Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Isaam

I don’t feel close to Allah anymore.

Rate this topic

56 minutes ago, Isaam said:

Keep me in your duas, and pray for me. It’s just hard for me. I don’t know anymore if there is a God. I don’t know f there is an afterlife. What if all the time I used to pray is wasted and there is no God? What if I had false hope my entire life of the afterlife? I’m lost and misguided. I feel depressed and that no one understands.

Isaam, I'm sorry for your depression. I have always believed in the afterlife, since I was a small child, filled with amazement at how martyrs would give up this life in order to gain the after-life. And having been a hospice nurse for 18 years, I could never doubt it now. I have been at the bedside of atheists and believers at their moment of death. The horror and fear on the face of one atheist man, in particular, was a stark difference from the peaceful smile and wonder on the faces of many believers. I'm praying God will reveal Himself to you, that you will know you have a purpose in being created to spend eternity with the God you are not sure exists.

Peace with God,

MartyS

3 hours ago, MartyS said:

Isaam, I'm sorry for your depression. I have always believed in the afterlife, since I was a small child, filled with amazement at how martyrs would give up this life in order to gain the after-life. And having been a hospice nurse for 18 years, I could never doubt it now. I have been at the bedside of atheists and believers at their moment of death.

Oh my God, a hospice nurse? I could never even imagine that job. I would be so sad with all the people dying. I wouldn’t say I have depression, I just getting depressed while having these thoughts. 

As Shia’s we follow our last Prophets family and I just finished reading a book about them. They were killed by bad ‘Muslims’ who weren’t even Muslim, but they faith they had is so amazing.

Our last Prophet compared him to Jesus. I forgot the hadith but it went something like this:

’The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) said to Ali Ibn Abu Talib (عليه السلام) ‘In a way you are like Isa ibn Maryam ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) (Jesus don of Mary)  The Christians loved him so much and would do anything for him. Some Jews hated him so much they slandered his mother.

When I leave there will be a group that will hate you, and there will be a group that loves you and supports you.’

Because of reading simple things like this it really is bringing a smile to my face.

Are all my doubts gone?

No, but I’m just going to keep positive things in my life. I’m going to try to stay away from negative people who try to make me upset, like atheists. A lot of my friends are Christians themselves, but we’ve discussed God and we came to a conclusion that we worship the same God in different ways.

I’m going to stay away from the people who say “if you are not in this religion, enjoy burning in hell” or “God doesn’t even exist, you all are trying to have faith by believing in lies” 

I found a community on a social app, who believe in God and had the same doubts I do. I think I’m going to get better. It will definitely take some time, but I really think things will get better. God willing

On 5/23/2019 at 12:47 PM, Isaam said:

Look you will literally find the stupidest people online. Some Christians believe we follow the dajjal as anti-Christ

FB6EB3ED-AB4E-4374-AF45-7B12B231983F.jpeg

I missed this before but those kinds of comments are hilarious :hahaha:

1 hour ago, HakimPtsid said:

I missed this before but those kinds of comments are hilarious :hahaha:

True, :hahaha:. Some people don’t even know we believe in Jesus and Jibreal. And I’ve heard some Christians say we believe in ‘Muslim Jesus’ which is the ‘Antichrist’ 

somebody wrote a book called ‘Imam Mahdi the anti christ’ astifurAllah 

1 hour ago, Isaam said:

True, :hahaha:. Some people don’t even know we believe in Jesus and Jibreal. And I’ve heard some Christians say we believe in ‘Muslim Jesus’ which is the ‘Antichrist’ 

somebody wrote a book called ‘Imam Mahdi the anti christ’ astifurAllah 

One of my favorite absolute absurdities (which also ironically undermines the authority of the Christians that usually spout it) is the conspiracy theory that Islam was created by the Vatican or that Prophet Muhammad ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) was a Christian who started his own religion. :gossip:

Seriously, some people do actually take that seriously on the whim that either it sounds like an appealing idea or that they hate Islam. But really, comments such as that boarder on Poe's Law. Either trying to intentionally be absurd or just legitimately spouting illogical ideas with malice. :coffee:

Either way it both undermines Christianity (and to the ironic use of Qur'anic arguments against the Judeo-Christian Bible itself) and the Christians that propagate that myth - and it puts fully on displace the insecurities that some have with their own religions. 

And of course I don't see many Atheists spreading it because it (the theory) doesn't work in their favor, either way.

