Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
IbnAhmed56

One of the many reason I left Ahlu sunnah.

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Assalam alaikum. For those of you interested in why I accepted the path of Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) I could give you so many reasons why this is a long post so please bear with me. I can speak to you about it for days.

Heres one reason I have rejected the path of Ahlu sunnah. There is so much double standardness one starts to wonder what is right and what is wrong. Heres an example. Many Sunnis will ask Shias why they are so emotional for Karbala and that it happened a long time ago. Heres the thing, youll never hear o Karbala in most Sunni mosques. But you will hear about the assasination of Uthman. Wasnt uthmans assaniation a long time ago? Why still talk anout it then. What if I told you that in my madrasa I learned about the assaniation of Uthman before I eve knew who Imam al Hussein (عليه السلام) was. In these examples ill present some double standards of ahlu sunnah.

All these arguments that are used will be only refuting the viewpoijt of ahlu sunnah just to show you how their views don’t agree or make much sense. Now, if you ask anybody from ahlu sunnha, who killed Uthman they will tell you it was the khawarij, not the sahaba, and they will speak bad about thise who killed Uthman. Understandle. Now look here, ask them about the killers of Imam al Hussein (عليه السلام) and they will say “they were neither good and bad. Thats very odd. Lets compare Imam Al Hussein to Uthman from the Sunni viewpoint. Both were sahabas. Both are among thentop sahaba. Both were killed by people from the tabain( ahlu sunnah regard the tabaiin as the best people after the sahaba) although from the ahlu sunnah view, their desths parralel each other, you will find that ahlu sunnah have to different views about their killers. Thise who killed Uthman were khawarij who are evil people yet thise who killed Imam al Hussein (عليه السلام) were neither good nor bad. So the question is what makes the killers of Uthman worse then the killers of Imam al Hussein? Well, Ahl sunnah might say, well, its because Uthman was a caliph, and he had the right to rule, so that is why they are khawarij, yazid was caliph and he had the right to rule too.

Lets Agree with them for the sake of argument. Wasnt Imam Ali (عليه السلام) the caliph when muwiya revolted agaisnt him? ahlul sunnah will say, well they were both sahaba so we can’t get between them. Very well then, yazid wasnt a sahaba and he killed Imam al Hussein (عليه السلام) yet you think neither good or bad about him yet the killers of Uthman are regarded as heretics?

Another thing I find very strange is how nobody besides the Imams (عليه السلام) were there defeninding Uthman. The ahlu sunnah view is that a group of khawarij came all the way from egypt to kill Uthman. My question is how did they go all the way from egypt to medina undetected? You might say, well its not like they had cameras or satellites back in the day so how would anyone know? Well if thats the case, how did the meccans find the Muslims at badr. How did the army of yazid find Imam al Hussein and his companions that numbered at less then 100? Theres no way a large army of people could be under anybodys radar. But well give them that excuse for the sake of argument.

Well also give them the excuse that muawiya sent troops but they were all the way in damascas. Why didnt any of the sahaba in medina help Uthman? Why were they able to beseige his house? What were the other companions doing? Ahlu sunnah will say Uthman told them not to do anything because he was afraid of fitna. How does that make sense? Does it make sense that the sahaba would just listen to him and be like “are you sure thats what you want? Alright then, peace, good luck” does that sounds like the trait of the sahaba to you to leave their caliph just because he told you to. Is that loyalty respect and honor for you? And on top of that, after his death army after army went after to fight Imam Ali (عليه السلام) you mean those armies that went to fight him couldnt have just found those responsible for uthmans death? None of these people had enough time to make an army to defend Uthman yet they had all the time in the world to make one and fight agaisnt the man who actually helped Uthman? ahlu sunnah will say, “well they didnt know exactly who killed him” really? If thats so how do we know who killed him? Wasnt it allegedly abdallah ibn saba who led his followers to kill him? How is it that we who have lived 1000 years after this even know this but none of the sahaba knew. We know every detail about this ibn saba yet the sahaba were unaware of this? This easily destroys the whole “one Jew went around misguiding the sahaba” myth. سبحان الله.

