Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Akbar673

Christians getting into Jannah

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

Thanks, I have great respect for Imam Ali. He maintained a love for mankind as did Jesus. Unfortunate Shia is such a small portion of Islam. 

Actually, Calgary has a majority Ismaeli population which is very pleasant. Then there's the rest. 

“Abu Huraira reported Allah’s Messenger as saying: Do not greet the Jews and the Christians before they greet you and when you meet any one of them on the roads force him to go to the narrowest part of it.” It's annoying when this philosophy is incorporated into driving habits.

6 minutes ago, Aragaia said:

All of it or part of it?

I try to follow the real part of it and discard the man made part of it. But no one can see the time of Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wassallam). However I believe in the Qur'an and it says everything goes according to Allah's plan. And there are no faults in His plan. Since He gave us hope, there must be the right way somewhere.

This is very much part of it, nobody gets to see the full context of the scriptures. The problem comes when someone assumes a context and teaches it to others. 

We've all been told our scriptures are so deep us normals could never understand it. This opens the door for anyone "authorized" to incorporate their agenda. The agenda of ahadith is anti Christian. A leader who firmly believes in ahadith can never condone a Christian at any level. 
I have a feeling that God preserved His scriptures for all humanity so why would it be too deep for the average person to understand? Why would a loving God send a message that only some can understand? A back up question, why do these "people" who do understand not agree with each other? 

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 5:56 AM, LeftCoastMom said:

Is Catholicism Pagan? Catholic Answers

https://www.catholic.com/tract/is-catholicism-pagan

Hi Leftie:

I have read/researched this article's theme a few times.

"Pagan" here is relative to how you define it and what practices are similar. In the expansion of the Catholic Church, many local customs and a few superstitions were retained by the bishops and missionaries. The last paper on this I read was in Lithuania and how this barely changed in a millennium.

42 minutes ago, Son of Placid said:

Thanks, I have great respect for Imam Ali. He maintained a love for mankind as did Jesus. Unfortunate Shia is such a small portion of Islam.

Just remember that what Imam Ali says and does is the same perfect etiquette of Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم), Allah's final messenger.

10 hours ago, Son of Placid said:

One hadith that sheds positive light on Christians...Can you think of one?

The hadith corpus is a massive spaghetti bowl.

But listen to this.

According to Professor Reynold, 

"Ali was so popular even among non-Muslims that when he died, all the Christians, Jews and Zoroastrians of Kufa, particularly their women and children who were personally looked after by Ali, lamented his death and wept as one does for one’s father.

Mourning was observed even in Jerusalem and the Lord Bishop also could not restrain his tears."

This quote comes from "Ali the Magnificent" by Yusuf Lalljee, published in Bombay, India, in the 1950's or 1960's.

It basically shows how Imam Ali treated the non-Muslims of his day. 

And I am sure that if there was any Internet in his time, he would have forbidden the mud-flinging that is so much a part of our modern culture.

On 6/11/2019 at 3:17 AM, Son of Placid said:

Muhammad didn't say, You be Shia, you be Sunni. 

Yes, he did.

He actually said very clearly that Ali was to succeed him as community leader.

And this he did at the very launch of his mission when Ali was barely in his teens, if that. 

The actual words are "‘Behold my brother, my vizier, my vicegerent, let all listen to his words, and obey him."

Mark those words carefully. 

Apart from declaring Ali his vizier and vicegerent, he demanded that the young Ali should be obeyed.  

How much clearer can one be?

Not much.

This account is NOT disputed by Muslims of any denomination..

In other words, he told Muslims to be Shias.

(The word Shia just means a votary).

Sunnis have never denied those words.

But when the Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) died, everything was forgotten, until Ali was clearly sidelined.

And those responsible for sidelining Ali later came to  be known as Sunnis.  

On 6/11/2019 at 10:30 PM, baqar said:

Yes, he did.

He actually said very clearly that Ali was to succeed him as community leader.

And this he did at the very launch of his mission when Ali was barely in his teens, if that. 

The actual words are "‘Behold my brother, my vizier, my vicegerent, let all listen to his words, and obey him."

Mark those words carefully. 

Apart from declaring Ali his vizier and vicegerent, he demanded that the young Ali should be obeyed.  

How much clearer can one be?

Not much.

This account is NOT disputed by Muslims of any denomination..

In other words, he told Muslims to be Shias.

(The word Shia just means a votary).

Sunnis have never denied those words.

But when the Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) died, everything was forgotten, until Ali was clearly sidelined.

And those responsible for sidelining Ali later came to  be known as Sunnis.  

I know Imam Ali was named, and in turn Muslims were told to be Shia, but Muhammad didn't tell anyone to be Sunni. 

What would Muhammad think of Sunni?

3 hours ago, Son of Placid said:

I know Imam Ali was named, and in turn Muslims were told to be Shia, but Muhammad didn't tell anyone to be Sunni. 

What would Muhammad think of Sunni?

I replaced the terms "Shi'a" and "Sunni" in your post and replaced them with the bold terms below. When I reworded your post, it made things a lot more clear to me as to the nature of your question. Apologies for altering your post, but this is how I worded it in my head.

3 hours ago, Son of Placid said:

I know Imam Ali(عليه السلام) was named, and in turn Muslims were told to follow Imam Ali(عليه السلام) after the Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم))dies, but the Prophet Muhammad((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) didn't tell Muslims to not follow Imam Ali (عليه السلام). 

What would the Prophet Muhammad((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) think of those Muslims that do not follow Imam Ali(عليه السلام) after the death of the Prophet Muhammad ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) despite him telling them to?

As you can see...when I replaced the terms "Shi'a" and "Sunni"...it made your question a bit self-answering for me.

Your thoughts?

In answer to your re-worded question, I think the answer would be that he would consider them as those that did not listen to what he told them to do.

Edited by Akbar673
formatting cleanup

On June 10, 2019 at 11:13 AM, hasanhh said:

Hi Leftie:

I have read/researched this article's theme a few times.

"Pagan" here is relative to how you define it and what practices are similar. In the expansion of the Catholic Church, many local customs and a few superstitions were retained by the bishops and missionaries. The last paper on this I read was in Lithuania and how this barely changed in a millennium.

I think we're discussing two different things here: retention of some cultural customs vs. the development of basic theology.

It's  pretty common for an introduced religion to pick up some prior customs. According to my SIL, Islam does, too, in different ways in different areas. I don't think most Christians even remember the origins of Christmas trees or Easter Eggs and it doesn't interfere with their faith.