Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Akbar673

Christians getting into Jannah

Rate this topic

31 minutes ago, AbdulKarim313_Austin/Nola said:

In essence there’s only only one religion and that’s the religion of the one true God, the God of Abraham. Abraham never worshipped Jesus as God or the son of God. He worshipped one true God. 

The Incarnation hadn't happened yet, so....

8 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

lol. Don't worry. I don't take it personally that some Muslims think I'm going to hell. Some so-called Christians would like to send me there sooner. 

I’m not saying you will go to Hell. I’m saying according to The Qur'an those who worship other than Allah will not attain Jannah at all. This is what Allah says. 

I don’t know your fate as only God knows wether or not you will choose his religion and accept all of his Prophets and books. But I have given you the message as I’m sure you have received before. To you be your way and I’m goina be on my way. Lol  Hands swiped bout to eat a sandwich lol 

enjoy your night Left Coast Mom, 

1 hour ago, LeftCoastMom said:

^ Actually mine doesn't think folks of other religions are going to hell. One of the reasons I like it. 

I don't see the importance in this, since believing otherwise does not prevent us from peacefully coexisting. Everyone is too busy trying to get themselves into heaven to be actively thinking about where other people will end up.

To each his/her own, but I think this belief is unjust as it makes the truth unattainable. The point of Islam is to seek closeness to Allah by submitting to His commands instead of one's own desires. God made life as a test for us, and we must pursue the truth to pass this test. It would be unjust for someone to have struggled their whole life submitting to Allah and seeking closeness to Him to end up in heaven, while someone else who followed their carnal desires, and rejected their connection to Allah also ends up in heaven... despite not recognizing nor appreciating the one who created and sustained them, nor aiming to find the truth.

Connection with Allah (Muslims, People of the Book, other Monotheists) and No connection with Allah (Atheists, Agnosts, Polytheists, Pagans) are POLAR OPPOSITES. As for the Monotheists, only one of them can be on the straight path.
Maybe I'm wrong, but that's my 2 cents.

Islam is a simple and accessible religion and it is easy to find out its truthfulness by means of the two guiding authorities that have been given to mankind: the ‘outer’ guiding authority, that is, Allah’s Prophets and saints, and the ‘inner’ one, that is, the intellect.

Islam is in complete opposition to the concept of religious pluralism because this concept is based on the principle that different beliefs are equal and that Muslims, Hindus, Christians, Jews etc. all have the same rank and status. According to religious pluralism, no proof exists for the invalidity of any belief because the truth is unattainable and religion is a relative and completely personal affair. Not only are its truths and real substance unattainable and every person takes from it whatever he or she personally understands, but furthermore, there are numerous truths and many correct paths to salvation and deliverance.

Such views are inconsistent with the religion of Islam, which is comprised of a set of fundamental beliefs and practical, legal and ethical laws and principles. Islam does however give concessions to those who are far from its reality.

[Islamquest.net]

Edited by AmirioTheMuzzy

8 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

None of what you wrote applies to my faith. I simply said it doesn't hold that only Catholics get into heaven. 

I went to an all boy catholic high school. Brothers of the sacred Heart. Had monks as teachers. Bible studies every day. 

Edited by AbdulKarim313_Austin/Nola

Nice. I went to the university and obtained an advanced degree. Monks and other grade school educators usually aren't theologians nor church historians nor canon lawyers with Ph.D's in the fields. But some folks in here think they are magically on a par with them due to the fact that they passed 6th grade Sunday School...

5 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

Seems to be the point of Christianity, too. 

Exactly. That's why I understand it when the Qur'an says that the Monotheists who did good deeds are in heaven, provided that they lived prior to receiving the final eternal message of God for all of mankind as recited by Muhammad (2:62). Polytheism is where I get confused...

I think we need @Ibn al-Hussain in here to sort this out for us.

EDIT: too much theoretical discussion... and the only ruling given was brief and doesn't touch all aspects of the deeply complicated and confusing issue of Shirk

Edited by AmirioTheMuzzy

8 minutes ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

Exactly. That's why I understand it when the Qur'an says that the Monotheists who did good deeds are in heaven, provided that they lived prior to receiving the final eternal message of God for all of mankind as recited by Muhammad (2:62). Polytheism is where I get confused...

Sorry....Can't help you too much with polytheists, since, according to me, I'm not one. The folks in this community who would be considered " polytheists"  by a lot of outsiders aren't either, though.

Edited by LeftCoastMom

27 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

Nice. I went to the university and obtained an advanced degree. Monks and other grade school educators usually aren't theologians nor church historians nor canon lawyers with Ph.D's in the fields. But some folks in here think they are magically on a par with them due to the fact that they passed 6th grade Sunday School...

I was telling you that not as a reference of my knowledge about Catholicism, but as my only interaction with Catholics. There goes the bonding moment...:confused: maybe I should make another sandwich. 

24 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

^ I wasn't actually referencing you in my admittedly snide remark.

. Sorry...that was poorly understood on my part.

Have another sandwich. You're probably hungry after today. I'm still recovering from Lent.

Lol,  no problem probably poorly misunderstood on my part. I said to myself while reading “ jeez she’s a sharp one”. Tread lightly lol 

I will mostly likely not eat another sandwich. My stomach actually shrinks during fasting. Just can’t eat as much if I tried. 

I do enjoy lent when it comes around however because it’s the only time food places are seafood heavy. Wendy’s has a tasty fish sandwich they only serve during Lent. 

44 minutes ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

I think we need @Ibn al-Hussain in here to sort this out for us.

EDIT: too much theological discussion... and the only ruling given was brief and doesn't touch all aspects of the deeply complicated and confusing issue of Shirk

Well, discussing the fate of folks of other faiths IS a deeply theological exercise,In my humble opinion. I guess I feel a little entitled to jump in when folks are discussing mine. Lol. Or maybe I'm just getting onery in my old age. I dunno.