Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

14 hours ago, aaaz1618 said:

You disagreed with what I said and quoted, essentially confirming you don't believe the Qur'an is any different to Hindu scripture. One is true one is false. You don't seem confused.

Yes hopefully he will continue this discussion so that he will increase his Din in Islam. It is weird to have a user with few posts come in asking something like that, and yeah, the Vedas themselves are nothing like the Qur'an - in spite of all the explanations I've attempted here of their own theology.

5 hours ago, HakimPtsid said:

Yes hopefully he will continue this discussion so that he will increase his Din in Islam. It is weird to have a user with few posts come in asking something like that, and yeah, the Vedas themselves are nothing like the Qur'an - in spite of all the explanations I've attempted here of their own theology.

The brother (or sister, brother I assume) has posted a few questions about Hinduism. If they are confused, fair enough, it's fine to question things, we have been blessed with intellect and reason, we're not ducks or chinchillas... But to disagree with my refutations of Hinduism in light of what we have in Islam, that's not someone that's confused, that is someone who appears all but decided. How can you have a strong opinion such as disagreement, but be confused? It's like saying "I love wearing this jumper, but I don't know if it fits me".

Then to just leave us talking amongst ourselves and make out we're arguing? I just don't think anyone here has time to be talking about Hinduism and trying to prove anything if the decision for the member has already been established. However, if the member wishes not be confused then they must decipher things and not just sit back and let people decipher it for them .

So, we shall see. 

Edited by aaaz1618

On 5/16/2019 at 6:44 AM, HakimPtsid said:

I am not such a learned scholar guys just a random human who thinks that Qur'an and Veda is same in the sense that Veda also teaches the same monotheism like Qur'an but after some research I found that Veda and Gita all these books are related and not different that’s where the contradiction lies is that their scriptures are contradictory with each other , I got confused because I find our teaching to be there in their books also that’s it !

I am NOT going to leave Islam inshAllah don’t say things that YOU ASSUME I’ve had enough of Mr. aaaz so plz don’t comment on any of my post thanks a lot !

Coming to Mr. Hakim the nicer of the two my confusion only comes because of similar teachings but I asked  so that people can help me instead question me but I guess judgement is always there !

Anyways moving on the difference I have is that their books are collective not separate so belief in Veda is linked to Gita and other books as well and as a whole the teachings are illogical contradictory am I right ?????

the only things that now confuse me is that they aren’t people who will only believe in Veda or in Gita what about them? Isn’t their books collective and not based on just one book

I WANT ANSWER ONLY FROM HAKIM

On 5/16/2019 at 12:29 PM, aaaz1618 said:

The brother (or sister, brother I assume) has posted a few questions about Hinduism. If they are confused, fair enough, it's fine to question things, we have been blessed with intellect and reason, we're not ducks or chinchillas... But to disagree with my refutations of Hinduism in light of what we have in Islam, that's not someone that's confused, that is someone who appears all but decided. How can you have a strong opinion such as disagreement, but be confused? It's like saying "I love wearing this jumper, but I don't know if it fits me".

Then to just leave us talking amongst ourselves and make out we're arguing? I just don't think anyone here has time to be talking about Hinduism and trying to prove anything if the decision for the member has already been established. However, if the member wishes not be confused then they must decipher things and not just sit back and let people decipher it for them .

So, we shall see. 

don’t get mad plz

On 5/16/2019 at 6:44 AM, HakimPtsid said:

I understand but please try to understand my point of view I have been suffering from this since long ago and I have put my trust in you guys 

Therefore some body like aaz judging me its very heart breaking just be patient with me. 

the difference I have is that their books are collective not separate so belief in Veda is linked to Gita and other books as well and as a whole the teachings are illogical contradictory am I right ?????

the only things that now confuse me is that they aren’t people who will only believe in Veda or in Gita what about them? Isn’t their books collective and not based on just one book

2 hours ago, Noor Taleb said:

don’t get mad plz

I'm not getting mad at all. 

Since you say there are nicer and more humble people tending to you, I will gladly end my contribution to this discussion. 

Insha'Allah you find your way.

18 minutes ago, aaaz1618 said:

I'm not getting mad at all. 

Since you say there are nicer and more humble people tending to you, I will gladly end my contribution to this discussion. 

Insha'Allah you find your way.

I apologize I got hurt and send things I should not have please give me your opinion as well I would be honored to hear it 

16 minutes ago, Noor Taleb said:

I apologize I got hurt and send things I should not have please give me your opinion as well I would be honored to hear it 

It's fine, there's no hard feelings... But honestly, Hakim is a bigger help, along with others who have posted on your other questions. I apologise if I upset you, we're all rooting for you and other people who struggle on here I think. Most of the regular members are all very nice and understanding. 

I'll see you around, insha'Allah.

I publicly apologize to you Mr... Aaz forgive me as I behaved in a very wrong manner I am a child so acted like one 

FORGIVE ME 

4 hours ago, Noor Taleb said:

I understand but please try to understand my point of view I have been suffering from this since long ago and I have put my trust in you guys 

Therefore some body like aaz judging me its very heart breaking just be patient with me. 

the difference I have is that their books are collective not separate so belief in Veda is linked to Gita and other books as well and as a whole the teachings are illogical contradictory am I right ?????

Salaam brother, it's ok. 

Well their religion starts off in the period where the Rigveda is "inspired", of course the Rigveda is not a scripture in the form of the Qur'an or even the Bible (except for the book of Psalms). The Rigveda was the first of four "vedas" which contain hymns and rituals etc to a lot of Devas. Keep in mind that they also emerged around the same period that Prophet Zoroaster taught clear Monotheism. Now, the Vedic tribes had a massive confluence of folk paganism, so much so that the Vedas themselves started veering towards a form of Monotheism. One of the most famous of these, is the mantra "AUM" (or "Om") ॐ which vaguely resembles the Arabic word of "Allah" interestingly. 

Now after the period of the Atharvaveda (the fourth Veda), a large tradition of philosophical texts known as "Upanishads" were written that where commentaries on the Vedas. The Upanishads themselves expounded on the mystical and philosophical aspects that emerged from the Vedas and introduced the concept of Brahman that explains both the unification brought about within the Vedas and an Ontological Monotheism. The Upanishads formed the backbone of Hinduism as we know it today, often referred to as the "Fifth Veda".

From there many traditions (Saivism, Shakta and Vaishnavism) as well as schools of philosophical though (Vedanta) have emerged within Hinduism and there are endless variations of ideas. However they all seem to agree over Brahman and related concepts like Parabrahman (which matches the Qur'anic notion of Allah actively sustaining the entire universe every second of it's existence).

In their Deva-based traditions, they usually treat the Devas as characterizations of Brahman. To Hindus, Shiva, Shakti, Vishnu, Indra etc are all the same transcendent God (Brahman) but are just different faces they put to it. So they are practicing Shirk but acknowledging the falseness of their deities (Devas) - if you get what I'm saying. Although some traditions of Vaishnavism definitely do believe in Vishnu very literally, which is an exception.

Within schools of Vedanta (which is philosophy) they often don't even use idols or symbols and can even get a bit spiteful towards traditions that do devote to Devas.

Hindu traditions and their 'sacred texts' largely vary and they aren't a scriptural religion as I've mentioned. There are many genres of texts, from Upanishads to Amgas to Puranas to Sutras (etc) which are more likely to be the genre of text that the average Hindu reads and practices from, rather than the Vedas. However many Mantras (kind of like Dhikr) from the Vedas are still actively practiced today. 

It's that the Vedas themselves are so divorced from modern Hinduism that it doesn't have relevance towards a Hindu's general practice. 