(btw, I shouldn't have to say that I'm not talking about all Christians but I'm not)

Edited by HakimPtsid

50 minutes ago, HakimPtsid said:

And of course I don't see many Atheists spreading it because it (the theory) doesn't work in their favor, either way

Atheists logic is more of they want scientific evidence. Science cannot define God, since God is infinite and these theory’s they make just to disprove God isn’t really fooling anyone

W.salam do not worry. You are not the only person going through this and having conflicts inside of you is totally normal. The point is you still care enough and deep down you still believe and have faith and that's why you are here.

After Prophet Mohammed SAWW went to Miraj there were people asking a Sahaba or Prophet SAWW's relative (I don't exactly remember who it was,so sorry) they asked if you believe the Prophet SAWW that he met Allah and visited all the skies in one night and That Person replied that I BELIEVE IN Mohammed SAWW'S God THAT I HAVE NEVER SEEN SO WHY WOULDN'T I BELIEVE IN THIS.

And in Qur'an Prophet Ibrahim (عليه السلام). asks Allah to show some signs that Allah can really resurrect people from death so that he can fully believe. Allah asks Prophet Ibrahim AS if you don't believe me and Ibrahim AS replies that I do...but I want to see to satisfy my heart.

So if a Prophet can ask that of Allah you are merely human. 

Hold yourself from believing in something else like shirk. Allah forgives all sin remember. It's stated in the Qur'an. Try to read Qur'an translation and try to understand, it will help you. Life without Allah is complete darkness. It's a void specially for Muslim people. You are very lucky to be born Muslim. Avoid YouTube videos and comments. You don't need to watch videos or wander around to purify your soul or make strong your beliefs. Qur'an is enough. Hold onto it. Inside of Qur'an there is everything. Don't even listen to different scholars. It cam mess up your mind.

And try to read Nahj Ul Balagha. The way Imam Ali (عليه السلام) describe Allah is just beyond your mind and thinking. Do not inherit your religion but learn it. Try to give sadka and charity. Pray for yourself. Try to do good deeds. And Allah is in everything. There are questions that not even science can explain and Allah is the answer to everything. You can see Allah in everything if you try to pay attention. I know it's must be very hard for you. Lack of faith and tawaqqul in Allah causes depression and creates a big void in our lives. Do you believe in death ? What do you think is going to happen when we die ? Doesn't Islam and Qur'an give you hope and better answer to these questions than any other religion? It reassures you and never ever... despair. Always Believe in Allah's mercy. And stop thinking and analyzing too much. 

On 5/22/2019 at 8:56 PM, Isaam said:

I forgot who I searched up, but it was the very bottom comment. They’ll probably reply ‘May the lord have mercy on you’ or something. But Jesus, Isa (عليه السلام) prayed to God. If the trinity was true how come one God prayed to another? Wouldn’t that be polytheism?? And Jesus ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) said I forgot where in the Bible but he said “In vain they worship me”

Hi, Isaam,

As a Christian, I am honored to be able to explain my Christian beliefs on this site. And I am grateful for the things I have learned here about your beliefs. I trust God to reveal Himself to us. I ask God not to let me misrepresent Him or Jesus. I welcome your comments and questions about Christianity.

I also read in our Bible how Jesus sometimes spent all night praying to God, His Father; and how God spoke about Jesus in an audible voice from heaven, calling Jesus His Son...

16 And when Jesus was baptized, immediately he went up from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming to rest on him;
17 and behold, a voice from heaven said, "This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased." - Matthew 3:16-17

That passage also portrays the three-fold nature of God--the Father, the Son, and the Spirit of God. This is what we call The Trinity, not three Gods but rather three revelations of the one true God. Jesus tried to explain His relationship with the Father to His disciples like this...

8 Philip said to him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us."
9 Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?
10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works.
11 Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else believe on account of the works themselves. - John 14:8-11

This next verse from the gospel of Mark tells about Jesus quoting from Isaiah the words of God when He said, "In vain do they worship me." Jesus was rebuking the religious leaders (as hypocrites) who claimed to worship Gid but instead taught their own commandments as if they were the doctrines of God, making their worship of God useless or vain.

5 And the Pharisees and the scribes asked him, "Why do your disciples not walk according to the tradition of the elders, but eat with defiled hands?"
6 And he said to them, "Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written, "'This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me; 
7 in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.' 
8 You leave the commandment of God and hold to the tradition of men." - Mark 7:5-8

May God continue to reveal Himself to us.

