Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
IbnAhmed56

On the fence about Shia view of Islam

Rate this topic

Assalam alaikum. Im looking to become a Shia after a lot of debating and thinking, Ive come to the conclusion that the best path to me to follow is the path of Qur'an and Ahlul Bayt as is mentioned in both Sunni and Shia hadith. Only thing is, whats holding me back is my lack of knowledge so to speak. From my understanding, everything we do from salah to wudhu is different. On top of that, I come from a very salafi indoctrinated ethnicty and I know that backlash and ostracism are only to be expected. I havent officialy accepted the Shia view of Islam yet but at the same time I don’t really consider myself from ahlu sunnah anymore. to be honest im in denial but I think sooner or later ill consider myself a shiatu Ali (عليه السلام) any thoughts on why I should become a full fledge Shia or why I shouldnt turn my back on ahlu sunnah?

Guest YaHaidar

A proof among many is 42:23 the love there includes affection and so neither kinship or closeness can be it because those are not real entities but abstract relationships between entities.

And so Qurba definitely means near kin the questions arise what if is our near kin. 25:57 destroys all doubts and shows it is a path to God.So many more proofs as well.

42:23 clearly then about Ahlul Bayt.

2 hours ago, IbnAhmed56 said:

why I should become a full fledge Shia or why I shouldnt turn my back on ahlu sunnah?

It has been mentioned in the Prophet's sake that when Saad bin Ma'azz died , Prophet went into the grave and said constantly: "give stone, give mud" until the seams filled the clay and The grave was paved. It would seem that the Prophet made the grave so good that the companions were amazed at why they were all solid in making a grave! So the Prophet said:

إنّی لَأعلم أنّه سیبلی و یصلُ إلیه البَلی و لکنّ الله یحبُّ عبداً إذا عَملَ عملاً أحکمَه

I know that he will soon be worn and kink; but God loves a servant who does it right because he does something.

Prophet Muhammad (pbu)

نّ الله تعالی یحبّ مِن العاملِ إذا عَمِلَ أن یحسِن

Allah loves that any worker who works works good

إذا صلّیتَ فأحسِن رُکوعَک و سُجودَک و إذا صُمتَ فتَوقَّ کلَّ ما فیه فسادُ صَومِک

Imam Sadiq (as):beneficence, this is , when you pray, do your bowing and prostration in best way, and whenever you fast, take away from everything that your  is destroying your fasting.

https://hawzah.net/fa/Magazine/View/3881/5524/52708/خوب-کار-کردن-و-کار-خوب-کردن(بحثی-درباره-ضرورت-کمال-گرایی)

Why is Shia the best religion?

Question
Why is Shia the best religion? I am a follower of the Shia religion but I do not know what the superiority of Shia religion over Wahabism is. I am afraid lest we should be part of the 72 misguided Muslim sects. How can I be sure about it?
Concise answer

The superiority of the Shia religion is because of its being the "true" religion and there is only one true religion in all times and ages. As for other religions, they are either invalid and baseless or defunct and abrogated. Today, the true and righteous religion is the religion of Islam which manifests itself in Shi'ism. Indeed, it is only the teachings of the Shia religion that can depict the pure Muhammadan Islam.

Historical evidences and religious texts confirm the point that we mentioned, and Wahabism lacks this feature.

Detailed Answer

https://www.islamquest.net/en/archive/question/fa2163

why I shouldnt turn my back on ahlu sunnah?

we know all sects of Islam as Muslims like a sphere that some of them are close to center of it that is Qur'an & Ahalulbayt (عليه السلام)  & the rest are around it that some sects are closer & some of them are farther but all are Muslims 

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

On top of that, I come from a very salafi indoctrinated ethnicty and I know that backlash and ostracism are only to be expected. 

Apologies if I'm being presumptuous  here, but if by that you saying you are Somali, I know for a fact that others like you do exist, including one I know irl.

