on the cross or Son of God or trinity. Where in scripture is it to worship other than Allah? How can she be a woman of the book. She is a idolatress and disbeliever. 

They surely disbelieve who say: Lo! Allah is the third of three; when there is no Allah save the One Allah. If they desist not from so saying a painful doom will fall on those of them who disbelieve. 5:73

Do not marry idolatresses unless they believe; a believing woman is better than an idolatress, even if you like her. Nor shall you give your daughters in marriage to idolatrous men, unless they believe. A believing man .is better than an idolater, even if you like him. These invite to Hell, while God invites to Paradise and forgiveness, as He wills. He clarifies His revelations for the people, that they may take heed. 2:221

And so are the virtuous women of the believers and the virtuous women of those who received the Scripture before you (lawful for you) when ye give them their marriage portions and live with them in honour, not in fornication, nor taking them as secret concubines. 5:5 

Prohibited for you (in marriage) are your mothers, your daughters, your sisters, the sisters of your fathers, the sisters of your mothers, the daughters of your brother, the daughters of your sister, your nursing mothers, the girls who nursed from the same woman as you, the mothers of your wives, the daughters of your wives with whom you .have consummated the marriage - if the marriage has not .been consummated, you may marry the daughter. Also prohibited for you are the women who were married to your genetic sons. Also, you shall not be married to two sisters at the same time - but do not break up existing marriages. God is Forgiver, Most Merciful. 4:23

5: Can you show me where it says not to marry a woman who believes in the oneness of God  with no association? Please show the verse. 

Edited by AbdulKarim313_Austin/Nola

On 5/24/2019 at 9:28 PM, Hussain1122 said:

God as monotheist but they don't follow any specific religion to reach that ladder

This is confusing and contradictory.  How can someone be both a monotheist and atheist (not following any religion)?? 

[Edit] and given the above statement, the whole debate in the thread is flawed. Cummon,what are you peoplez arguing about,there is nothing to discuss? 

Edited by starlight

Alhamdulilah, 

Out of respect for starlight I’ll drop this one for now. 

But I enjoy this role as Thanos taking on the avengers. 

Insha’Allah see you guys later over in the “do Christians go to Jannah” thread. I’ll get the infinity gauntlet over there Insha’Allah. 

2 hours ago, starlight said:

How can someone be both a monotheist and atheist (not following any religion)?? 

Atheist means belief in no God, not necessarily not following a religion (atheistic religions exist).

Also, deism is belief in God but rejection of religion (God leaves us alone and doesn’t guide).

3 hours ago, AbdulKarim313_Austin/Nola said:

5: Can you show me where it says not to marry a woman who believes in the oneness of God  with no association? Please show the verse. 

The Qur'an is very practical here. Having an external label of Jewish or Christian is much easier to verify and understand than delving into people’s internal beliefs of “montheism” which requires qualifying and is quite vague.

This argument is similar to who’s “Muslim” from a technical and legal standpoint. The criteria is very cut and dry, not based on a subjective assessment of religious belief or practice. 

10 hours ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

nrKHPac.jpg

"Okay akhis, I'm giving everyone who shares my channel to 77,000 people the chance to win some merch. Top quality merch, made in China, so you know it's top quality and totally humane, Abu Hurrairah told me, so I know it's legit.

We've got these super hoodies and t-shirts, you can pick from 'Make Dawah not Mutah', 'Hugs for Rugs' and what about this one, 'Eat. Sleep. Zakir Naik Repeats'.

2 hours ago, AbdulKarim313_Austin/Nola said:

I’ll drop this one for now

No, no please continue. I really was confused

53 minutes ago, Reza said:

Also, deism is belief in God but rejection of religion (God leaves us alone and doesn’t guide).

Thank you. The OP wasn't very clear about her religious beliefs(whether she rejects having a religion or just does not follow one) so it's difficult to say anything. If it's the former then there is not much doing da'wah. 

6 hours ago, AbdulKarim313_Austin/Nola said:

That’s silly that you would consider a person who believes In God with no association a Kafir. That’s Allahs judgement to determine who his believers are. In that case you must consider Ibrahim a kafir? His religion was Hanif. He just believed in Allah!? Can you show me in the Qur'an where Allah says that a person who  believes in his oneness only with no association is a Kafir. Please present the ayat.  I only want to see Quranic ayats. I will be waiting for you show me. 

Islamic fiqhi rulings do not apply to pre-Islam eras. You want me to prove a fiqhi ruling by only using the Qur'an, what is this QuranistChat? Just look at what the scholars say on this matter, they know a lot more than you. The only people that are halal to marry and are externally tahir are kitabi’s according to the jurists, and even some jurists consider kitabis to be a problem too. It’s frustrating when you have people on the forums preach there own beliefs and challenge the marja’iya system simply because “they’ve done some research” or the rulings of the maraji’ “don’t make sense to them”.

2 hours ago, Hassan- said:

Islamic fiqhi rulings do not apply to pre-Islam eras. You want me to prove a fiqhi ruling by only using the Qur'an, what is this QuranistChat? Just look at what the scholars say on this matter, they know a lot more than you. The only people that are halal to marry and are externally tahir are kitabi’s according to the jurists, and even some jurists consider kitabis to be a problem too. It’s frustrating when you have people on the forums preach there own beliefs and challenge the marja’iya system simply because “they’ve done some research” or the rulings of the maraji’ “don’t make sense to them”.

Alhamdulilah, 

You still didn’t answer the questions that I asked. If you can’t reflect back to Qur'an on questions that are being asked then what use is anything. The knowledge is basic here and all out istjihad has deceased. If you don’t question how will you truly learn anything here. That is the main central point. The Marja should be looked at as we live in different times than some of the Marja. 