Peace and blessings,

MartyS

4 hours ago, Isaam said:

Atheists logic is more of they want scientific evidence. Science cannot define God, since God is infinite and these theory’s they make just to disprove God isn’t really fooling anyone

You're right but I meant it more in terms of an Atheist's relationship to the three Abrahamic religions. A conspiracy theory like the one cited wouldn't make much sense for an Atheist to push, however they often do (rightfully so) consider the Vatican to be evil. 

But yeah, Atheists are more concerned with archaeological and anthropological aspects of the Bible itself. Outside of that it's just the infinite circular mindgames of asserting that Theists are wrong and illogical, same old same old. 

But yeah, Islam has a difference status among the three Abrahamic religions for several reasons (I could write a book on that point alone, lol) and require a completely different polemical strategy to wage argument or attempted refutation from the Atheist-side, in comparison to their more immediate archaeological and anthropological concerns that place the other two Abrahamic religions in odd argument and apologetic situations - aside from obvious theological issues. 

Edited by HakimPtsid

4 hours ago, Ani said:

W.salam do not worry. You are not the only person going through this and having conflicts inside of you is totally normal. The point is you still care enough and deep down you still believe and have faith and that's why you are here.

After Prophet Mohammed SAWW went to Miraj there were people asking a Sahaba or Prophet SAWW's relative (I don't exactly remember who it was,so sorry) they asked if you believe the Prophet SAWW that he met Allah and visited all the skies in one night and That Person replied that I BELIEVE IN Mohammed SAWW'S God THAT I HAVE NEVER SEEN SO WHY WOULDN'T I BELIEVE IN THIS.

And in Qur'an Prophet Ibrahim (عليه السلام). asks Allah to show some signs that Allah can really resurrect people from death so that he can fully believe. Allah asks Prophet Ibrahim AS if you don't believe me and Ibrahim AS replies that I do...but I want to see to satisfy my heart.

So if a Prophet can ask that of Allah you are merely human. 

Hold yourself from believing in something else like shirk. Allah forgives all sin remember. It's stated in the Qur'an. Try to read Qur'an translation and try to understand, it will help you. Life without Allah is complete darkness. It's a void specially for Muslim people. You are very lucky to be born Muslim. Avoid YouTube videos and comments. You don't need to watch videos or wander around to purify your soul or make strong your beliefs. Qur'an is enough. Hold onto it. Inside of Qur'an there is everything. Don't even listen to different scholars. It cam mess up your mind.

And try to read Nahj Ul Balagha. The way Imam Ali (عليه السلام) describe Allah is just beyond your mind and thinking. Do not inherit your religion but learn it. Try to give sadka and charity. Pray for yourself. Try to do good deeds. And Allah is in everything. There are questions that not even science can explain and Allah is the answer to everything. You can see Allah in everything if you try to pay attention. I know it's must be very hard for you. Lack of faith and tawaqqul in Allah causes depression and creates a big void in our lives. Do you believe in death ? What do you think is going to happen when we die ? Doesn't Islam and Qur'an give you hope and better answer to these questions than any other religion? It reassures you and never ever... despair. Always Believe in Allah's mercy. And stop thinking and analyzing too much. 

I really love your post, it hits directly at what I would consider the most important primary concerns for Muslims, period. And yes yes yes to Nahlul Balagha, those sermons and letters are a treasure trove of wisdom, understanding, introspection, leadership and of course Qur'an exegesis. Whist the Qur'an itself is the Revelation, the foundation and the well that never runs dry (and that's putting it very simply). The Nahjul Balagha is figuratively Imam Ali ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) unraveling the philosophical and ethical layers of what it means to be a Muslim but not only that, it is very unabashedly cultivating the inherent necessity of the intellect in one's spirituality. 

But as with one of your other points, focusing and feeding the Iman, leaving aside worldly distractions and strengthening one's Taqwa in the process is something utterly incomparable. Subhanallah. 

Edited by HakimPtsid

6 hours ago, HakimPtsid said:

And of course I don't see many Atheists spreading it because it (the theory) doesn't work in their favor, either way.

