Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Guest GuestQuestioner

Increased Libido After Suhoor?

Rate this topic

Guest GuestQuestioner

Assalamu alaikyum,

My Ramadan routine is that I wake up early for suhoor, eat and drink a lot of water, then go back to bed until I have to wake up to start my day.

I noticed that during that period when I go back to sleep after eating suhoor, I feel much more aroused sexually than I do normally when sleeping/waking up .

Is this normal? What is the biological cause of it?

Wassalam.

1 hour ago, Guest GuestQuestioner said:

Assalamu alaikyum,

My Ramadan routine is that I wake up early for suhoor, eat and drink a lot of water, then go back to bed until I have to wake up to start my day.

I noticed that during that period when I go back to sleep after eating suhoor, I feel much more aroused sexually than I do normally when sleeping/waking up .

Is this normal? What is the biological cause of it?

Wassalam.

So in terms of the biological reason for the arousal, it will depend on if you're male or female... 

Men have nearly 11 erections daily. This is not because of sexual excitation but because the body must have them. As any other part of the body, blood must pass through there to keep everything in order.

If what you are experiencing is just libido (sexual desire) in an excessive way, try with natural anaphrodisiacs such as zaatar*, it's very suitable for suhoor. Licolice root is terrible but good and effective as an anaphrodisiacs as well. It's also good for your mouth. Also, avoid aphrodisiacs, for obvious reasons.

* Edit: zaatar is an aphrodisiac, not an anaphrodisiac actually. My bad.

Edited by Bakir

Guest GuestQuestioner
59 minutes ago, Ali~J said:

So in terms of the biological reason for the arousal, it will depend on if you're male or female... 

I am a male, referring to erections and arousal

28 minutes ago, Bakir said:

If what you are experiencing is just libido (sexual desire) in an excessive way, try with natural anaphrodisiacs such as zaatar, it's very suitable for suhoor. 

"Zaatar was considered by the ancient Eastern nations aphrodisiac, and the Greeks were convinced that the consumption of seasoning awakens in the hearts of joy and courage."

https://recipecooking.biz/a-mixture-of-spices-zaatar/

11 minutes ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

"Zaatar was considered by the ancient Eastern nations aphrodisiac, and the Greeks were convinced that the consumption of seasoning awakens in the hearts of joy and courage."

https://recipecooking.biz/a-mixture-of-spices-zaatar/

Thanks for pointing it out, indeed, zaatar does the exact contrary lol. I eat zaatar every morning yet no effects though, guess tobacco is much more imposing in that sense hahah.

I do not know about your case, but I believe it is mentioned in hadiths that when one would eat too much, it would have an effect on the sexual organs and increases this kind of lust.

There are also hadiths that warn against drinking too much.

There are also hadiths which say that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) or Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) would love it if someone remains hungry and fearful of all. 

Also, there are hadiths that say do not eat unless you are hungry, and leave the table/food while still having an appetite for food.

if you like to do something about your problem, you might have the solution in this. 

These hadiths are out of my memory, they could have in reality other wording, also you can see that I am not sure about the hadith when I say the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) or  Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), for example

Edited by Mohammed-Mehdi

Experiencing increased libido from an aphrodisiac is analogous to feeling healing properties from placebos, what’s in your mind matters more than what’s in your stomach. While there’s no proof that certain foods directly enhance libido, eating a well-balanced diet improves cardiovascular health, which in turn improves total body and sexual health. 

Wa Alikum Assalam

Brother just look up foods online that causes this excitement and stay away from it.

Stay away from music, TV entertainment, lower your gaze from haram visual situations that will cause you to have a sexual appetite as well.

What is it with people that everything that people are feeling, they just have to share it with others.  Some things are meant to be private and not spoken outloud.

Haya is a lost trait these days.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah