Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Akbar673

Christians getting into Jannah

Rate this topic

:salam:

So I was asked a question by a Christian today...she asked me if Islamically Christians can get into Heaven?

I told her I would get back to her, even though I had an idea of the answer in my head. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but in the Qur'an it states...

http://al-Qur'an.info/#2:62/1

إِنَّ الَّذينَ آمَنوا وَالَّذينَ هادوا وَالنَّصارىٰ وَالصّابِئينَ مَن آمَنَ بِاللَّهِ وَاليَومِ الآخِرِ وَعَمِلَ صالِحًا فَلَهُم أَجرُهُم عِندَ رَبِّهِم وَلا خَوفٌ عَلَيهِم وَلا هُم يَحزَنونَ

TRANSLITERATION

ʾinna lladhīna ʾāmanū wa-lladhīna hādū wa-n-naṣārā wa-ṣ-ṣābiʾīna man ʾāmana bi-llāhi wa-l-yawmi l-ʾākhiri wa-ʿamila ṣāliḥan fa-lahum ʾajruhum ʿinda rabbihim wa-lā khawfun ʿalayhim wa-lā hum yaḥzanūna

TRANSLATION

Indeed the faithful, the Jews,the Christians, and the Sabaeans—those of them who have faith in Allah and the Last Day and act righteously—they shall have their reward near their Lord,and they will have no fear, nor will they grieve.

http://al-Qur'an.info/#5:69/1

إِنَّ الَّذينَ آمَنوا وَالَّذينَ هادوا وَالصّابِئونَ وَالنَّصارىٰ مَن آمَنَ بِاللَّهِ وَاليَومِ الآخِرِ وَعَمِلَ صالِحًا فَلا خَوفٌ عَلَيهِم وَلا هُم يَحزَنونَ

TRANSLITERATION

ʾinna lladhīna ʾāmanū wa-lladhīna hādū wa-ṣ-ṣābiʾūna wa-n-naṣārā man ʾāmana bi-llāhi wa-l-yawmi l-ʾākhiri wa-ʿamila ṣāliḥan fa-lā khawfun ʿalayhim wa-lā hum yaḥzanūna

TRANSLATION

Indeed the faithful, the Jews, the Sabaeans, and the Christians —those who have faith in Allah and the Last Day and act righteously— they will have no fear, nor will they grieve.

http://al-Qur'an.info/#5:72/1

لَقَد كَفَرَ الَّذينَ قالوا إِنَّ اللَّهَ هُوَ المَسيحُ ابنُ مَريَمَ ۖ وَقالَ المَسيحُ يا بَني إِسرائيلَ اعبُدُوا اللَّهَ رَبّي وَرَبَّكُم ۖ إِنَّهُ مَن يُشرِك بِاللَّهِ فَقَد حَرَّمَ اللَّهُ عَلَيهِ الجَنَّةَ وَمَأواهُ النّارُ ۖ وَما لِلظّالِمينَ مِن أَنصارٍ

TRANSLITERATION

la-qad kafara lladhīna qālū ʾinna llāha huwa l-masīḥu bnu maryama wa-qāla l-masīḥu yā-banī ʾisrāʾīla ʿbudū llāha rabbī wa-rabbakum ʾinnahū man yushrik bi-llāhi fa-qad ḥarrama llāhu ʿalayhi l-jannata wa-maʾwāhu n-nāru wa-mā li-ẓ-ẓālimīna min ʾanṣārin

TRANSLATION

They are certainly faithless who say, ‘Allah is the Messiah, son of Mary.’ But the Messiah had said, ‘O Children of Israel! Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord. Indeed whoever ascribes partners to Allah, Allah shall forbid him paradise, and his refuge shall be the Fire, and the wrongdoers will not have any helpers.’

Those passages are the first ones that came to mind...however, if there are others please post them.

Based on these three passages, would I be correct in inferring that only the Christians that do not believe in the Trinity will be eligible to be judged for entry into Jannah? Such as Mormons, Unitarians, Jehonvah's Witnesses, etc... 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nontrinitarianism#Christian_groups_with_nontrinitarian_positions

However, I have the feeling that she is going to counter my answer with this verse. 

http://al-Qur'an.info/#3:85/1

وَمَن يَبتَغِ غَيرَ الإِسلامِ دينًا فَلَن يُقبَلَ مِنهُ وَهُوَ فِي الآخِرَةِ مِنَ الخاسِرينَ

TRANSLITERATION

wa-man yabtaghi ghayra l-ʾislāmi dīnan fa-lan yuqbala minhu wa-huwa fī l-ʾākhirati mina l-khāsirīna

TRANSLATION

Should anyone follow a religion other than Islam, it shall never be accepted from him, and he will be among the losers in the Hereafter.

