In the Name of God بسم الله

Our duty to Sunni family members

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

What is our duties as Shia Muslims to our Sunni relatives?

Will we be held accountable for not informing or showing them the right way?

Must we educate them on how correctly to perform wudu and salah?

If we accept they are still Muslim as Sunnis, can they still enter Jannah on their current beliefs?

• Advanced Member

Salam you must stay in touch with them & be kinder than before but you don't have duty to correct them ,only if they asked you answer them & keep their respect until didn't insult to Shia Islam principles .

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

• Advanced Member

Most of us are in the circumstances where we ought to live, act, and behave like our Prophet (sawaw) in his first 40 years in the city of Mecca. In these first 40 years, nobody knew if he was a Prophet, but his actions, conduct, mannerism, language, temperament, dealings, display of care, and involvement in genuine public service, all invited the people to be like him. 

That’s why they started calling him Sadiq and Ameen, where most people of honest hearts already started imitating him in those silent years. 

The next 13 years of the Prophet in Mecca, that is after the declaration of Islam, are also interesting and imitable for us, when people get to know we are Muslims or Shias, where we are minority, and face the opposition or outright hatred of some. 

• Advanced Member

I personally believe that Sunni are Muslims. No one in this world knows who will enter Heaven except Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) 

Btw, how come Sunnis are not Muslim if they worship the same Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) as us, they have the same qubla, same Hajj, same Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) and same Qur'an? 

I really respect the open minded Sunnis, I ofc hate Anti-Shia. 

I have a lot of Sunni relatives, we never hated each other. Instead, we respect and love each other. I have a really bad cousin who is Shia. He is a oppressor and extremely close minded a**hole.

• Advanced Member

Alhamdulilah, 

Only Allah knows who His believers are, and its not up to anyone to judge but Allah!  His excellency, the exalted, Lord and creator of the Of all worlds and the Tremendous Throne. 

Treat every one fairly and be just and fight those disbelievers who fight you until they stop but do not transgress as Allah does not like those Who transgress. It’s just that simple really.