I havent officialy accepted the Shia view of Islam yet but at the same time I don’t really consider myself from ahlu sunnah anymore. to be honest im in denial but I think sooner or later ill consider myself a shiatu Ali (عليه السلام) any thoughts on why I should become a full fledge Shia or why I shouldnt turn my back on ahlu sunnah?

I've been there and know experienced these internal conflicts. I know it sounds cliche, but really, follow your heart.

Baaically it got to a point where I felt by continuing to follow the Sunni narrative and practise - I felt deep down that I was lying to myself. No covering it up or ignoring worked. It's not a nice feeling knowing you are lying to yourself, you just know.

Gradually I found myself moving closer without realising and have no regrets.

I think the fact you no longer identify as Sunni but a Shiat Ali is telling, you are there in your heart, the rest of you needs to catch up, insha'Allah.

One day, when you feel ready, take the plunge and visit your nearest Shia mosque or centre if you have not already, you will see nothing but genuine love for the Rasool (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) and his family (عليه السلام), you can also ask away with any questions you feel are holding you back.

Sometimes I still visit my old Sunni mosque, it does not quite feel the same and I realise how "muted" it is in comparison, no salawats. 

You only realise these things looking back having experienced being with those who love ahlulbait (عليه السلام)

Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) knows best

Edited by Propaganda_of_the_Deed

57 minutes ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

Apologies if I'm being presumptuous  here, but if by that you saying you are Somali, I know for a fact that others like you do exist, including one I know irl.

I've been there and know experienced these internal conflicts. I know it sounds cliche, but really, follow your heart.

Baaically it got to a point where I felt by continuing to follow the Sunni narrative and practise - I felt deep down that I was lying to myself. No covering it up or ignoring worked. It's not a nice feeling knowing you are lying to yourself, you just know.

Gradually I found myself moving closer without realising and have no regrets.

I think the fact you no longer identify as Sunni but a Shiat Ali is telling, you are there in your heart, the rest of you needs to catch up, insha'Allah.

One day, when you feel ready, take the plunge and visit your nearest Shia mosque or centre if you have not already, you will see nothing but genuine love for the Rasool (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) and his family (عليه السلام), you can also ask away with any questions you feel are holding you back.

Sometimes I still visit my old Sunni mosque, it does not quite feel the same and I realise how "muted" it is in comparison, no salawats. 

You only realise these things looking back having experienced being with those who love ahlulbait (عليه السلام)

Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) knows best

Woow. Your very observant mashAllah. It makes me a bit sad to see that you knew my ethnicity just from the fact that I mentioned its very salafi and me being Shia would equal automtic ostracism. And youre right, it does feel like your almost lying to yourself. I like what you had to say, please message me if you don’t mind. Id love to have some more insight from a former Sunni. 

1 hour ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

It has been mentioned in the Prophet's sake that when Saad bin Ma'azz died , Prophet went into the grave and said constantly: "give stone, give mud" until the seams filled the clay and The grave was paved. It would seem that the Prophet made the grave so good that the companions were amazed at why they were all solid in making a grave! So the Prophet said:

إنّی لَأعلم أنّه سیبلی و یصلُ إلیه البَلی و لکنّ الله یحبُّ عبداً إذا عَملَ عملاً أحکمَه

I know that he will soon be worn and kink; but God loves a servant who does it right because he does something.

Prophet Muhammad (pbu)

نّ الله تعالی یحبّ مِن العاملِ إذا عَمِلَ أن یحسِن

Allah loves that any worker who works works good

إذا صلّیتَ فأحسِن رُکوعَک و سُجودَک و إذا صُمتَ فتَوقَّ کلَّ ما فیه فسادُ صَومِک

Imam Sadiq (as):beneficence, this is , when you pray, do your bowing and prostration in best way, and whenever you fast, take away from everything that your  is destroying your fasting.

https://hawzah.net/fa/Magazine/View/3881/5524/52708/خوب-کار-کردن-و-کار-خوب-کردن(بحثی-درباره-ضرورت-کمال-گرایی)

Why is Shia the best religion?