If its the case, that the  sahaba caused so much killing and fitna between themselves because of him, how are we going to be when masih ad dajjal comes? If these people who are said to be the best of people can let one random jewish guy divide them how will we who are more deviant then them be against  ad dajjal? And with all this what in Gods name was the point of going All the way to basra to fight Imam Ali (عليه السلام) when the killers were in medina. Ya Allah. I thank God who has guided me to the path of Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alhamdulilah, 

One of the things that bothers me is how some Sunni Muslims go out their way to avoid giving the Ahlul Bayt in credence in any narrations. Most of their Hadith are narrated by such and such and such. They have really tried hard to keep any mention of the Imams off the radar. 

Anyway not all Muslims are Sunni because of  allegiance to caliphate. I considered myself Sunni when I was young because I liked the idea of practicing Islam as close to Muhammad SAW as possible. The reality is that a lot people around the world don’t know the history of Islam in its totality and unfortunate bloody reality after Muhammad SAW left this world. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, AbdulKarim313_Austin/Nola said:

. I considered myself Sunni when I was young because I liked the idea of practicing Islam as close to Muhammad SAW as possible

https://qr.ae/TWN3zD

There are so Many Sunnis that try to Shi’as are wrong, but they don’t make sense themeselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2019 at 4:38 AM, IbnAhmed56 said:

how are we going to be when masih ad dajjal comes? If these people who are said to be the best of people can let one random jewish guy divide them how will we who are more deviant then them be against  ad dajjal? And with all this what in Gods name was the point of going All the way to basra to fight Imam Ali (عليه السلام) when the killers were in medina. Ya Allah. I thank God who has guided me to the path of Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) 

Salam , there is  narrations that says when heavenly sound as one of major signs of reappearance of Imam Mahdi (aj) will hear in morning near sunset Shaytan will make a same call as that right with Uthman & only people that know which call is true wiil remain steadfast on first heavenly call also Imam Mahdi (aj) after reappearance when leans to Hajar Al-Aswad the whole people will hear his words that " I'm the who will revenge blood of Imam Hussain (as)" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2019 at 1:59 AM, Isaam said:

https://qr.ae/TWN3zD

There are so Many Sunnis that try to Shi’as are wrong, but they don’t make sense themeselves.

"Al-Islam.org is a Shia website that is:

  1. based on the flawed Shia ideology (see my answer to In Islam, are the Shia right or are the Sunni right?)
  2. contains false and exaggerated information and fabricated ahadith"

 

 

 ...Just like a Salafi/Deobandi bookshelf then

 

 

 

IMG_20190528_115737.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2019 at 3:59 AM, Isaam said:

https://qr.ae/TWN3zD

There are so Many Sunnis that try to Shi’as are wrong, but they don’t make sense themeselves.

 

5 hours ago, aaaz1618 said:

"Al-Islam.org is a Shia website that is:

  1. based on the flawed Shia ideology (see my answer to In Islam, are the Shia right or are the Sunni right?)
  2. contains false and exaggerated information and fabricated ahadith"

 

 

 ...Just like a Salafi/Deobandi bookshelf then

 

 

 

IMG_20190528_115737.jpg

You know, the 2nd part made me laugh. Do you know why I love al-Islam.org? Because when they want to justify their evidence to our Sunni Brothers and Sister, they use ONLY Qur'an, Historical events AND Sunni books, so that guy rejected his own books, sad :hahaha:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Bakery
3 hours ago, Diaz said:

 

You know, the 2nd part made me laugh. Do you know why I love al-Islam.org? Because when they want to justify their evidence to our Sunni Brothers and Sister, they use ONLY Qur'an, Historical events AND Sunni books, so that guy rejected his own books, sad :hahaha:

Maybe one of us more tech savvy could reply on Quora in the same thread of what the brother said above. This way anybody encountering the same link would at least have the other side of the view. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2019 at 2:08 AM, IbnAhmed56 said:

Assalam alaikum. For those of you interested in why I accepted the path of Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) I could give you so many reasons why this is a long post so please bear with me. I can speak to you about it for days.

Heres one reason I have rejected the path of Ahlu sunnah. There is so much double standardness one starts to wonder what is right and what is wrong. Heres an example. Many Sunnis will ask Shias why they are so emotional for Karbala and that it happened a long time ago. Heres the thing, youll never hear o Karbala in most Sunni mosques. But you will hear about the assasination of Uthman. Wasnt uthmans assaniation a long time ago? Why still talk anout it then. What if I told you that in my madrasa I learned about the assaniation of Uthman before I eve knew who Imam al Hussein (عليه السلام) was. In these examples ill present some double standards of ahlu sunnah.

