Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, HakimPtsid said:

Well I did liken it to that in your other thread on this topic, so yes. However it does cross into the "associating partners with Allah" territory Islamically speaking. 

One of the ways that Hindus describe their pantheon is that all the Devas are branches on a tree, and the tree in it's totality is Brahman (God/Allah). 

The philosophical schools of Vedanta breakdown the traditional forms of Hinduism by taking it to the extent of saying that the Devas are merely psychological tools for connecting to Brahman (God/Allah). 

When it comes to Islamic beliefs about God and what is revealed in the Holy Qur'an, I think we have the advantage - in that we start from the point (via revelation) where God is above all attributes and qualities (such as the male/female dichotomy that Deva traditions are stuck in - being father/mother creator personifications of the Brahman). 

We don't attach ourselves to images, symbols etc, we have a direct path (hence the whole idea of "The Straight Path") within our devotion to Allah as we are taught the folly and error in taking image and idol for intermediary between us and the Source of all that is. 

When it comes to Vaishnavism, things can get more complicated as they themselves have the notion of 'avatars of Vishnu' and they have eschatological narratives, which make them historically the most controversial within Hindu pluralism. 

However with Hinduism in the big picture, it's hard to not say that they are a heavily Monotheistic religion that expresses itself through polytheistic understanding of that One Absolute (Brahman - God/Allah). I also think that Hinduism demonstrates an inevitability of Monotheism, that even the most superstitious idolaters eventually will come around to Monotheism given enough time.  

THANK YOU SO SO SO SO MUCH

13 minutes ago, Noor Taleb said:

THANK YOU SO SO SO SO MUCH

You're welcome :)

19 hours ago, HakimPtsid said:

You're welcome :)

PLEASE read my new post on One ness of God 

it deals with Qur'an verse that says had their been two creators they would have killed each other. the whole question I wrote their but nobody answered :(