I was going to reply in that instance that the term "Islam" is defined as the one who submits to the will of Allah. If one is a pious Non-Trinitarian then is that the same as one who is submitting to the will of Allah, even though they don't pray, fast, perform the Haj, etc...?

Edited by Akbar673

Salam  for more clarification

6 hours ago, aaaz1618 said:

May or may not answer your question directly, worth a watch.

Can non-Muslims enter Heaven according to Islam? - Sayed Mohammed Baqer Al-Qazwini

We know of many people around the world who are not Muslims or Shi`a but are nevertheless individuals of good conduct; for example, non-Muslims are responsible for many inventions. Is it right that they all deserve to be punished in Hell because they are not Muslims?
Concise answer

Those who do not believe in Islam can be classified into two groups:

1. Those who are termed ‘Jahil-e-Muqassir’ (lit. ‘culpable ignorant’). These are non-believers to whom the message of Islam has reached and who have understood its truthfulness. However, they are not prepared to accept the truth due to their obstinacy and stubbornness. This group deserves to be punished in Hell.

2. Those who are termed ‘Jahil-e-Qasir’ (lit. ‘inculpable ignorant’). These are non-believers to whom the message of Islam has not reached, or it has been presented to them in a very incomplete and untruthful manner. Such people will attain salvation if they are truthful to their own religion.

Detailed Answer...

https://www.islamquest.net/en/archive/question/fa283

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

23 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

Will let you know if I get there.

definitely yes

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

10 hours ago, Akbar673 said:

So I was asked a question by a Christian today...she asked me if Islamically Christians can get into Heaven?

Muslims cannot even guarantee their own entry to heaven, much less can they know what will happen to others.

The Qur'an also spurns preempting  divine judgment.

Verse 13:40 tells the Holy Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) to deliver the message but taking account is not his job, rather God's.   

The verse clearly indicates that it is not our job to worry about others, rather about our own selves. 

As Maulana Baqar Qazwini has pointed out, non-Muslims will be judged on whether they have enough information about Islam or not.

But it is more important that we try to improve our own chances of going to heaven. 

Qalb, Taqwa, Din, Ihsan and their effect on one's Soul (Ruh) is really the most decisive factor on the Day of Judgement. Even in the very opening of the Qur'an there is 2:8. The notion of "People of the Book" (Ahl al-Kitab) itself does make it obvious that people from other religions, most closely the other two Abrahamics, have the potentiality of getting to Jannah. But as with 2:8, we have be mindful that it truly does start with the Heart (Qalb) firstly, not one's Ego-self (Nafs), procaiming oneself as a Muslim and all of the formalities of Islam do not guarantee anything in themselves, one cannot fool Allah if they are not genuine and seeking for truth. And we all know the Bismillah, Allah is most Beneficent and most Merciful. We have to be mindful but not fanatical about that. 

5 hours ago, baqar said:

Muslims cannot even guarantee their own entry to heaven, much less can they know what will happen to others.

Verse 13:40 tells the Holy Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) to deliver the message but taking account is not his job, rather God's.   

The verse clearly indicates that it is not our job to worry about others, rather about our own selves. 

As Maulana Baqar Qazwini has pointed out, non-Muslims will be judged on whether they have enough information about Islam or not.

But it is more important that we try to improve our own chances of going to heaven. 

I agree with you on that point.

However, as I stated above this was a question that was asked me by a Christian (her intention was not for the purpose of gaining knowledge about Islam, but for the purpose of fostering more fitna against Muslims). She had the standard Quranic verses handy such as the last one I quoted. 

As such, I asked for further information regarding what is available in the Qur'an.

3 hours ago, HakimPtsid said:

Qalb, Taqwa, Din, Ihsan and their effect on one's Soul (Ruh) is really the most decisive factor on the Day of Judgement. Even in the very opening of the Qur'an there is 2:8. The notion of "People of the Book" (Ahl al-Kitab) itself does make it obvious that people from other religions, most closely the other two Abrahamics, have the potentiality of getting to Jannah. But as with 2:8, we have be mindful that it truly does start with the Heart (Qalb) firstly, not one's Ego-self (Nafs), procaiming oneself as a Muslim and all of the formalities of Islam do not guarantee anything in themselves, one cannot fool Allah if they are not genuine and seeking for truth. And we all know the Bismillah, Allah is most Beneficent and most Merciful. We have to be mindful but not fanatical about that. 