In your quoted post, you mentioned the Gita (Bhagavad Gita). Well, the Gita is actually a small portion of the Hindu epic known as the "Mahabharata", which is thousands of pages long. The Gita however is perhaps the most popular Hindu 'sacred text' there is and for that reason, it'd be more relevant to read than the Vedas if you are trying to understand Hinduism. There's a very famous chapter in the Gita (I think it's the 11th) where Krishna describes himself in all splendor to Arjuna in a grand cosmic scope, it's interesting because in that chapter Krishna speaks for Shiva, showing how they are one and the same - that being that they are characterization for a more-real Universal God of Brahman (Ultimate Reality/al-Haqq - which we call Allah).

My own theories about Hinduism is that around the time of before the Rigveda, there was a Monotheistic Revelation given to a Prophet from Allah that was distorted by confluence of culture and that echoes of it remained in the Rigveda. From there it was an inevitability for the early Hindus to elevate the Monotheistic remains to a higher status, realizing the major logical contradictions that came from idolatrous and semi-polytheistic practices.

1 hour ago, HakimPtsid said:

Salaam brother, it's ok. 

Well their religion starts off in the period where the Rigveda is "inspired", of course the Rigveda is not a scripture in the form of the Qur'an or even the Bible (except for the book of Psalms). The Rigveda was the first of four "vedas" which contain hymns and rituals etc to a lot of Devas. Keep in mind that they also emerged around the same period that Prophet Zoroaster taught clear Monotheism. Now, the Vedic tribes had a massive confluence of folk paganism, so much so that the Vedas themselves started veering towards a form of Monotheism. One of the most famous of these, is the mantra "AUM" (or "Om") ॐ which vaguely resembles the Arabic word of "Allah" interestingly. 

Now after the period of the Atharvaveda (the fourth Veda), a large tradition of philosophical texts known as "Upanishads" were written that where commentaries on the Vedas. The Upanishads themselves expounded on the mystical and philosophical aspects that emerged from the Vedas and introduced the concept of Brahman that explains both the unification brought about within the Vedas and an Ontological Monotheism. The Upanishads formed the backbone of Hinduism as we know it today, often referred to as the "Fifth Veda".

From there many traditions (Saivism, Shakta and Vaishnavism) as well as schools of philosophical though (Vedanta) have emerged within Hinduism and there are endless variations of ideas. However they all seem to agree over Brahman and related concepts like Parabrahman (which matches the Qur'anic notion of Allah actively sustaining the entire universe every second of it's existence).

In their Deva-based traditions, they usually treat the Devas as characterizations of Brahman. To Hindus, Shiva, Shakti, Vishnu, Indra etc are all the same transcendent God (Brahman) but are just different faces they put to it. So they are practicing Shirk but acknowledging the falseness of their deities (Devas) - if you get what I'm saying. Although some traditions of Vaishnavism definitely do believe in Vishnu very literally, which is an exception.

Within schools of Vedanta (which is philosophy) they often don't even use idols or symbols and can even get a bit spiteful towards traditions that do devote to Devas.

Hindu traditions and their 'sacred texts' largely vary and they aren't a scriptural religion as I've mentioned. There are many genres of texts, from Upanishads to Amgas to Puranas to Sutras (etc) which are more likely to be the genre of text that the average Hindu reads and practices from, rather than the Vedas. However many Mantras (kind of like Dhikr) from the Vedas are still actively practiced today. 

It's that the Vedas themselves are so divorced from modern Hinduism that it doesn't have relevance towards a Hindu's general practice. 

In your quoted post, you mentioned the Gita (Bhagavad Gita). Well, the Gita is actually a small portion of the Hindu epic known as the "Mahabharata", which is thousands of pages long. The Gita however is perhaps the most popular Hindu 'sacred text' there is and for that reason, it'd be more relevant to read than the Vedas if you are trying to understand Hinduism. There's a very famous chapter in the Gita (I think it's the 11th) where Krishna describes himself in all splendor to Arjuna in a grand cosmic scope, it's interesting because in that chapter Krishna speaks for Shiva, showing how they are one and the same - that being that they are characterization for a more-real Universal God of Brahman (Ultimate Reality/al-Haqq - which we call Allah).

