Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Isaam

I don’t feel close to Allah anymore.

Rate this topic

On 5/23/2019 at 2:17 AM, Isaam said:

I feel like I’m doubting is there a God? How do we know there is a God? How do we know Muhammad ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) is a true Prophet? Is (Shi’a) Islam the best and correct religion? Is there really a heaven and a hell? How can I get the feeling of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) back into my life?

Guys please help me with these questions if you can. I feel so lost and misguided and I feel so depressed. I’m not happy anymore. I’m afraid of just perishing after death or if our religion is wrong, and we get put in hellfire. 

When doubt, confusion, uncertainty, anxiety arise, enquire: “Does this doubt, confusion, uncertainty, anxiety, exist apart from the thought that arose with it?” 
Once it is realized that doubt, confusion, uncertainty, anxiety, is the thought, the Truth is revealed. 
Truth is absolutely Self-evident and therefore impossible to believe in. 
Belief necessarily implies uncertainty. Uncertainty is inherent within belief. 
Does one need believe that they exist? Directly experiencing one's own existence, what is there to believe?
Only concepts can be believed. Beliefs are only concepts.
Total submission to Allah (Islam) is the single movement from thought to Being. It is also the movement from delusion to Truth, illusion to Reality, ego to Self, separation to Unity. 

21 hours ago, aaaz1618 said:

If you piece together all the things Jesus, peace be upon him, says on the cross

According to us he didn’t die on the cross, and yea I agree 

57 minutes ago, Zahra.5 said:

you were born in a Islamic family like me.
may I ask that where are you from?

@Zahra.5Yes I was born into a syed-Shi’a family. I live In the United States. And these doubts I get are so annoying and I can’t help them. 

Edited by Isaam

when you accepted Islam, perform your prayers and do your fast, and seek nearness to Allah and want to feel him again in your life, it indicates that Allah cares you, supports you, guided you and showed you the truth!
I understand your feellings.
for myself, I become sad and depressed many times in my life, I don’t have doubt about the truth of my religion, but for example: sometimes I feel that noone love me, I could not help someone in the world, when in Quora thousands of my answers were collapsed, it makes me very sad and depressed that people don’t read the informations that I provided them to help them to return to Allah, to be means of there guidance by divine grace, etc.
but I believe that the advent of Imam Mahdi, (may Allah hasten his reappearance), is very near.
he returns and rescues us from all injustice and cruelties by divine support!
believing in the advent of Imam Mahdi, is the only reason that gives me tranquillity in this merciless world!
Imam Mahdi is manifestation of divine mercy:
when Imam Mahdi (may Allah hasten his reappearance) returns says:
“Your Lord's mercy is completely overwhelming, and I am that comprehensive mercy of Allah.”
Biharul Anwar, volume 53, page 11.

44 minutes ago, Isaam said:

@Zahra.5Yes I was born into a syed-Shi’a family. I live In the United States. And these doubts I get are so annoying and I can’t help them. 

be sure that Allah loves you as he selected you for following his best and most perfected religions, supports you always, bestows his mercies and graces for you, brings you in to light, gives you special rewards, answers your prayers, and grants your wishes.
the all-merciful Allah says in the Qur'an:
“And when those who believe in Our communications come to you, say: Peace be on you, your Lord has ordained mercy on Himself.”
surah alanaam: verse 54.
"As for those who believe in Allah and hold fast by Him, He will cause them to enter into His Mercy and grace and guide them to Himself on a right path." (4:175)
"Say, ‘My Lord, forgive and have mercy, and You are the Best of those who are merciful.’" (23:118)
“Your Lord's mercy is completely overwhelming.” (6:147)
Amir al-Mu’minin (عليه السلام), in one part of dua kumayl, tells Allah:
“it is very far from You to spoil the one who have accepted Your divinity and training, via Your spiritual blessings. It is very far from You to torture the one who You have have brought to Your nearness and mercy, or to drive away the one who You have given refuge, or chastise the one who You have spared.”
o my lord, You are so Merciful and so Generous that You have addressed the sinful human:
“You called me and I answered you, you asked Me and I granted you, you opposed Me but I respited, you left Me but I watched you, you disobeyed My orders but I concealed your sins; if you return to me I would accept you, and if you went away from Me, I wait for your return to Me. I am the most Generous of the generous, the most Forgiver of the forgivers, and the most Merciful of the merciful.”
Allah addressed Prophet David (as):
“Say to My servants: Why don’t you befriend Me, since I deserve friendship? I am a God of no miserliness, there’s no ignorance in My Omniscience, no incapacity in My Forbearance, and no alternation in My Attributes or My Speech. My Mercy and Forgiveness is unvarying and constant. I am the friend of him who befriends Me, and I accompany him who invokes on Me in his solitude. O David! He who seeks Me finds Me; and he who finds Me deserves not to lose Me. O David! Blessing is from Me but My servants thank others; I ward off calamity but they seek it from others. Their safe haven is My Presence, but they seek refuge from others, though finally they return to Me.”
Imam ‘Ali (عليه السلام) says:
"Allah is not to open up the doors of gratitude to His servant but close the doors of increased blessings. He is not to allow him to supplicate, but limit fulfillment of his supplication. And He does not intend to open the doors of repentance, but close the doors of His forgiveness."
Nahj Al-Balagha: Hikmat 435.
Imam al-Baqir (عليه السلام) said:
“Obtain Allah’s Mercy and Forgiveness by returning to Him, and for realizing your return get help from sincere praying in the middle of night.”
Bihar al-Anwar: 75/ 162, Bab 22, tradition 1.
http://www.al-Islam.org/commentary-kumayl-supplication-allama-husayn-ansariyan
“surely my Lord is Nigh, Answering.”
holy Qur'an: 11/61.
“And ask forgiveness of your Lord, then turn to Him; surely my Lord is Merciful, Loving-kind.”
holy Qur'an: 11/90.
God’s mercy has no limit and does not accept any restriction. The only restriction is in our understanding and therefore we may not be able to grasp all aspects of His mercy. His mercy is all-embracing and all-inclusive nothing falls out of it.
As Allah says in the Qur’an:
"My mercy has encompassed everything." (7: 156)
In a divine saying, we read:
"If the people who have turned their back on Me knew how much I love them to come back they would have died out of joy."
Allah does not need anyone, but still, out of His mercy, He does not want even a single person to go astray.
https://www.al-Islam.org/message-thaqalayn/vol11-n4-2011/understanding-God-s-mercy-part-1-Mohammed-Ali-shomali