Very true indeed but how would you take into consideration this verse then?...this is the verse which speaks directly about the doctrine of the Trinity.

http://al-Qur'an.info/#5:72/1

لَقَد كَفَرَ الَّذينَ قالوا إِنَّ اللَّهَ هُوَ المَسيحُ ابنُ مَريَمَ ۖ وَقالَ المَسيحُ يا بَني إِسرائيلَ اعبُدُوا اللَّهَ رَبّي وَرَبَّكُم ۖ إِنَّهُ مَن يُشرِك بِاللَّهِ فَقَد حَرَّمَ اللَّهُ عَلَيهِ الجَنَّةَ وَمَأواهُ النّارُ ۖ وَما لِلظّالِمينَ مِن أَنصارٍ

TRANSLITERATION

la-qad kafara lladhīna qālū ʾinna llāha huwa l-masīḥu bnu maryama wa-qāla l-masīḥu yā-banī ʾisrāʾīla ʿbudū llāha rabbī wa-rabbakum ʾinnahū man yushrik bi-llāhi fa-qad ḥarrama llāhu ʿalayhi l-jannata wa-maʾwāhu n-nāru wa-mā li-ẓ-ẓālimīna min ʾanṣārin

TRANSLATION

They are certainly faithless who say, ‘Allah is the Messiah, son of Mary.’ But the Messiah had said, ‘O Children of Israel! Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord. Indeed whoever ascribes partners to Allah, Allah shall forbid him paradise, and his refuge shall be the Fire, and the wrongdoers will not have any helpers.’

Edited by Akbar673

23 hours ago, Akbar673 said:

Based on these three passages, would I be correct in inferring that only the Christians that do not believe in the Trinity will be eligible to be judged for entry into Jannah? Such as Mormons, Unitarians, Jehonvah's Witnesses, etc... 

Lol sooo....if Trinitarian issues are the big thing...supposedly God's going to overlook the Mormon belief that Allah was once a man and that all of them will someday be gods of their own planets? What about the fact that the Jehovah's witnesses ( besides the fact that their very name is a linguistic mash-up mistake that never was really a moniker for God ) think only a pre-set certain number of folks will enter heaven along with quite a few other interesting beliefs. Unitarians generally do not consider themselves Christians. Some don't even believe in a Supreme Being at all, depending on the individual or the individual church. The ones around here are pretty much Nuage Pagans as far as I can tell. Being a " non-Trinitarian" doesn't mean your other doctrines aren't a little squirrelly, from a mainstream  traditional church's point of view.

PS...this doesn't mean these folks won't get into heaven,though. I suspect God judges on things other than doctrinal purity.

Edited by LeftCoastMom

11 hours ago, baqar said:

I agree with you brother, let's worry about ourselves before being concerned of other people's fate.

God keep us steadfast on His path.

Everyday we recite in salat atleast 10 times,

ehidina al siratul mistaqeem.

In this holy month of Ramadhan, we ask Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) to release our necks from the Hellfire.  We cannot guarantee ourselves heaven let alone other people.

Faith is not enough, Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) wants faith and righteous deeds.

:bismillah:

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ وَعَمِلُواْ الصَّالِحَاتِ وَأَخْبَتُواْ إِلَى رَبِّهِمْ أُوْلَـئِكَ أَصْحَابُ الجَنَّةِ هُمْ فِيهَا خَالِدُونَ

11:23 Behold, [only] those who attain to faith and do righteous deeds and humble themselves before their Sustainer - [only] they are destined for paradise, and there shall they abide.
M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

have you heard or seen this book before?
Image result for Roman Catholics and Shi'i Muslims James Bill
Edited by Laayla

Brother Assalam Alikum.

Can you give us a quick background of this Sheikh?

Ram Mohan Roy studied the Vedas and found therein One God. He went on to establish the Brahmo Samaj Movement in Hinduism. The duty of a scholar of the Qur'an is to locate such Truth in the Hindu scriptures and to gently direct the Hindu to the Truth that is already in his scriptures - and is also in the Qur'an. When he does that, it would facilitate eventual Hindu recognition of Truth in the Qur'an and also facilitate the consequent inevitable recognition of Prophet Muhammad as a Prophet of that One True God. If a Hindu, Christian or Jew chooses to recognize Truth in the Qur'an, and to also recognize Prophet Muhammad as a Prophet of the One God, but chooses to remain identified as Hindu, Christian or Jew, and to follow a sacred law other than that revealed to the Prophet, it is Allah Most High Who will judge him - and not those who follow the Prophet. INH