My own theories about Hinduism is that around the time of before the Rigveda, there was a Monotheistic Revelation given to a Prophet from Allah that was distorted by confluence of culture and that echoes of it remained in the Rigveda. From there it was an inevitability for the early Hindus to elevate the Monotheistic remains to a higher status, realizing the major logical contradictions that came from idolatrous and semi-polytheistic practices.

You my brother will be in my prayers always !

AND aaz too ! 

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

MAY Allah BLESS YOU ALL!

8 hours ago, Noor Taleb said:

Salam

Say, ‘If the sea were ink for the words of my Lord, the sea would be spent before the words of my Lord are finished, though We replenish it with another like it.’ (109) 

قُل لَّوْ كَانَ الْبَحْرُ مِدَادًا لِّكَلِمَاتِ رَبِّي لَنَفِدَ الْبَحْرُ قَبْلَ أَن تَنفَدَ كَلِمَاتُ رَبِّي وَلَوْ جِئْنَا بِمِثْلِهِ مَدَدًا ﴿١٠٩﴾ 

http://tanzil.net/#trans/en.qarai/18:109

it's possible that some wise words & scriptures made from previous revelation like as Hindu books that there is some narrations that says Prophet Adam (عليه السلام) after his descendant to Earth at first descended in a part of current India then moved to current Mecca  position but what is written in Luh of Allah that is source of all divine books & his wisdom is more than it is in Qur'an & rest of books but Qur'an is only uncorrupted divine book that is direct key to reach vast knowledge of Allah that we need an infallible person from Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) to opens & clears it's secret to us 

The Holy Prophet (pbu) said: "If all the trees become pen and the seas become ink and the Human the jinns be writers of they are not able to count the virtues of Ali ibn Abi Talib (عليه السلام)

http://www.ghadeer.org/Book/821/123910

بحار: ج 38، ص 197 از شیعه و اهل سنت

Bihar ,v 38 , p 197 from Shia &Sunni

http://www.ghadeer.org/Book/821/123984

it seems that Hindus have some of this revelations that were similar to Qur'an but it's true meaning corrupted & derivated from right pass by fallible people

Chapter 1: The Beginning of the Stone (black stone) and the Reason for Kissing This Stone

When Allah accepted Adam's repentance, He changed that angel to a 
white diamond and threw it to Adam from paradise, while he was in the land of India. When he looked 
at it, he found comfort with it but he did not recognize it. He did not know about it more than being a 
diamond. Allah, the Most Majestic, the Most Glorious, made it speak, saying, "O Adam, do you know 
me?" He replied, "No, I do not know you." It then said, "Yes, Satan attacked you to make you forget to 
speak of your Lord." It then changed into the form in which it lived with Adam in paradise. 

http://www.fourshiabooks.com/hadith/al-kafi/16/1/3

Kitab Al-Kafi Book # 27: The Book of laws of Dresses, Beautifying and the ideal of Manhood

Chapter 51: The Origin of Perfumes

A number of our people have narrated from Sahl ibn Ziyad from Ali ibn Hassan from Musa ibn Bakr who has said the following:

"Abu 'Abd Allah, 'Alayhi al-Salam, has said, 'When Adam, 'Alayhi al-Salam, came down from the 
garden (paradises) at al-Safa' and Eve on al-Marwah, she wore a hairstyle from the garden (paradise) 
with the perfume of the garden (paradise). When she turned on Earth she said, 'I have no hope in this 
hairstyling while I am being angered at.' She opened her braid. The perfume from her hairstyling that 
she had done in the garden (paradises) spread and the wind blew it away. The majority of it fell in 
India, thus perfume is in India."' 

A number of our people have narrated from Ahmad ibn Abu ' Abd Allah from Ali ibn Hassan a similar 
Hadith. In another Hadith it is said that '. . . 'her braid' . . . ' Allah sent on what was there (in her 
braid) of perfumes a wind which blew to the east and west, thus the origin of perfume is thereof. 