All these arguments that are used will be only refuting the viewpoijt of ahlu sunnah just to show you how their views don’t agree or make much sense. Now, if you ask anybody from ahlu sunnha, who killed Uthman they will tell you it was the khawarij, not the sahaba, and they will speak bad about thise who killed Uthman. Understandle. Now look here, ask them about the killers of Imam al Hussein (عليه السلام) and they will say “they were neither good and bad. Thats very odd. Lets compare Imam Al Hussein to Uthman from the Sunni viewpoint. Both were sahabas. Both are among thentop sahaba. Both were killed by people from the tabain( ahlu sunnah regard the tabaiin as the best people after the sahaba) although from the ahlu sunnah view, their desths parralel each other, you will find that ahlu sunnah have to different views about their killers. Thise who killed Uthman were khawarij who are evil people yet thise who killed Imam al Hussein (عليه السلام) were neither good nor bad. So the question is what makes the killers of Uthman worse then the killers of Imam al Hussein? Well, Ahl sunnah might say, well, its because Uthman was a caliph, and he had the right to rule, so that is why they are khawarij, yazid was caliph and he had the right to rule too.

Lets Agree with them for the sake of argument. Wasnt Imam Ali (عليه السلام) the caliph when muwiya revolted agaisnt him? ahlul sunnah will say, well they were both sahaba so we can’t get between them. Very well then, yazid wasnt a sahaba and he killed Imam al Hussein (عليه السلام) yet you think neither good or bad about him yet the killers of Uthman are regarded as heretics?

Another thing I find very strange is how nobody besides the Imams (عليه السلام) were there defeninding Uthman. The ahlu sunnah view is that a group of khawarij came all the way from egypt to kill Uthman. My question is how did they go all the way from egypt to medina undetected? You might say, well its not like they had cameras or satellites back in the day so how would anyone know? Well if thats the case, how did the meccans find the Muslims at badr. How did the army of yazid find Imam al Hussein and his companions that numbered at less then 100? Theres no way a large army of people could be under anybodys radar. But well give them that excuse for the sake of argument.

Well also give them the excuse that muawiya sent troops but they were all the way in damascas. Why didnt any of the sahaba in medina help Uthman? Why were they able to beseige his house? What were the other companions doing? Ahlu sunnah will say Uthman told them not to do anything because he was afraid of fitna. How does that make sense? Does it make sense that the sahaba would just listen to him and be like “are you sure thats what you want? Alright then, peace, good luck” does that sounds like the trait of the sahaba to you to leave their caliph just because he told you to. Is that loyalty respect and honor for you? And on top of that, after his death army after army went after to fight Imam Ali (عليه السلام) you mean those armies that went to fight him couldnt have just found those responsible for uthmans death? None of these people had enough time to make an army to defend Uthman yet they had all the time in the world to make one and fight agaisnt the man who actually helped Uthman? ahlu sunnah will say, “well they didnt know exactly who killed him” really? If thats so how do we know who killed him? Wasnt it allegedly abdallah ibn saba who led his followers to kill him? How is it that we who have lived 1000 years after this even know this but none of the sahaba knew. We know every detail about this ibn saba yet the sahaba were unaware of this? This easily destroys the whole “one Jew went around misguiding the sahaba” myth. سبحان الله.

If its the case, that the  sahaba caused so much killing and fitna between themselves because of him, how are we going to be when masih ad dajjal comes? If these people who are said to be the best of people can let one random jewish guy divide them how will we who are more deviant then them be against  ad dajjal? And with all this what in Gods name was the point of going All the way to basra to fight Imam Ali (عليه السلام) when the killers were in medina. Ya Allah. I thank God who has guided me to the path of Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) 

The funny thing of it all is that the Khawarij did not even exist during the reign of Uthman (رضي الله عنه).

Blaming the Khawarij for everything that went wrong is a mockery towards Imam Ali (عليه السلام) as the former were on ofshoot of his Shia.

Thereby they want to distract the attention from Muawiya and his followers who were the first sect that actually split up from the real Ahl as-Sunna wal-Jamaah as they weren't the voice of the Jamaah nor following the Sunnah.

Edited by Faruk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...