1 hour ago, Isaam said:

@Zahra.5 @aaaz1618 @Noor Taleb https://qr.ae/TWNjAQ things like his posts confuse me and make doubt they keep coming in my recommendations 

don’t read they will add spices to all things they can to make you a fool ignore them and their recommendations 

1 hour ago, Isaam said:

@Zahra.5 @aaaz1618 @Noor Taleb https://qr.ae/TWNjAQ things like his posts confuse me and make doubt they keep coming in my recommendations 

Go to the Deen show they have some pretty good arguments 

1 hour ago, Isaam said:

Brother, don’t let them confuse you listen to this and compare it in your brain with their ideas 

1) Jesus ate food and drank Water

If he is God why does he need nourishment to survive like a creation does ? He should have some sort of godly powers if he is son of God or God like maybe not sleep at all maybe not cry at all maybe not feel hunger 

2) Jesus never claimed he was God 

look at the Bible he says

My father is greater than me 

My father is greater than me 

3) Jesus lived and according to them DIED 

well a person that was born , lived like a human and supposedly died like a human how can he be God . Isn’t he limited and restricted as any other creation of Allah. He can’t go days and days without eating could he then isn’t he limited like creation,

4) Who is Jesus praying to if he is God himself ?? Since they say father and son same God at the same time how? Can they coexist when clearly the son came after the father 

5) some one will stand up and say God came down as spirit inside Jesus body well then I don't know what you guys believe but I can say that God doesn’t need to come down in any body as doing this would limit him I.e have you ever seen something which is limitless be confined inside limited body ,can you pack inside the whole ocean in a jar NO! You can’t 

The moment God comes like human down then it is proved that God couldn’t sit there and protect all his People so He HAD to do this so people could be understand him. The God I know doesn’t HAVE to do anything he can will and it happens 

I didn't read the full thing because to use the comparison of God to a man that can be a father, son and husband just shows the limited understanding of God.

When a person compares God to man they have opened up their shortness of intelligence for all to see.

Also agree with all of the above.

Edited by aaaz1618

They argue that God is so great He can do as He wants, even come down to Earth as a human. We say, God is so great He does not need to appeal to simple minds by coming down to Earth as a human. He has nothing to prove, and the Qur'an tells us many times that even if He came down or showed some sign, people would still disbelieve. He doesn't need to prove anything, such is His greatness.

On 5/22/2019 at 5:02 PM, Isaam said:

My mom told me Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) tests our faith in different ways. One of hers was her brother dying 19 years ago at the age of 21 in a motorcycle accident.

Hi, Isaam,

My twin sister died with lung cancer 19 years ago. Before she died, she told me about a dream she had where she saw herself lying on the floor. Then a man picked her up and held her in his arms. She believed it was Jesus. She said she didn't hear the word...she felt it. "Redeemed." She said it washed over her with so much power she thought Jesus was healing her in that moment, taking away her cancer. But then the dream ended. And she realized she was sicker than before. She said she realized then it wasn't that kind of healing. She had no fear of dying (peacefully, about two weeks later). For me, my faith began with a life-changing experience that changed me completely. I knew immediately I was a different person. I was filled with love and peace and joy like I had never experienced before. I cannot doubt my faith.

Blessings!

MartyS

23 minutes ago, MartyS said:

. I cannot doubt my faith.

Blessings!

MartyS

Yea, it seems some people have different sight or signs from God. It’s just overall recently I haven’t felt close 

God Bless,

Isaam

Edited by Isaam

You will surely be tested in your possessions and in yourselves. And you will surely hear from those who were given the Scripture before you and from those who associate others with Allah much abuse. But if you are patient and fear Allah - indeed, that is of the matters [worthy] of determination. Qur'an 3:186

1 hour ago, Abu Nur said:

You will surely be tested in your possessions and in yourselves. And you will surely hear from those who were given the Scripture before you and from those who associate others with Allah much abuse. But if you are patient and fear Allah - indeed, that is of the matters [worthy] of determination. Qur'an 3:186

Keep me in your duas, and pray for me. It’s just hard for me. I don’t know anymore if there is a God. I don’t know f there is an afterlife. What if all the time I used to pray is wasted and there is no God? What if I had false hope my entire life of the afterlife? I’m lost and misguided. I feel depressed and that no one understands.

Edited by Isaam