Share...Chapter: 51, Hadith: 12521, Number: 1

Kitab Al-Kafi Book # 27: The Book of laws of Dresses, Beautifying and the ideal of Manhood

Chapter 51: The Origin of Perfumes

Ali ibn Muhammad from Salih ibn Abu Hammad from al-Husayn ibn Yazid from al-Hassan ibn Ali ibn Abu Hamzah from Ibrahim who has said the following:

"Abu 'Abd Allah, Alayhi al-Salam, has said that when Allah sent Adam, Alayhi al-Salam, down, he 
began to hold the leaves of the garden (paradises) to himself, and his clothes which were of the dresses 
of the garden (paradises) that he wore flew away from him. He picked up a leaf to cover his private 
parts. When he came down the perfume of that leaf trapped in India; the wind from the south blew and 
its perfume reached to the west. It carried the perfume of the leaf in the air. When the wind became 
stagnant in India, it adhered to its trees and their plants. The first animal that grazed on such a plant 
was a deer of musk and from that is musk in the bellybutton of the deer; the fragrance of the plant 
moved in her body and blood until it gathered in the bellybutton of the deer.'" 

http://www.fourshiabooks.com/hadith/al-kafi/27/51/3

Chapter 120: The Birth of Abu al-Hassan Musa ibn Ja'far ((عليه السلام).)

Ali ibn Ibrahim and Ahmad ibn Mihran all have narrated from Muhammad ibn Ali from al- Hassan ibn Rashid from ya'qub ibn Ja'far who has said the following.

"Once I was in the 
presence of Abu Ibrahim ((عليه السلام).) that a monk and a nun from the people of Najran, Yemen came 
to see him. al-Fadl ibn Sawwar sought permission for them and the Imam ((عليه السلام).) said, 
"Tomorrow bring them to the well of 'Umm Khaayr." The narrator has said that on the next 
day we went to see him and we found the people also there. The Imam ((عليه السلام).) ordered to spread 
a mat that was made of palm tree fibers. He then sat down on it and the people sat down on 
The Imam ((عليه السلام).). The nun began asking questions. She asked may questions. The Imam ((عليه السلام).) 
answered them all. Abu Ibrahim ((عليه السلام).) asked her certain questions but she could not answer. 
She then accepted Islam. ......

" Abu Ibrahim 
((عليه السلام).) then said, "Tell me more about the man from India." The monk said, "I have heard 
certain names but I do not know their meanings and interpretations. I do not know what they 
are and how they are and how they are read? I journeyed until I reached Sidhan in India. I 
asked about the man and I was told that he has built a monastery in the mountain and can only 
be seen twice a yea. The people of India believe that Allah has made a stream flow through 
his monastery. They think that a different kincheloe, MI 49784 of farming is done for him 
therein and that all is done for him without normal labor......

I then said, "I am told that you know certain names of the name s of Allah 
through which you can reach every day and night the Holy house that is in al-Sham (Syria). Is 
it true?"He asked me, "Do you recognize the Holy House?" I replied, "I do not know any 
other Holy House besides that in al-Sham." He said, "Not Bayt al-Maqdis (the mosque in 
Jerusalem). The Holy House that is the House of the family of Muhammad (s.a.)."....

......"His name is Mutammim ibn 
firuz from the people of Persia. He established faith in Allah Who is only One and has no 
partners and worshipped Him sincerely with certainty and devotion. He ran away from his 
people when was afraid of them. His Lord granted him authority and guided him to the way 
of right guidance and progress. He made him to be of the pious ones and granted him the 
knowledge of who the His sincere servants are. Every year he he visits Makka for Hajj and 
performs 'Umra at the beginning of every month once. He comes from his place in India to 
Makka because of the distinction that Allah ahs granted to him and His support and thus 
Allah rewards those who give thanks." 

http://www.fourshiabooks.com/hadith/al-kafi/4/120/5

Chapter 124: The Birth of Abu Muhammad al-Hassan ibn Ali ((عليه السلام).)

Ali ibn Muhammad has narrated from more then one person of our people of Qumm from Muhammad ibn Muhammad al-'Amiri from Abu Sa'id Ghanim al-Hindi who has said the following.