(btw, I shouldn't have to say that I'm not talking about all Christians but I'm not)

Salam these ideas are spreading by Evangelist to show Islam is a Satanic religion , they also know pope as agent of Satan 

Media war against Imam Mahdi ((عليه السلام))

The Twelfth Imam

Evangelism's 12th Imam

Glenn Beck - Part 1 Islam's 12th Imam

Who is twelve Imam? امام دوازدهم کیه!؟

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

8 hours ago, Ani said:

Do you believe in death ? What do you think is going to happen when we die ?

I’m staring to believe again in a creator. I still pray, but I’m still unsure right now. But I don’t understand the afterlife. I don’t know if we have souls, or when we die we just die alongside our body.

3 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam these ideas are spreading by Evangelist to show Islam is a Satanic religion , they also know pope as agent of Satan 

Media war against Imam Mahdi ((عليه السلام))

Yea probably 

50 minutes ago, Isaam said:

I’m staring to believe again in a creator. I still pray, but I’m still unsure right now. But I don’t understand the afterlife. I don’t know if we have souls, or when we die we just die alongside our body.

And what about all the injustice going on in the world ? How do you explain that ? What about the sense of right and wrong ? or do you think that life is meaningless and one can go around and do whatever they want and they won't have to respond to anyone ? Do you think after commiting horrendous crimes one will just die and not exist ? Well many wish and believe so but unfortunately for them Souls are immortal.

Allah is the answer for every injustice and atrocity going on in the world. There is no other explaination.

And why do you pray ? If you don't mind me asking. What motivates you to pray ? I know sometimes it gets very hard and we just do it like robots, forcing our bodies and tongue. But still.. do you get any peace or satisfaction after praying or at the end of the day ?

Get yourself busy. Don't even have time to think. That will help with your mental state. Do not just sit around and contemplate on these things. There is no need. Everything will get well, inshallah.

How is your Akhlaq , How are you with people around you, Do you have anger inside you or do you practice patience , Concentrate on day to day tasks and emotions. Praying is the basic requirement from a human but there are so many different ways that we can prove to be good humans and better Muslims. Allah tests us. And the one with the best Akhlaq is the highest in ranking. Your depression is just a phase. Do you have hobbies ? Do you get enough time to relax ? Try to enjoy with family and friends. And refuse to talk about religion especially around your Friends. Even if they do, get up and leave. Because most of your problems come from other people's comments and beliefs. Anyway sorry for such a long post. And apologies if I hurt your feelings with my words. 

Edited by Ani

2 minutes ago, Ani said:

And what about all the injustice going on in the world ? How do you explain that ? What about the sense of right and wrong ? or do you think that life is meaningless and one can go around and do whatever they want and they won't have to respond to anyone ? Do you think after commiting horrendous crimes one will just die and not exist ? Well many wish and believe so but unfortunately for them Souls are immortal.

I suppose you are right, but I guess everyone gets their doubts while growing up. I mean you reflect on something and you don’t even know what happens to people when they die. We have hope, but we aren’t 100 percent certain. I use to be 100 certain, but this past month my imaan has gone down a lot

4 minutes ago, Ani said:

And why do you pray ? If you don't mind me asking. What motivates you to pray ? I know sometimes it gets very hard and we just do it like robots, forcing our bodies and tongue. But still.. do you get any peace or satisfaction after praying or at the end of the day ?

I pray with my mother. I pray to be guided by Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and for him to help me. I haven’t been getting any satisfaction lately.

5 minutes ago, Ani said:

How is your Akhlaq , How are you with people around you, Do you have anger inside you or do you practice patience , Concentrate on day to day tasks and emotions. Praying is the basic requirement from a human but there are so many different ways that we can prove to be good humans and better Muslims. Allah tests us. And the one with the best Akhlaq is the highest in ranking. Your depression is just a phase. Do you have hobbies ? Do you get enough time to relax ? Try to enjoy with family and friends. And refuse to talk about religion especially around your Friends. Even if they do, get up and leave. Because most of your problems come from other people's comments and beliefs. Anyway sorry for such a long post. And apologies if I hurt your feelings with my words. 

I think my Akhlaq is okay. I’m usually good with the people around me, but yesterday I was sick and I was feeling depressed, so my mother asked me what’s wrong and I said ‘I’m just sick’ to cover it up. Recently I miss seeing all my family and friends and I want to be around them. I just need to get closer to God. I use to be 100 percent certain in the afterlife and God’s existence, but I don't know anymore. Maybe he is just testing me, but this test is making me feel miserable.