Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Propaganda_of_the_Deed

[Video]Taraweeh: Evil Bid'ah or Prophetic Sunnah?

Rate this topic

So do anyone knows why Imam Ali did not stop taraweeh when he became the 4th caliph?

Guest Items

In principle, Sunnis believe Muhammed (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) would himself do it, but stop doing so out of fear it would be made mandatory. However, after his death given nothing could be made mandatory and everything was now fixed, there was no longer that possibility, and Sunnis take this to be permission to do it, given the only concern according to them of the Prophet and his disapproval of people joining in was its being made wajib.

Just now, Zaid Bin Ali said:

So do anyone knows why Imam Ali did not stop taraweeh when he became the 4th caliph?

We are more focused on whether he lead any taraweeh prayers or even joined the jama'at. Or any of our Imam practiced it or even advised it to anyone of his comanion or student. 

We only have evidence for night prayers during ramadhan which are to be offered individually (furada), not in congregation.

Guest Items

I mean as Shias, because of these bizarre practises a minority do, and the majority get offended when some try to call out and speak out against, do we have a leg to stand on in lecturing Sunnis about Bidah? I think in such instances we can let our scholars give their Fatwah, but to avoid embarrassing ourselves, we should just not mock Sunnis about it, because the things we do make it almost irresistible for them to laugh at the idea of a Shia calling them out for innovation. 

53 minutes ago, Abu Nur said:

It is an good bid'ah.

Ohh man, I think I just need to join any turbo taraweeh group or a Farari group as I already missed 9-10 days of taraweeh.

114 chapters in 114 minutes at double top.

5 minutes ago, Guest Items said:

we should just not mock Sunnis about it, because the things we do make it almost irresistible for them to laugh at the idea of a Shia calling them out for innovation. 

lol, who cares about this bid'ah business. We are Rafidha and will remain rafidha for them.

9 minutes ago, Guest Items said:

You have to admit one thing brothers and sisters, just as we Shias call out Taraweh, why do we not call out praying on fire, tatbir, rolling in mud, going into sujood and crying out to Fatima (عليه السلام), and all of the other practises that have only crept in over the last few centuries?

I mean, yes, Taraweh by our standards is a Bidah, even though the act of reciting the noble Qur'an in a beautiful voice with other Muslims isn't necessarily something terrible. However, cutting ourselves, rolling in mud, having horse parades where people touch the horse for blessings, calling out to created beings in sujood are surely worse.

Here's my opinion, over 95% or more of one group perform taraweeh and most consider it odd when someone doesn't agree with it from their own group. Probably less than 50% of Shi'as perform the acts you mention and many consider it odd when people of their own group do. That, I think is the key difference.

11 minutes ago, Urwatul Wuthqa said:

We are more focused on whether he lead any taraweeh prayers or even joined the jama'at. Or any of our Imam practiced it or even advised it to anyone of his comanion or student. 

We only have evidence for night prayers during ramadhan which are to be offered individually (furada), not in congregation.

So did Imam Ali (رضي الله عنه) performed it? Because in that video he said that Imam Ali (رضي الله عنه) praised Umar and he practice it. 

2 minutes ago, Sirius_Bright said:

The cartoon in the video was denying Shias with Sahih Bukhari, Musnad, Tirmidhi... Aisha, Abu Hurairah, ibn Awf. Okay.

...Baby Shark Tirmi-dhi-dhi-dhi-dhi-dhi

Just now, Zaid Bin Ali said:

Because in that video he said that Imam Ali (رضي الله عنه) praised Umar and he practice it. 

You will find a lot of things about Imam Ali (عليه السلام) in their books including his confession that Abu Bakr & Co are superior to him.

6 minutes ago, Zaid Bin Ali said:

So did Imam Ali (رضي الله عنه) performed it? Because in that video he said that Imam Ali (رضي الله عنه) praised Umar and he practice it. 

Amir Al Mu’mineen (عليه السلام) praising Umar? That don’t even sound right. Muhammad SAW didn’t even want Umar to lead prayers. 

Edited by AbdulKarim313_Austin/Nola