Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Propaganda_of_the_Deed

[Video]Taraweeh: Evil Bid'ah or Prophetic Sunnah?

Rate this topic

8 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

This is a great lie Imam Ali (عليه السلام) tried to stop people from praying tarawih after becoming caliph but majority of people raised against him & said “ oh Umar oh sunnata “ & created chaos in city so Imam Ali (عليه السلام) postponed stopping it because Jamal battle started & he didn’t want an internal war in his army for it but who says that Imam Ali (عليه السلام) prayed it or praised Umar for it is a big fat liar or Nasibi

I know brother, I posted it above your post. ^

8 minutes ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

I am not sure to understand the reference. You are singing the jaws theme  ?

Because of his baby cartoon face, I referenced a popular baby cartoon that comes on YouTube, "Baby Shark". Childish I know, but so is using an emoji to cover your face when trying to refute a group of people.

Just now, aaaz1618 said:

Because of his baby cartoon face, I referenced a popular baby cartoon that comes on YouTube, "Baby Shark". Childish I know, but so is using an emoji to cover your face when trying to refute a group of people.

Ok sorry I was not sure to understand ah ah. By the way I am angry every time I saw his face. Now because of his "refutations". But because I find very immature and childish than a guy want to discuss religion and use a cartoon face for his video. Every time I see that face I want to punch it and say "just show your true face" !

22 hours ago, Guest Items said:

I mean as Shias, because of these bizarre practises a minority do, and the majority get offended when some try to call out and speak out against, do we have a leg to stand on in lecturing Sunnis about Bidah? I think in such instances we can let our scholars give their Fatwah, but to avoid embarrassing ourselves, we should just not mock Sunnis about it, because the things we do make it almost irresistible for them to laugh at the idea of a Shia calling them out for innovation. 

Agreed

1 hour ago, 786:) said:

In what way is taraweeh evil? Calling it an innovation is one thing, but then calling it evil is another. It is reading the words of Allah. Sure you can call the manner in which it’s done a bidah, but I don’t see the evil side of it.

Unless I'm mistaken, it is just the way they are framing it as being one or the other of those two things.

1 hour ago, 786:) said:

In what way is taraweeh evil? Calling it an innovation is one thing, but then calling it evil is another. It is reading the words of Allah. Sure you can call the manner in which it’s done a bidah, but I don’t see the evil side of it.

All sunnies belive that any innovation in principle like as prayers will lead innovator & his/her followers to hell & based on Qur'an hell isplace of people that become astray be shaitan/Evillage & we know every Bid'ah comes from Shaitan to leado people to he'll that this time Shaitan uses prayer that he was a prayer too but for just a simple bowing or prostration will go to hell . 

Volume 3, Book 32, Number 227:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "Whoever prayed at night the whole month of Ramadan out of sincere Faith and hoping for a reward from Allah, then all his previous sins will be forgiven." Ibn Shihab (a sub-narrator) said, "Allah's Apostle died and the people continued observing that (I.e. Nawafil offered individually, not in congregation), and it remained as it was during the Caliphate of Abu Bakr and in the early days of 'Umar's Caliphate."

The address itself starts at individual level "whoever" :)

Volume 3, Book 32, Number 230:

Narrated Abu Salama bin 'Abdur Rahman:

that he asked 'Aisha "How was the prayer of Allah's Apostle in Ramadan?" She replied, "He did not pray more than eleven Rakat in Ramadan or in any other month. He used to pray four Rakat ---- let alone their beauty and length----and then he would pray four ----let alone their beauty and length ----and then he would pray three Rakat (Witr)." She added, "I asked, 'O Allah's Apostle! Do you sleep before praying the Witr?' He replied, 'O 'Aisha! My eyes sleep but my heart does not sleep."

This one too giving clear impression of night prayers being performed individually by Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)