Question
Why is Shia the best religion? I am a follower of the Shia religion but I do not know what the superiority of Shia religion over Wahabism is. I am afraid lest we should be part of the 72 misguided Muslim sects. How can I be sure about it?
Concise answer

The superiority of the Shia religion is because of its being the "true" religion and there is only one true religion in all times and ages. As for other religions, they are either invalid and baseless or defunct and abrogated. Today, the true and righteous religion is the religion of Islam which manifests itself in Shi'ism. Indeed, it is only the teachings of the Shia religion that can depict the pure Muhammadan Islam.

Historical evidences and religious texts confirm the point that we mentioned, and Wahabism lacks this feature.

Detailed Answer

https://www.islamquest.net/en/archive/question/fa2163

why I shouldnt turn my back on ahlu sunnah?

we know all sects of Islam as Muslims like a sphere that some of them are close to center of it that is Qur'an & Ahalulbayt (عليه السلام)  & the rest are around it that some sects are closer & some of them are farther but all are Muslims 

The point you made that there are sects that are farther away from Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) was a very good one. Part of why I even give Shia Islam a second look is after id see multiple narrations of the Prophet sawa talking about following his Qur'an and Ahlul Bayt not Qur'an and sunnah. I might just still be in my denial stage

Guest Monotheist
9 hours ago, IbnAhmed56 said:

Assalam alaikum. Im looking to become a Shia after a lot of debating and thinking, Ive come to the conclusion that the best path to me to follow is the path of Qur'an and Ahlul Bayt as is mentioned in both Sunni and Shia hadith. Only thing is, whats holding me back is my lack of knowledge so to speak. From my understanding, everything we do from salah to wudhu is different. On top of that, I come from a very salafi indoctrinated ethnicty and I know that backlash and ostracism are only to be expected. I havent officialy accepted the Shia view of Islam yet but at the same time I don’t really consider myself from ahlu sunnah anymore. to be honest im in denial but I think sooner or later ill consider myself a shiatu Ali (عليه السلام) any thoughts on why I should become a full fledge Shia or why I shouldnt turn my back on ahlu sunnah?

You aren't turning your back on ahlus-sunnah, for holding on to the two weighty things and following them as commanded by the Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) is to follow the real party of the Sunnah, and to be with the people of the Sunnah.

5 hours ago, IbnAhmed56 said:

Woow. Your very observant mashAllah. It makes me a bit sad to see that you knew my ethnicity just from the fact that I mentioned its very salafi and me being Shia would equal automtic ostracism. 

You wont be the first, nor last

Its not up to us to be or not to be a "Shia" according to a hadith. You should pray for more and more guidance. Perhaps then think of the success or failure in the hereafter and if there exists a better deen on the face of the planet which can help. That is what this is all about after all.

Irish Muslim convert: Qur'an has logical answers to fundamental questions

May 20, 2019 - 7:03 PM News Code : 942917 Source : IQNALink: 
Irish Muslim convert: Quran has logical answers to fundamental questions

A Muslim convert from Ireland said he has found logical answers to life’s fundamental questions in the Holy Qur'an. 

Speaking Saturday night at a program at the Rahyaftegan (those who found the right path) Section of the 27th Tehran International Qur'an Exhibition, Ahmad Jones said the Qur'an tells one what the purpose of life is, what humans’ responsibilities are and how social relations should be like. 

As for his familiarity with Islam, Ahmed said he first learned about the religion in a trip to Tunisia at the age of 10. 

His visit coincided with the holy month of Ramadan and the spirituality of the month and people’s compassion and kindness touched him at the time, he said. 

Years later, making friends with an Iraqi classmate encouraged him to learn more about Islam and ultimately become a Muslim. 

http://en.abna24.com/news//irish-Muslim-convert-Qur'an-has-logical-answers-to-fundamental-questions_942917.html

https://rahyafteha.ir/en/

http://www.shiafrica.com/news/en

Edited by Ashvazdanghe