Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Isaam

“Seeking Allah Finding Jesus” Video

Rate this topic

Interesting that he talks about Muhammad(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) in detail but fails to mention that he is(was) an Ahmadi..so what about Mirza Ghulam Ahmad? Their last Prophet? 

14 minutes ago, starlight said:

Interesting that he talks about Muhammad(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) in detail but fails to mention that he is(was) an Ahmadi..so what about Mirza Ghulam Ahmad? Their last Prophet? 

True, he also has a whole series and a bunch of other videos but I don't have the time to watch it.

Don’t bother with those people, they were almost always Ahmadis, Sufis or cultural Muslims. It was also exposed few times that the alleged “Christian converts from Islam” were in fact Middle Eastern Christians from birth. Not a sane Muslim who knows Islamic theology well will ever become a Christian for a simple reason, do you really believe that Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ) had a son whom He sent to Earth, but at the same time He was the son Himself... and besides, knowing that Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ) created everything, why would He make Himself to die on a cross for our sins? It all doesn’t make any sense.

Edited by OrthodoxTruth

1 hour ago, OrthodoxTruth said:

It all doesn’t make any sense.

Saul: Right, so there we go- Jesus died for our sins, the end.

Mattityahu: Jesus is the Lord made flesh right?

Saul: Yeah, yeah, keep up with the parchment paper.

Mattityahu: So God died for our sins, I get it now.

Saul: Huh!? No, not God, Jesus. Ugh....

Mattityahu: We'll have to bring him back to life now, we're being commissioned for this you know Saul. The deadline is tomorrow. Stop mucking up, my mate Septimus had to pull a lot of a favours to get us this papyrus!

Saul: Alright smart Alexander. After how many days and nights do they check the tomb?

Mattityahu: Oh, maybe three, we don't want to make it too obvious that we're covering errors up.

Saul: I mean... We're still, like, 200 pages short. Shall I just put some of those letters I wrote and talk about thosd crazy dreams I had with the table and the harlots in?

Mattityahu: Yeah, sounds good.

40 minutes ago, Qa'im said:

The root of this issue (in my experience) is that the Ahmadis preach a milquetoast cookie-cutter Islam. The motto is "Love for all, hatred for none" - which if you think deeply enough about, is entirely meaningless, because love (wala') for anything would denote dissociation (bara') of its opposite. It's a slogan that is sweet to the ears, but it has no reality in anyone's life, let alone in the Qur'an. For Ahmadis, the Prophet Muhammad (s) was a pacifist; a Mahatma Ghandi figure, which is easily challenged the moment you open a book of history or hadith (or even parts of the Qur'an). So as soon as an Ahmadi investigates his religion, or comes in contact with missionaries, he has a crisis of faith, because Islam is not what he was taught.

The same thing is happening in Christianity. Peace and love and now add tolerance. In other words, shut up and live in harmony with the new evil. Paul taught spiritual warfare and now we're seeing what happens when it's exchanged for tolerance. At this point in time Christians can actually be charged for voicing a Christian opinion...in Canada. It doesn't go well with soccer players in Australia either. 

A very wise man, Iranian-Canadian I only knew as Pappa Kass, a Chaplin at a rescue mission actually, used to say; "Bring the man to God and let him decide how to worship." That was a challenge because the mission was interdenominational, but every worker was from a different (only true) denomination. Two men arguing religious dogma can quickly send a new believer back to where he came from. To Pappa Kass this was a sin larger than any religion could justify. 

Salams

I like Zondervan's textbooks, if you want to learn Biblical Greek, Biblical Hebrew, Biblical Aramaic, Syriac, or read a good introduction to Ugaritic (as far as I've seen with the few and far between textbooks on Ugaritic they produced the only truly introductory textbook that'll give you a good foundation going forward), they have good books for that. They should probably just stick to that, theologically they're a whole lot less interesting. It shouldn't mean a crisis of faith for you if an Ahmadi apostatizes, as Br. @Qa'im said above, the same should be said for a Shia or Sunni. Don't take it with a self congratulatory attitude either though, as if he never truly believed. He might very well have believed despite his crisis in faith, there might have been issue in his belief, yes, fundamentally even resulting in apostasy winning out, but his faith or lack thereof shouldn't be the basis for your own.