"I lived in interior Kashmir, India. My friends would sit on chairs on the right and left of the 
King. They were forty people and all of them would read the four books, Torah, Gospel, 
Psalms and the books of Abraham. We would judge among the people and provide them 
understanding of their religion and issue fatwas for them in the lawful and unlawful matters. 
All people would seek assistance from us including their King. Once we discussed about the 
Messenger of Allah and said that this Prophet who is mentioned in the books has remained 
obscure to us. We must investigate about him and lead a fact finding task in his affairs. .....

............. I said, "His name is Muhammad." They said, "He is our Prophet that you search 
for." I asked them about his laws and they informed me about them. I said, "I know that 
Muhammad is the Prophet but I do not know the one you describe to me is he or not. You 
should show where he is so I can go and find out whether the signs that I have about him is 
found in him or not. If he would the one I am looking for I will accept his religion." They 
said, "He has passed away." I asked them, "Who is the executor of his will and his 
successor?" 

I began the prayer but I was 
anxious and thoughtful about my goal. At this time someone came to me and called me with 
my Indian name. I replied, "Yes, it is I." He said, "Your master is calling you." I went with 

him and he would walk from this to that street until he came to house and a garden and I saw 
him ((عليه السلام).) sitting." He said, "Well come, O so and so, in Inddian language. How are you? How 
was so and so until he mentioned all the forty people. He then asked me about every and each 
of them. Then he told all that had happened among us all in Indian language. Then he asked, 
"Did you want to perform Hajj with people of Qumm?" I said, "Yes, my master." He then 
said, "Do not go to Hajj with them this year. Go back and perform Hajj in future." He then 
gave me a bag of money that was in front of him and said to me, "Spend it for your needs and 
do not go to Baghdad to so and so." He mentioned his name and said, "Do not tell him 
anything." 

http://www.fourshiabooks.com/hadith/al-kafi/4/124/3

http://www.fourshiabooks.com/results/India

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

9 hours ago, Noor Taleb said:

I publicly apologize to you Mr.... Aaz forgive me as I behaved in a very wrong manner I am a child so acted like one 

FORGIVE ME 

Honestly brother, there was nothing to forgive in the first place :)

16 hours ago, HakimPtsid said:

Salaam brother, it's ok. 

Hakim you said devas are characterization of same God , Does it mean like names and attributes of Allah or forms?

7 hours ago, Noor Taleb said:

Hakim you said devas are characterization of same God , Does it mean like names and attributes of Allah or forms?

Well I did liken it to that in your other thread on this topic, so yes. However it does cross into the "associating partners with Allah" territory Islamically speaking. 

One of the ways that Hindus describe their pantheon is that all the Devas are branches on a tree, and the tree in it's totality is Brahman (God/Allah). 

The philosophical schools of Vedanta breakdown the traditional forms of Hinduism by taking it to the extent of saying that the Devas are merely psychological tools for connecting to Brahman (God/Allah). 

When it comes to Islamic beliefs about God and what is revealed in the Holy Qur'an, I think we have the advantage - in that we start from the point (via revelation) where God is above all attributes and qualities (such as the male/female dichotomy that Deva traditions are stuck in - being father/mother creator personifications of the Brahman). 

We don't attach ourselves to images, symbols etc, we have a direct path (hence the whole idea of "The Straight Path") within our devotion to Allah as we are taught the folly and error in taking image and idol for intermediary between us and the Source of all that is. 

When it comes to Vaishnavism, things can get more complicated as they themselves have the notion of 'avatars of Vishnu' and they have eschatological narratives, which make them historically the most controversial within Hindu pluralism. 

However with Hinduism in the big picture, it's hard to not say that they are a heavily Monotheistic religion that expresses itself through polytheistic understanding of that One Absolute (Brahman - God/Allah). I also think that Hinduism demonstrates an inevitability of Monotheism, that even the most superstitious idolaters eventually will come around to Monotheism given enough time.