Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
AmirioTheMuzzy

Reddit Question from an ex-Muslim

Rate this topic

Look, I answered it by myself this time.

...and I'm proud of myself :pushup::yahoo:

Please Note: I have 3 seperate answers to him in the Reddit comments (not on this thread).

...And yes, this is the same guy...

...Now, I will stop wasting my time with this stuff. Insha'Allah.

Though, I may be lying to myself :liar:

Allahu A'lam

Edited by AmirioTheMuzzy

21 minutes ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

what is your name in this forum ?

u/AmirioTheMuzzy

Let me know how I did...

I doubt the guy will accept my advice though...

Edited by AmirioTheMuzzy

32 minutes ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

u/AmirioTheMuzzy

Let me know how I did...

I doubt the guy will accept my advice though...

I must admit that on this topic (sexual relations with children) I am not at all an expert or someone very comfortable with. So I prefer let more knowledgeable brothers answer this. 

Edited by Mohammadi_follower

4 minutes ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

I must admit that on this topic (sexual relations with children) I am not at all and expert or someone very comfortable with.

Yeah, I would hope so :hahaha:

Sorry, I just had to...

1 hour ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

I must admit that on this topic (sexual relations with children) I am not at all an expert or someone very comfortable with. So I prefer let more knowledgeable brothers answer this. 

1 hour ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

Yeah, I would hope so :hahaha:

Sorry, I just had to...

Salam It’s product of mistranslation with biased mindset the exact rulling considers them as couples that are mahram like father & daughter to each other but father & daughter can’t have sexual relationship & it’s haram in Shia Islam but when a person marries to a girl in her childhood technically they are husband & wife & can have all husband-wife relationship but they can’t have sexual intercourse anyway Iranian law considers minimum age for marriage for men 15 & for women as 13 years old that based on Islam they are mature enough for marriage but for regions & tribes that marry under these ages specially for women it stops sexual relationships before becoming mature for  women.

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

4 hours ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

Look, I answered it by myself this time.

...and I'm proud of myself :pushup::yahoo:

Please Note: I have 3 seperate answers to him in the Reddit comments (not on this thread).

...And yes, this is the same guy...

...Now, I will stop wasting my time with this stuff. Insha'Allah.

Though, I may be lying to myself :liar:

Allahu A'lam

Yeah that reddit guy is a textbook troll :hahaha:

23 hours ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

I have difficulties to understand why you pass so much time with this kind of forum full of stupidities for after putting them on Shiachat. Looks like you are very confused about your beliefs. 

This is completely offtopic but I'm amazed by the variety of reactions to this post lol.

As for the OP topic, I find it a bit controversial to criticize mutah in the basis that it is something low compared to traditional permanent marriages but support western morality, which contemplates sexual freedom. Stopped reading after that.

14 minutes ago, Bakir said:

This is completely offtopic but I'm amazed by the variety of reactions to this post lol.

As for the OP topic, I find it a bit controversial to criticize mutah in the basis that it is something low compared to traditional permanent marriages but support western morality, which contemplates sexual freedom. Stopped reading after that.

yes me also I was surprised to see so many different reactions ah ah.

On 5/18/2019 at 10:03 PM, Mohammadi_follower said:

I have difficulties to understand why you pass so much time with this kind of forum full of stupidities for after putting them on Shiachat. Looks like you are very confused about your beliefs. 

I believe this is the first time I've seen all the reactions on a post/reply...

:clap:

3 hours ago, shadow_of_light said:

There is much evidence that Aisha was not 9 when she got married. 

Out of interest, do we know from sources Shi'a or otherwise, whether anybody after the Prophet, peace and blessings upon him and his family, married anyone of a similar age? As in people around his lifetime or slightly after, who took his marriage as an accepted practice? If not, and the only people we find were hundreds of years after, then maybe that says something. 

1 hour ago, aaaz1618 said:

Out of interest, do we know from sources Shi'a or otherwise, whether anybody after the Prophet, peace and blessings upon him and his family, married anyone of a similar age? As in people around his lifetime or slightly after, who took his marriage as an accepted practice? If not, and the only people we find were hundreds of years after, then maybe that says something. 

...For starters, Shia's don't have an established age for Aisha, because we don't accept the same narrations and narrators as the Sunnis, who find her age of marriage to be 6 y/o and consummation at 9 y/o.

Further, the Qur'an and Sunnah tells us to marry based on what is culturally/socially acceptable... taking into account your time and place... and we must be both physically mature and mentally mature.

Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم), despite being slandered throughout his life, was never accused of pedophilia until recent history (19/20th century).... A'udhu billah.

We also know that the age of puberty and marriage has varied throughout time and place and is dependent on many factors, including genetics, nutritional state, and social circumstances.

Here's a cool Sunni infographic I found on this:

https://yaqeeninstitute.org/nuriddeen-knight/was-the-age-of-Aisha-ra-always-problematic/#.XOLoeFNMGdM

Edited by AmirioTheMuzzy

In-depth Sunni analysis:

https://yaqeeninstitute.org/asadullah/understanding-aishas-age-an-interdisciplinary-approach/

Shia Jafari Islamic Pulse:

Note the common (layman) Shia explanation for her possibly being 17 at marriage and 19 at consummation... which in all honestly makes more sense than the couple of hadith that Sunnis base this off of.

That being said, we should still defend Sunnis, because they're definitely correct about this being a non-issue, and there is also always the possiblity that in, let's say 200 years, (if Imam al-Mahdi (aj) has not returned... Insha'Allah he returns sooner) 19 years old may be considered a child :ko:

Islamophobes and imbeciles alike are absolutely TRAPPED in presentism and are RELENTLESS with it, and are never willing to compromise on this when proven wrong by Muslims. 

EDIT 2: I remember a Reddit thread regarding Khabib Nurmagomedov (Muslim UFC fighter) was filled with insults towards the Holy Prophet, due to his marriage with Aisha. I responded to over twenty people, back and forth, giving them these explanations, but they were totally relentless with their presentism. 12-14 they could accept but NOT 6-9 as this according to these Islam-haters it has "never been acceptable"... Which is quite funny knowing how historically Sunnis LOVED Aisha's "mother of the believers - according to Sunnis" young marriage to Rasulullah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم).

EDIT 1: I found an article on al-Islam (Jafari Shia)

https://www.al-Islam.org/articles/how-old-was-ayshah-when-married-Prophet-Muhammad-Muhammad-husayn-al-qazwini

Edited by AmirioTheMuzzy