wassalam

Guest Items
1 minute ago, Ibn Al-Ja'abi said:

Salams

I like Zondervan's textbooks, if you want to learn Biblical Greek, Biblical Hebrew, Biblical Aramaic, Syriac, or read a good introduction to Ugaritic (as far as I've seen with the few and far between textbooks on Ugaritic they produced the only truly introductory textbook that'll give you a good foundation going forward), they have good books for that. They should probably just stick to that, theologically they're a whole lot less interesting. It shouldn't mean a crisis of faith for you if an Ahmadi apostatizes, as Br. @Qa'im said above, the same should be said for a Shia or Sunni. Don't take it with a self congratulatory attitude either though, as if he never truly believed. He might very well have believed despite his crisis in faith, there might have been issue in his belief, yes, fundamentally even resulting in apostasy winning out, but his faith or lack thereof shouldn't be the basis for your own.

wassalam

Well said. I'd like to ask you perhaps going on a caveat as to whether outwardly sincere and intelligent scholars/shuyukh of the Sunni world, such as Hamzah Yusuf, or others, should equally not make us question whether the truth is clear or our own faith, and why someone who may be intelligent and outwardly sincere - and maybe inwardly too - wouldn't seem to accept it, while we have. 

4 hours ago, notme said:

hardly anybody converts to Islam as a result of meeting Muslims. 

I think that is simply untrue. Majority of reverts in the West are so because they met Muslims, worked or studied with them, fell in love with one and so on. In fact very few people come to Islam based solely on some sort of rigorous study of Islamic books. 

1 hour ago, Guest Items said:

I'd like to ask you perhaps going on a caveat as to whether outwardly sincere and intelligent scholars/shuyukh of the Sunni world, such as Hamzah Yusuf,

Your opinion on Hamza Yusuf is just that, there are Sunnis calling him a “deviant Sufi”, a “charlatan” etc. 

1 hour ago, Guest Items said:

or others, should equally not make us question whether the truth is clear or our own faith, and why someone who may be intelligent and outwardly sincere - and maybe inwardly too - wouldn't seem to accept it, while we have. 

Well yeah, the truth is one and that is “Shia” Islam. You couldn’t be on both sides at Jamal, Siffin, Karbala, Sunni Umayyad sieges of Mecca in 683 and 692 etc., could you? 

14 minutes ago, OrthodoxTruth said:

I think that is simply untrue. Majority of reverts in the West are so because they met Muslims, worked or studied with them, fell in love with one and so on. In fact very few people come to Islam based solely on some sort of rigorous study of Islamic books. 

Ok. 

In my experience, people convert to Islam in spite of the Muslims, after learning about Islam through books or videos.

I recognize that my experience may be anomalous. 

Just now, notme said:

Ok. 

In my experience, people convert to Islam in spite of the Muslims, after learning about Islam through books or videos.

I recognize that my experience may be anomalous. 

I understand that your experience may be different to mine’s. All the Sunni reverts I knew of in the West, converted because of what I mentioned, not because of them reading books and vigorously studying Islamic theology. On the other hand, some Shia reverts became such because of what you experienced, while others what I mentioned. A lot of Western women revert because they marry a Muslim man, it is a common thing as well. 

Guest szs
55 minutes ago, aaaz1618 said:

I knew Muslims as a Catholic and was friends with them, they said I'd be a good Muslim. The oddest thing was my atheist work colleague thought I was Muslim because of my dietary restrictions, I was quite perplexed by that but it's ironic that not long after I converted.

I didn't convert because of people though, I converted for theological and spiritual reasons. I read the Qur'an while sitting in the university library and it made sense to me, not long after I made my decision.

Ma'Sha'Allah it seems like you were blessed in your search for your spiritual needs .

1 hour ago, aaaz1618 said:

I knew Muslims as a Catholic and was friends with them, they said I'd be a good Muslim. The oddest thing was my atheist work colleague thought I was Muslim because of my dietary restrictions, I was quite perplexed by that but it's ironic that not long after I converted.

I didn't convert because of people though, I converted for theological and spiritual reasons. I read the Qur'an while sitting in the university library and it made sense to me, not long after I made my decision.

Yeah that’s your case, people have different reasons for converting though. Some sought knowledge, others some physical gain.