Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Hussain1122

Mutah with monotheist

Rate this topic

Aoa. I'm currently residing in South Korea. Here most of people are atheist but I've met some people who believe in God as monotheist but they don't follow any specific religion to reach that ladder. According to them there's one God all alone, but due to non availability of preaching they don't have any religious views. Why question is. Is it permissible to perform mutah with will such a person after make him recite kalima (shahadateein).

Jazakallah

From what I've read this is what I understand:

A Shi ah Muslim man can marry: a Jewish or Christian woman in mut'a only. But he cannot marry a woman of any other faith. 

Alhamdulilah, 

Is it permissible to perform mutah with will such a person after make him recite kalima (shahadateein).

It is permissible to marry believing Women who believe in the oneness of God. Believing in the oneness of God doesn’t only translate through Christianity and Judaism. And to be even more thorough not all Christians are monotheistic. A Christian who believes Jesus is God or Trinity is not a believer.  This is according to the Qur'an. 

They surely disbelieve who say: Lo! Allah is the third of three; when there is no Allah save the One Allah. If they desist not from so saying a painful doom will fall on those of them who disbelieve. 5:73

However, you also cannot make someone recite Kalima shahada. This doesn’t make them believers by being forced. It’s like saying Bismillah over meat that was slaughtered while another name was invoked. You’d be trying to make something Halal that’s not exactly Zabiha. 

And whoso is not able to afford to marry free, believing women, let them marry from the believing maids whom your right hands possess. Allah knoweth best (concerning) your faith. Ye (proceed) one from another; so wed them by permission of their folk, and give unto them their portions in kindness, they being honest, not debauched nor of loose conduct. And if when they are honourably married they commit lewdness they shall incur the half of the punishment (prescribed) for free women (in that case). This is for him among you who feareth to commit sin. But to have patience would be better for you. Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.  4:25

But as some in here would suggest. Hit up your local Marja or muqalid to be certain. 

Edited by AbdulKarim313_Austin/Nola

I don't know much about South Korea... but this sounds to me like it would be tremendously bad in their culture, as they like to maintain a pristine image, and gossip is common (?).

Try making Dawah instead of Mutah.

Edited by AmirioTheMuzzy

7 hours ago, AbdulKarim313_Austin/Nola said:

It Is permissible to marry believing Women who believe in the oneness of God. Believing in the oneness of God doesn’t only translate through Christianity and Judaism. And to be even more thorough not all Christians are monotheistic. A Christian who believes Jesus is God or Trinity is not a believer.  This is according to the Qur'an. 

Why are you giving out false rulings to people? A monotheist that believes in no religion is a kafir and najis according to Shia fiqh. It is not permissible to marry such a person.

On 5/24/2019 at 8:58 PM, Hussain1122 said:

Is it permissible to perform mutah with will such a person after make him recite kalima (shahadateein).

Salam after she recites kalima (shahadateein) , she officially  will be a Muslim so you must consider that tell him the condition that she can't take back her kalima (shahadateein) but it's not permissible to do Mutah with people that are not from people of book .

http://hadana.ir/ازدواج-موقت-با-غیر-مسلمان/

https://www.islamquest.net/fa/archive/question/fa1201

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

1 hour ago, Hassan- said:

Why are you giving out false rulings to people? A monotheist that believes in no religion is a kafir and najis according to Shia fiqh. It is not permissible to marry such a person.

That’s silly that you would consider a person who believes In God with no association a Kafir. That’s Allahs judgement to determine who his believers are. In that case you must consider Ibrahim a kafir? His religion was Hanif. He just believed in Allah!? Can you show me in the Qur'an where Allah says that a person who  believes in his oneness only with no association is a Kafir. Please present the ayat.  I only want to see Quranic ayats. I will be waiting for you show me. 

The ruling is that Muslim men are allowed to marry kitabi women, that's all. The girl in question can perhaps be a non kitabi that's closer to Islam than a kitabi, but it doesn't matter., because that's not the standard.

The standard is whether she is a kitabi or not, not whether she is close to Islam.

1 hour ago, AbdulKarim313_Austin/Nola said:

In that case you must consider Ibrahim a kafir? His religion was Hanif. He just believed in Allah!? 

Sorry, while the Qur'an does say he was inclined to monothiesm (Hanif) it explicitly states he was Muslim in 3:67

3_67.png