Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
ali_fatheroforphans

How has your ShiaChat experience been?

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, Diaz said:

I love this website and I’m happy that I found it, thanks to @Ashvazdanghe 

I use to follow a lot of Muslim account in Instagram, but sadly all of them were anti-Shia. 

Pity we never crossed paths on Instagram brother. I was very (and still am) into breaking sectarianism and encouraging love and respect for one another, finding the similarities etc. Although I had only a small following, around 1-2k, I had an active audience from the Shi'a community. I got a bit of hate from extremist salafi types, but who doesn't?

I left Instagram in the end.

Edited by aaaz1618

51 minutes ago, aaaz1618 said:

Pity we never crossed paths on Instagram brother. I was very (and still am) into breaking sectarianism and encouraging love and respect for one another, finding the similarities etc. Although I had only a small following, around 1-2k, I had an active audience from the Shi'a community. I got a bit of hate from extremist salafi types, but who doesn't?

I left Instagram in the end.

Social media is toxic, it’s better if we all just quit it. 

1 hour ago, Diaz said:

Social media is toxic, it’s better if we all just quit it. 

Half of the battle is to get rid of comment sections, which, in all fairness have no purpose anyway.

I had a better view of the Shias and the brotherhood between them before I joined this forum. It's only been one disappointed after the other with regards to that, I thought I would find more religious people but I ended up finding just people. Atleast I have learnt more about my religion in those few threads that are actually useful and got some of my questions answered, for that I am thankful.

Guest Bakery
11 hours ago, IbnSina said:

I had a better view of the Shias and the brotherhood between them before I joined this forum. It's only been one disappointed after the other with regards to that, I thought I would find more religious people but I ended up finding just people. Atleast I have learnt more about my religion in those few threads that are actually useful and got some of my questions answered, for that I am thankful.

You need to go to Arbaeen procession in Karbala this year InshAllah. That’s where you will see and experience love that Allah created between Momineen. Our disagreement here doesn’t mean we hate each other.

8 hours ago, Fakeha said:

Well it's been :coffee: then :dwarf:or :furious:or:hahaha: then :dry: or :ko: eventually :sorry: and mostly :discussion:...

What she said!

On 5/23/2019 at 5:12 AM, IbnSina said:

Bcuz u expect a lot from ppl! They r just ppl . They r always just ppl ( even so r we, in ppl's eyes)

Well, I've been here for 5 years. I can say I grew up on ShiaChat. Like I remember those days that I was a rude teenager n I kept getting banned temporarily lol ( sorry @Hameedeh I know I was a disaster)till the person I am today! I've  spent many time here specially in chatroom . So when I want to think about it, it s like I'm reviewing the whole last 5 years of my life! All ups n downs !

As a person who love discussion , I enjoy spending time on ShiaChat. Even tho I have found disappointing things . Like how many Shias r concerned about muta n physical things instead of spiritual ones ! Or how they waste so much time discussing about how Arabs have always been better than Iranians ?! It makes me crazy that how unimportant things r so popular among most ppl.

As a matter of fact, I use ShiaChat bcuz I prefer having online friends rather than having real ones ! So I can discuss personal things with ppl without the fear of them judging me . I mean yea they may judge but who care since I wont be looking in their eyes the next day ! 

Also ShiaChat helped me a lot to improve my English. 

I learned that not most ppl do make sense or r logical but I found some really great friends here whom I enjoy discussing different things with!  I also have some great friends who r older than me n when I feel bad about myself acting differently than other ppl in my age , they remind me that I'm doing good ! They also wish me luck when I have exams. They've always been a big help for me in all these 5 years . They made me believe in myself . They helped me when I was all depressed n they help me when I have problems. Tnx.  I owe u so much !

@IbnSina @repenter-gone4awhile @Gaius I. Caesar @Ron_Burgundy who r my old friends n a sister I prefer not to tag

n @ali_fatheroforphans @3wliya_maryam @Ruqaya101 as my new friends !

p.s: sorry if I missed anyone !

Edited by strength=Abbas

8 hours ago, strength=Abbas said:

sorry if I missed anyone !

I thought we had something special :o

It's been a good experience although I get distracted at times and then get a mod to temporarily ban me. 

I've really connected with a lot of users here and have learnt a lot from them. I tried leaving this site for 2 weeks and got diagnosed with Confused Post Site/Chat Departure Stress (CPCDS).

Through my friendships in this site I've realised that religious people can be fun to hang out with. I've only met boring religious people irl and tend to only have non-Muslim friends.

My experiences have evolved over time. Years ago, when I was younger, I was more engaged in reading and participating in topics, since it was new and fresh to me. 

Over time, I got what I needed, and didn't need to rehash the same subjects again. However, current events or recent developments are still interesting to me. Or that rare topic that hasn't been addressed before (although since most lack expertise, these topics die down faster than I'd like). 

And then I became development team, then moderator, and now administrator, and my interaction with the site changed a lot. I spend much more time with staff related matters than actual posting in topics now. 

Should I get back in the game?