This is why when the Mahdi appears Insha’Allah and governs Islam will seem like a total different religion but in essence it will not be. 

1 hour ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

I think it's a good time to link this: 

Alhamdulilah 

Maybe you should link this to redit next time you don’t know how to explain anything over there. Let’s see what the people over there tell you. Are you questioning yourself? 

23 minutes ago, AbdulKarim313_Austin/Nola said:

Alhamdulilah 

Maybe you should link this to redit next time you don’t know how to explain anything over there. Let’s see what the people over there tell you. Are you questioning yourself? 

Please don't be sarcastic. It's called knowing the limits of your knowledge, and seeking help from others.

35 minutes ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

Please don't be sarcastic. It's called knowing the limits of your knowledge, and seeking help from others.

Alhamdulilah, 

It’s wasnt sarcasm..it was truth. How will you know your limits unless you test the limits and question its boundaries. You and I are two different types my friend, but I see you. Some people are more basic. I’m all out istjihad. My goal and aim will always be to dive deeper and question. Outside of Ahlul Bayt no man is infallible. If man says it’s ok to walk on fire things should be questioned, if a man tells you your fast is valid without prayer that should be questioned, if man says someone who believes in oneness of God is kafir it should be questioned, if someone says mutah and polygyny shouldn’t  be allowed it should questioned. How will you ever be at your zenith in faith without questioning the status quote of another mans ruling in how it reflects to you. 

Hopefully Insha’Allah as you get older you will understand this better. 

13 hours ago, AbdulKarim313_Austin/Nola said:

Alhamdulilah, 

It’s wasnt sarcasm..it was truth. How will you know your limits unless you test the limits and question its boundaries. You and I are two different types my friend, but I see you. Some people are more basic. I’m all out istjihad. My goal and aim will always be to dive deeper and question. Outside of Ahlul Bayt no man is infallible. If man says it’s ok to walk on fire things should be questioned, if a man tells you your fast is valid without prayer that should be questioned, if man says someone who believes in oneness of God is kafir it should be questioned, if someone says mutah and polygyny shouldn’t  be allowed it should questioned. How will you ever be at your zenith in faith without questioning the status quote of another mans ruling in how it reflects to you. 

Salam alaikum dear brother

I don't disagree with your overall point but I also want to emphasize that a jurist can only make something haram if there is a basis in the Qur'an or ahadeeth to do so. 

Just because something doesn't feel right or look right the marja cannot just rule it haram. It must be derived from a valid source. 

Wallahu a'lam 

16 hours ago, AbdulKarim313_Austin/Nola said:

Alhamdulilah, 

Salam respected brother -

Inshallah Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) recognise your digging into Qur'an but there is a lot to learn from it for all of us.

For starters, kindly refrain from making your own fatwas about anything, and I suggest it very humbly, this is how it is NOT DONE among Shia Muslims. There is a lot more which goes into fatwa making than reading an ayat here and a Hadith there.

Others have already replied on OP’s question so I would refrain from answering it. But I can tell this much, your prior fatwa -:) about OP’s current question is absolutely flawed. 

As far as your assertion of Ibraheem being called Hanif in the Holy book, here’s what Qur’an says more about him:

1. Absolute First Muslim is our own Prophet Muhammad ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) ( Read Sura Al-Anaam 163). Yes way before Prophet Adam was the Nabi.

2. Imam Ibraheem AS is called by many other titles besides Hanif, Imam, or Prophet. Most prominent among these titles is Muslim (read Sura Baqra 128, 132, 133, 136) as starter. This is not even 10% of instances where Ibraheem was called a Muslim in Qur’an.

3. Not only Ibraheem, all Prophets were Muslims (read Sura Ale Imran 84). This is one ayat, there are tens more which say the same thing.

5. Ibraheem is also called the Shi’a of Prophet Nuh (read Sura Al Safaat 83), even though the time distance between Nuh and Ibraheem is thousands of years. Seriously ponder on this one, it says a lot about Imam Mehdi and his Shias since his occultation, and why being a Shia is not about meeting or seeing the last Imam. But this is a topic for another day. 

I’ve purposefully listed some very finite pointers, hoping that it would let you do more research yourself and humble yourself before making any self made judgement (fatwa) about anything. (Honestly this is an advice for me before I suggest it to you, hope I don’t come out as rude).

Jazakallah for having your sincere efforts in this month of Ramadhan, 1440. 

Tip: If you truly want to be a diver into the infinite ocean of Qur'an, forget about approaching Qur'an for the Fiqh rulings. Fiqh only makes a small portion of Qur'an and makes an easy ‘layman’ trap to diverge from the path of guidance, the Sirat al mustaqeem, specially if you don’t (precisely if you don’t) have a firm handle on Hadith and related Islamic sciences; this includes all popular Hadith quoting warriors on ShiaChat who you may have encountered already, absolutely ALL of them are deeply flawed, but that’s again the topic for another day. I dare not poke them here (busted).

Thank Allah for our Marajae’ and scholars who have taken up this task for us. Just keep it outsourced to them or become one of them through proper training at proper schools. End of the day, they never stop you from asking questions and the rationale behind the rulings. There is no funny business there, the process is very transparent as long as you ask the right questions. 

For everything else, do dig deep in Qur'an starting from any topic that you may resonate with the most. It will take you far InshAllah. If you get lost in it, you won’t care for anything else in this world from then on, it’s mystifying beyond description. 

My apologies if I assumed a lot, a fundamental human flaw I guess. 

Edited by AMR5