Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

:salam:

I have always been confused about what is a hadith qudsi.

It is a word spoken directly from Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) to Prophet Muhammad (sawas) ?

If so, what makes it different from Musa (عليه السلام) who was talken to directly, as per his title Kalimullah ?

Why are they not counted as Quranic verses and what makes them different ?

Is it that the Hadith Qudsi are expressed in the Prophet's words, peace be upon him and his family, while the Qur'an is the Word expressed by Allah?

Here's a question, do Shi'a scholars narrate the same 40 hadiths as Sunni scholars, or are there different ones? A lot of them say 'on the authority of Abu Hurrairah' who seems to have authority over everything in certain books!

Edited by aaaz1618

On 5/17/2019 at 7:55 AM, realizm said:

I have always been confused about what is a hadith qudsi.

It is a word spoken directly from Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) to Prophet Muhammad (sawas) ?

If so, what makes it different from Musa (عليه السلام) who was talken to directly, as per his title Kalimullah ?

Why are they not counted as Quranic verses and what makes them different ?

Hadith e Qudsi is the word of Allah but what should be in Qur'an and what shouldn't be there: this decision is to be made by Allah Almighty.

Its just like if Namaz was important, why didn't Allah mention 2 rakats of fajar in Qur'an?

We are commanded to Obey Allah, Messenger (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) and ulil amr (عليه السلام)

8 hours ago, realizm said:

Why no one ever replies to my threads ? :dry:

It's a snowball effect, once one person takes the plunge and comments it snowballs from there. You watch, by this evening it'll be packed with comments.

2 minutes ago, aaaz1618 said:

Here's a question, do Shi'a scholars narrate the same 40 hadiths as Sunni scholars, or are there different ones? 

Hadith (whether Hadith e Qudsi or not) is transmitted has hadith not quranic verse. And on hadith, we have different sources and Sunnis have different. So some of their Hadiths might be authentic and some falsely attributed or fabricated.

Example:

Amali Sheikh Sadooq Majlis 39 and on its end, sheikh sadooq narrates hadith e qudsi which isnt found in Sunni books(else they could have died with heart attack).

6 minutes ago, Syed Ali Mehdi Shah Naqvi said:

Hadith (whether Hadith e Qudsi or not) is transmitted has hadith not quranic verse. And on hadith, we have different sources and Sunnis have different. So some of their Hadiths might be authentic and some falsely attributed or fabricated.

Example:

Amali Sheikh Sadooq Majlis 39 and on its end, sheikh sadooq narrates hadith e qudsi which isnt found in Sunni books(else they could have died with heart attack).

Is there somewhere I can read these narrations?

Thanks for your replies and bumping my topic.

What got me wondering is why sometimes Prophet (sawas) would announce those words from Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) as verses from the Qur'an

and sometimes not.

May it be that when angel Jibreil (عليه السلام) was present then that would be an ayat of Qur'an, while ahadith qudsi would be spoken directly ?

1 hour ago, realizm said:

What got me wondering is why sometimes Prophet (sawas) would announce those words from Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) as verses from the Qur'an

and sometimes not.

May it be that when angel Jibreil (عليه السلام) was present then that would be an ayat of Qur'an, while ahadith qudsi would be spoken directly ?

Yes, revelation came from Gabriel, peace be upon him, and the Hadith Qudsi were directly from Allah.

1 hour ago, realizm said:

and sometimes not.

Not sure. And comming of Angel Jibreal was just a formality. In above Hadiths qudsi if you look at its sanad:

Its like:

Musa bin jafar (عليه السلام) from his father jaffar bin Muhammad (عليه السلام) from his father Muhammad bin Ali (عليه السلام) from his father Ali bin Hussein (عليه السلام) from his father Hussein bin Ali (عليه السلام) from his father Ali bin Abi Talib (عليه السلام) from Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) from jibreal from mikeal from israfeal from Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى):

Therefore Rasool (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) reported from Jibreal then he must have told him:

Plus this is just a formality. In case of Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) & Imams.