Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
ali_fatheroforphans

How has your ShiaChat experience been?

Rate this topic

Good. It has confirmed that I'm more like all of you and less like the group that I thought I was. Although I had drifted away from them I feel I relate more with the views on here.

...And, I haven't managed to ruffle many feathers, which is great!

27 minutes ago, aaaz1618 said:

It has confirmed that I'm more like all of you and less like the group that I thought I was. 

Your complimentary turbah and Shia membership card should arrive in the post in the next 3-5 working days 

33 minutes ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

Your complimentary turbah and Shia membership card should arrive in the post in the next 3-5 working days 

Sweeeet haha. Funnily enough I was going to get one just so I could make sure I wasn't putting my head on minging carpets, a turbah, not a membership card... Although, desperate times...

2 minutes ago, aaaz1618 said:

Sweeeet haha. Funnily enough I was going to get one just so I could make sure I wasn't putting my head on minging carpets, a turbah, not a membership card... Although, desperate times...

Do an ebay search for turbah, one guy is selling em for 3 quid with free postage

2 minutes ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

Do an ebay search for turbah, one guy is selling em for 3 quid with free postage

I saw a pack of two plain ones for a similar price, but I don't know if they are still up... And besides, I'd probably not be able to use them out and about, plus I'd want something for my hands and then by the time I know it I'm just walking around in a quarantine boiler suit. I think Abu Brumistan bin Islamqa would have something to say about that.

Guest de trout

I'm just a lurker, but my experience has been absolutely excellent. If it wasn't for this place my faith would be extremely shaken, since the knowledgeable people here always clear my doubts by demolishing any argument and accusation against Islam. It's like having a personal army of bodyguards, ready to defend and strengthen my faith. This site is a blessing and don't let the negative people make you feel otherwise.

2 hours ago, aaaz1618 said:

I know, you can tell I didn't read the forum rules.

I haven't read them either ;)  and I have been here for 13 years! :grin: 

:gossip:This way I can create all the kerfuffle(read:fitna) I want and later very truthfully confess to sister Hameedeh that I wasn't aware that I was breaking any rules. :sorry: 

Don't take the above seriously or you will get me sacked! 

10 years here and I believe I have discussed nearly about anything lol. Met nice people and most importantly, learnt a lot from them. Got the inspiration to read many authors as well as had a funny way to kill time during many evenings by procrastinating in the chatroom.

It's been good so far.

2 hours ago, Diaz said:

I love this website and I’m happy that I found it, thanks to @Ashvazdanghe 

I use to follow a lot of Muslim account in Instagram, but sadly all of them were anti-Shia. 

Pity we never crossed paths on Instagram brother. I was very (and still am) into breaking sectarianism and encouraging love and respect for one another, finding the similarities etc. Although I had only a small following, around 1-2k, I had an active audience from the Shi'a community. I got a bit of hate from extremist salafi types, but who doesn't?

I left Instagram in the end.

Edited by aaaz1618

51 minutes ago, aaaz1618 said:

Pity we never crossed paths on Instagram brother. I was very (and still am) into breaking sectarianism and encouraging love and respect for one another, finding the similarities etc. Although I had only a small following, around 1-2k, I had an active audience from the Shi'a community. I got a bit of hate from extremist salafi types, but who doesn't?

I left Instagram in the end.

Social media is toxic, it’s better if we all just quit it. 

I had a better view of the Shias and the brotherhood between them before I joined this forum. It's only been one disappointed after the other with regards to that, I thought I would find more religious people but I ended up finding just people. Atleast I have learnt more about my religion in those few threads that are actually useful and got some of my questions answered, for that I am thankful.

Guest Bakery
11 hours ago, IbnSina said:

I had a better view of the Shias and the brotherhood between them before I joined this forum. It's only been one disappointed after the other with regards to that, I thought I would find more religious people but I ended up finding just people. Atleast I have learnt more about my religion in those few threads that are actually useful and got some of my questions answered, for that I am thankful.

You need to go to Arbaeen procession in Karbala this year InshAllah. That’s where you will see and experience love that Allah created between Momineen. Our disagreement here doesn’t mean we hate each other.

On 5/23/2019 at 5:12 AM, IbnSina said:

Bcuz u expect a lot from ppl! They r just ppl . They r always just ppl ( even so r we, in ppl's eyes)

8 hours ago, strength=Abbas said:

sorry if I missed anyone !

I thought we had something special :o

My experiences have evolved over time. Years ago, when I was younger, I was more engaged in reading and participating in topics, since it was new and fresh to me. 

Over time, I got what I needed, and didn't need to rehash the same subjects again. However, current events or recent developments are still interesting to me. Or that rare topic that hasn't been addressed before (although since most lack expertise, these topics die down faster than I'd like). 

And then I became development team, then moderator, and now administrator, and my interaction with the site changed a lot. I spend much more time with staff related matters than actual posting in topics now. 

Should I get back in the game?

On 5/22/2019 at 4:00 PM, Guest de trout said:

I'm just a lurker, but my experience has been absolutely excellent. If it wasn't for this place my faith would be extremely shaken, since the knowledgeable people here always clear my doubts by demolishing any argument and accusation against Islam. It's like having a personal army of bodyguards, ready to defend and strengthen my faith. This site is a blessing and don't let the negative people make you feel otherwise.

I AGREE!

On 5/24/2019 at 10:19 PM, ireallywannaknow said:

I thought we had something special :o

SISTERRR! We sure diddd but I thought u might forget me since I was a kido when we used to talk! 

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum dear brother.

Can't stand :liar: :blabla:

I try to spot the bots and :brucelee:

I'm in :love: with :braveheart: seeking :respect:able dignified brothers and sisters :muslima:who stand for principles no matter their ethnic or religious background.

@Zain tries to come every year to remind mods and admins to add Wa Alikum assalam, but they just like to agitate him so he can visit every year.

Imam Husayn (عليه السلام) said in the day of Ashura: "If you do not have any religion, then at least be free (open-minded) in your present life."

إن لم يكن لكم دين فكونوا أحراراً في دنياكم.

So many great memories, I like to go back and read what I posted when I first joined.  Shows where I was, where I have been and how I am now.  

Thank you brother for your contribution to the site :thankyou:, you are opening great threads!  Keep it up.  

God bless you.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

16 hours ago, strength=Abbas said:

SISTERRR! We sure diddd but I thought u might forget me since I was a kido when we used to talk! 

Lol nope didn't forget you! :-) I was just teasing anyway