Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
AStruggler

What are you doing to better yourself?

Rate this topic

People might start praying salat al layl, do reflective videos (lol), start working out, learn new languages, join special social clubs, volunteer, and the list goes on...

What are you doing right now to better yourself and move towards reaching your max potential in life? It could be anything big or small, common or unusual, and could have to do with any area of life...

Edited by AStruggler

I am actively trying that with every action I do throughout the day and night I make a niyyah of doing it to get closer to Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) - 'Qurbantan illalah'. 

Trying to connect with the Muslim community more in real life. I try to stay active by volunteering at our Shia community if I have time, also by attending youth programs. 

Also this Ramadan I made it a goal to always meet someone new when I have iftar at my university with fellow Muslims. If I'm sitting down with a complete sranger, I would try to talk to him and get a decent convo flowing. 

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

Lately, I'm learning how to control my anxious feelings by some exercises, learning to breathe, identify my worries, etc. To my surprise, all of this has been encouraging me to have a more positive and constructive mentality. It's really so necessary in life.

In the other hand, studying on feminism lately, as I barely read anything on modern feminist theories except for Butler and a few more (I see it a platform for really interesting progressive values, probably the best union of ideas and viewpoints in our era). Right now reading Sister, Outsider by Audre Lorde.

Would be nice if we made a club to discuss these authors (without having to reply to the same toxic comments from fragile masculinity). Anyone interested? I would gladly contribute with my impressions of what I'm reading heheh.