Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
musa shakr

can a woman be an Imam

Rate this topic

You mentioned the qualifications that must be present in the person who lead the prayer. What are they?
- He must be adult, sane, devout, just, and not rebellious against the injunctions of God; he should also be of a legitimate birth, and male, where the worshippers are male.

Can women conduct congregational prayer?
- Yes, it is permissible for women to join in congregational prayer behind a male Imam. A woman can also lead the prayer for other women. However, when a woman leads the prayer for other woman, [she must not stand ahead of them; rather she must stand in the same line].

https://www.Sistani.org/english/book/49/2407/

Alhamdulilah, 

Technically, No 

But it’s 2019 and nothing is off the table at this  point in the Muslim Ummah, so most likely coming soon to a theater near you, we will see a woman Imam leading adult men in prayer and giving the kutbah. 

May Allah have mercy on the believing men and believing women. 

A786E70D-123E-4DFE-BB21-43BAA703FAAF.jpeg

Edited by AbdulKarim313_Austin/Nola

1 hour ago, AbdulKarim313_Austin/Nola said:

Alhamdulilah, 

Technically, No 

But it’s 2019 and nothing is off the table at this  point in the Muslim Ummah, so most likely coming soon to a theater near you, we will see a woman Imam leading adult men in prayer and giving the kutbah. 

May Allah have mercy on the believing men and believing women. 

I've seen some female Sunni Imams on youtube so its already happened. I haven't heard of any female Shia Imams though.

5 minutes ago, musa shakr said:

I've seen some female Sunni Imams on youtube so its already happened. I haven't heard of any female Shia Imams though.

Some people find it easier to change the religion to suit themselves rather than change themselves to suit the religion. It's not just Islam - have you seen Christianity lately? I can't speak personally for other religions, but probably it happens there too. 

12 minutes ago, notme said:

Some people find it easier to change the religion to suit themselves rather than change themselves to suit the religion. It's not just Islam - have you seen Christianity lately? I can't speak personally for other religions, but probably it happens there too. 

Well I mean Christianity has gay churches and gay pastors. I’m not sure what they tell their congregation when they reach the story of Lot and the destruction of sodom and Gomorrah. :coffee:   

I mean do they just omit it from the Bible? Now that I think about it...probably. Wouldn’t be the first time people edit the Bible. Any body can make their own bible and rules as long as you say Jesus Christ died for our sins while doing it. 

27 minutes ago, musa shakr said:

Were these Sunni female Imams leading Tarawih prayers? It’s like the movie inception! How deep into innovation can we go. Innovation within innovations. There’s levels to this. 

2D12A5F0-3761-4195-B1B0-0E960D2B9F4D.jpeg

6 minutes ago, AbdulKarim313_Austin/Nola said:

I mean do they just omit it from the Bible? Now that I think about it...probably. 

It's easy when they entirely disregard the Old Testament. Actually, "gay churches" are far less hypocritical than pork-eating, divorce celebrating, homophobic churches. Religion ain't a cherry tree, and unfortunately some Muslims are adopting ideas from these people. 

14 minutes ago, AbdulKarim313_Austin/Nola said:

Well I mean Christianity has gay churches and gay pastors. I’m not sure what they tell their congregation when they reach the story of Lot and the destruction of sodom and Gomorrah. :coffee:   

https://www.bbc.co.United Kingdom/bbcthree/article/cc70b8a4-f14f-4324-a81a-82fe347f9664

'My LGBT-friendly mosque saved me from being radicalised'

34 minutes ago, notme said:

Actually, "gay churches" are far less hypocritical than pork-eating, divorce celebrating, homophobic churches.

Ehhhh, I would rather take my chances with the divorce celebrating 

https://www.al-Islam.org/greater-sins-volume-1-ayatullah-Sayyid-abdul-husayn-dastghaib-shirazi/eleventh-greater-sin-sodomy

52 minutes ago, AbdulKarim313_Austin/Nola said:

Ehhhh, I would rather take my chances with the divorce celebrating 

But that's because Islam permits divorce and does not permit homosexual activity!  The bible prohibits both, with the more clear prohibition being for divorce.  Many Christians disregard the entire Old Testament, and though I disagree with their interpretation of their books, it is a valid belief based on some reasons.  But the prohibition of divorce is from the New Testament and clearly stated outright, while the biblical prohibition of homosexual activity is only mentioned in the Old Testament, and is far less concisely spelled out than the prohibitions of pork and wearing cloaks without tassels and shaving the entire beard.

My point isn't to bash Christians, but to point out that attempts to claim that the religion must follow individual preferences is not limited to Muslims.

Women can lead women, but they can't be a general leader in the religious community, and women can't lead prayers.  But some people want to change the religion to suit their preferences.

3 hours ago, AbdulKarim313_Austin/Nola said:

Already happened in Egypt.

35815102-129463974604792-942091176477982

Edited by Simon the Canaanite