Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Akbar673

Christians getting into Jannah

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, AbdulKarim313_Austin/Nola said:

Alhamdulilah, 

Actually, Muhammad SAW asked for his Ummah that even those who only believed in “there is no God but Allah” shall attain Jannah at some point. They may have to pay a penalty for not accepting Muhammad however but Jannah is still attainable.   

The last man to come out Jahannam will have held on only to there is no God but Allah. These type of believers will not attain the highest parts of Jannah. It will be lower. 

Hm I would like to have the narrations you are talking about if you could. Also what about the trinitarian Christians and non monothéists people? 

20 minutes ago, AbdulKarim313_Austin/Nola said:

The last man to come out Jahannam will have held on only to there is no God but Allah. These type of believers will not attain the highest parts of Jannah. It will be lower

Salam people like as Ibn  Muljam (la) the killer of Imam Ali (عليه السلام) had belive to basic Islamic teachings of Islam as oneness of Allah & believing to prophethood of Prophet Muhammad (pbu) but he & Shimr (la) will never come of Jahanam althought they believed yo these two principles Also Qur'an says just believing is not enough & everyone must prove it .

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

2 hours ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

If they know the Prophet Muhammad (عليه السلام) and his teachings and reject it they are not supposed to go to heaven like Muslims. 

If they reject it, it is like they are rejecting their own scriptures.

Those to whom We have given the Scripture recognize it as they recognize their [own] sons. Those who will lose themselves [in the Hereafter] do not believe. Qur'an 6:20

If you are well versed with Qur'an and study the Bible, you will found so many similarities.

10 minutes ago, Abu Nur said:

If they reject it, it is like they are rejecting their own scriptures.

Those to whom We have given the Scripture recognize it as they recognize their [own] sons. Those who will lose themselves [in the Hereafter] do not believe. Qur'an 6:20

If you are well versed with Qur'an and study the Bible, you will found so many similarities.

So this here why they will not reach Jannah excepted maybe the ignorants among them.

4 minutes ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

So this here why they will not reach Jannah excepted maybe the ignorants among them.

Those who reject Muhammad (saws) while they know he is right but reject him out of arrogance and pride sure will not reach in Jannah. Same happened with particular group of Jews who rejected Jesus (عليه السلام) because of this.

3 minutes ago, Abu Nur said:

Those who reject Muhammad (saws) while they know he is right but reject him out of arrogance and pride sure will not reach in Jannah. Same happened with particular group of Jews who rejected Jesus (عليه السلام) because of this.

You mean those who know he is a true Prophet but refuse to practice Islam ?

:salam:

Seems to me that this thread has a lot of personal opinion, selective quoting of Qur'an verses and some level of Muslim Apologeticsm going on here.

I'm not advocating that non-Muslims won't or shouldn't make it to Heaven. Allah, in his infinite Mercy and Wisdom, is the only who will make that decision. I'm also not advocating that just being Muslim guarantees you entry automatically either. We're all going to be judged accordingly by his divine judgment. I would like to believe that being a Muslim increases your chances based on the precepts of our religion (every religion in the World say that its followers are better off in the afterlife, while other religion's followers aren't, so its not something exclusive to Islam).

However, we can't start picking and choosing which Quranic verses suit our opinion, while ignoring or knowing the ones that go contrary to them. Many people are quoting verses here without knowing of, or mentioning, the complete set of verses which touch upon the topic of the afterlife for people that do not follow Islam (that was my original reason for starting this thread, I already know upon which basis Muslims will be judged, I wanted to know what the basis for Non-Muslims was).

Perhaps we should all set some time aside to first build a list of everywhere in the Qur'an that this topic is brought up? To find out every instance of this topic being discussed in our holiest text. After we have a proper list compiled, we can start researching the tafsir's of Islamic scholars (it is Ramadan after all, what better time to research Quranic data?). Until we take those steps this discussion will only be driven by personal opinions and not grounded in fact.

This is thread is just going back and forth with personal opinions in my opinion at this point. 

Edited by Akbar673

11 minutes ago, Akbar673 said:

Seems to me that this thread has a lot of personal opinion, selective quoting of Qur'an verses and some level of Muslim Apologeticsm going on here.

Salam until time of reappearance of Imam Mahdi (aj) & second coming of Prophet Isa (عليه السلام) “Jesus” all people of book have excusefor not accepting Islam but after that they won’t have any excuse but before that they will judge on their actions not believing to Islam but after reappearance & second coming anybody that refuses Islam deserves Hell .

3 hours ago, AbdulKarim313_Austin/Nola said:

Alhamdulilah, 

Actually, Muhammad SAW asked for his Ummah that even those who only believed in “there is no God but Allah” shall attain Jannah at some point. They may have to pay a penalty for not accepting Muhammad however but Jannah is still attainable.   

The last man to come out Jahannam will have held on only to there is no God but Allah. These type of believers will not attain the highest parts of Jannah. It will be lower. 

Before I begin... I want to make it clear that I know this issue is not black and white, and the general idea is that Allah is most merciful and most just and takes into account OPPORTUNITIES and KNOWLEDGE on the day of judgment.

This is actually an important question that I had... does the Shia Jafari ruling [see islamquest or al-Islam] mean that eventually the inculpable ignorants will go to heaven (suffering in hell), or will it be immediate (no suffering in hell)

You bring up a good point.

If I understand you correctly, you are guessing that non-'Muslims' who do good deeds and have TAWHID belief and are culpable ignorant, will suffer in hell but will eventually make it into heaven... whereas the culpable non-'Muslims' who do SHIRK will suffer permanently in hell? [As a general rule of thumb] ...and of course we need to remember that there are different levels of Tawhid and Shirk.

This seems logical, but I don't know the truthfulness to it.

SHIRK is the only sin that Allah might not forgive you for, despite your sincere repentance.

This creates a new discussion...

Surely some inculpable ignorants will be punished in hell for their SHIRK before reaching heaven? The ruling implies otherwise, and possibly implies that all inculpable ignorants are treated the same, and TAWHID vs SHIRK is not taken into account.

Let me further explain...

As it stands, it makes no sense that [in general] among those who do good deeds, ignorant Sunni Muslims and ignorant People of the Book and ignorant Polytheists/Atheists are all on the same level. 

I though monotheism was part of the fitrah... is it not? The ruling states otherwise. It also doesn't take into account how much they are on the straight path. There is no God but Allah, and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. This belief makes you a Muslim.  Surely that's worth much more reward than an ignorant idol worshiper.

The ruling makes more questions than it answers.

Please help us answer these complicated questions @Ibn al-Hussain

https://www.islamquest.net/en/archive/question/fa283

1 hour ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam until time of reappearance of Imam Mahdi (aj) & second coming of Prophet Isa (عليه السلام) “Jesus” all people of book have excusefor not accepting Islam but after that they won’t have any excuse but before that they will judge on their actions not believing to Islam but after reappearance & second coming anybody that refuses Islam deserves Hell .

Why after the reappearance of the 12th Imam (عليه السلام), and not now? Its not like people don't know what it is anymore. In fact, for better or for worse there aren't many people in the civilized world that don't know what Islam is and who the Prophet Muhammad ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) was at this point. A growing amount of non-Muslims have, at the minimum, at least heard the terms Shi'a and Sunni as well. 10 years ago in the U.S. & most of Europe no one knew what Shi'a or Sunni even meant. 

As such, information about it is available to the majority of the world as to what its beliefs and views are. Qurans are available in almost every bookstore or can be read or bought online. Even those that twist the verses of the Qur'an to suit their own purposes still manage to quote the verses verbatim. 

How can any non-Muslim currently in the world have an excuse for not knowing what Islam and its beliefs are? Whether they accept, or even agree with, Islam is a different story. I don't think the majority of the world can use the excuse of not knowing what Islam is.

4 hours ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

So you are saying that non Muslims could go to heaven even if they don't convert to Islam while knowing some basic teachings of Islam? 

Yes, because mostly they are ignorant about it. 

1 minute ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

My question would be very provocative but what is the interest to be Muslim if according to you even non Muslim could go easily to heaven? 

Easily? That is not an easy thing.