Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Noor Taleb

Confusion about Oneness of God

Rate this topic

On 5/31/2019 at 5:48 PM, eThErEaL said:

Salam.

the verse does not say that:

If there were therein gods beside Allah, then verily both (the heavens and the Earth) had been disordered. Glorified be Allah, the Lord of the Throne, from all that they ascribe (unto Him). 21:22

Salam,

May I ask something?

Some body came up to me and said the following

God is the best so for example in the world there are 4 people and 1 is elected as king as he is the best of them.

This shows that even when God is one there are many others as well but he is one because he is better than the three remaining.

These three are the demi gods.

I have no idea how to answer such a concept because we know that there is nothing comparable to Allah but he says yea he is not comparable BUT to the  creation he made. I don’t know how to answer this at all.

1 hour ago, Noor Taleb said:

Salam,

May I ask something?

God is the best so for example in the world there are 4 people and 1 is elected as king as he is the best of them.

This shows that even when God is one there are many others as well but he is one because he is better than the three remaining.

I have no idea how to answer such a concept because we know that there is nothing comparable to Allah but he says yea he is not comparable BUT to the  creation he made. I don’t know how to answer this at all.

If we say there are four people each person will be lacking something the other has right ? Or else they would all be the same and hence there would be no distingtion anyways that is there would be no more four people only one. But that is not he case. In fact all four of these seem to be limited in some way or the other from each other. Something must of limited them that thing that limited them is neither of the four. 

11 minutes ago, Rohani said:

If we say there are four people each person will be lacking something the other has right ? Or else they would all be the same and hence there would be no distingtion anyways that is there would be no more four people only one. But that is not he case. In fact all four of these seem to be limited in some way or the other from each other. Something must of limited them that thing that limited them is neither of the four. 

I don't get the last line.

The thing is the argument goes as they 3 are God like I.e demi since they are almost like him but not quite.

How do I prove that they are 100% not like even IK limitation = not God but How do I refute demi God argument which makes it seem God is above all 3 but three are God like so demi gods?

14 minutes ago, Noor Taleb said:

I don't get the last line.

The thing is the argument goes as they 3 are God like I.e demi since they are almost like him but not quite.

How do I prove that they are 100% not like even IK limitation = not God but How do I refute demi God argument which makes it seem God is above all 3 but three are God like so demi gods?

There is no such thing as demi God.

29 minutes ago, Aragaia said:

There is no such thing as demi God.

how to explain this?

2 minutes ago, Noor Taleb said:

how to explain this?

Demi-God can be used in many situations. Just check the different meanings and which one applies to your question. In Islam there is no such thing. So if you are debating with someone in abstract terms then I don't know an answer, if it is about Islam the answer is very simple in that demi-gods do not exist.

1 minute ago, Aragaia said:

Demi-God can be used in many situations. Just check the different meanings and which one applies to your question. In Islam there is no such thing. So if you are debating with someone in abstract terms then I don't know an answer, if it is about Islam the answer is very simple in that demi-gods do not exist.

The one applied here is that God like 90% and 10% limitation 

Wa alaykom salaam.  For something to be limited in a way that three things supposedly are at equal levels and they are all diffrent from each other. We have to ask what made them diffrent. Imagine if you had playdough you formed it into three shapes. Each would be diffrent from each other. But the thing that made each diffrent was neither of the three. That thing must be more perfect than any of the three as it has power and priority over the three. Therefore the three things are not God.

2 hours ago, Noor Taleb said:

Salam,

May I ask something?

Edited by Rohani

27 minutes ago, Rohani said:

Wa alaykom salaam.  For something to be limited in a way that three things supposedly are at equal levels and they are all diffrent from each other. We have to ask what made them diffrent. Imagine if you had playdough you formed it into three shapes. Each would be diffrent from each other. But the thing that made each diffrent was neither of the three. That thing must be more perfect than any of the three as it has power and priority over the three. Therefore the three things are not God.

Butttt my question still remains

How to explain there is no Demi God

29 minutes ago, Rohani said:

What do you mean by the thing that made these three different was neither of the three 

God IS. He described Himself to Prophet Moses as "I AM WHO I AM." Because God is the Creator of all things, we all know He exists to have created us. To deny the existence of God is rebellion against God. It is sin. In the Ten Commandments given to Prophet Moses, the First Commandment states that God is above all. "You shall have no other gods before me." - Exodus 20:3 There is NO other God beside Him. He created everything in the universe and beyond, including us. He reveals Himself to us as He wills. We can ague about His relationship with us; we can argue about His characteristics. But we can not define Him. We can only hope in our limited time on this Earth, in this lifetime, to know Him, to know what He is like. If we know why He created us, we are few among many, and we are blessed. If we please Him in this lifetime, we hope to be rewarded in the next life. And we will truly know Him then. King/Prophet David said, "As for me, I shall behold your face in righteousness; when I awake, I shall be satisfied with your likeness."  - Psalm 17:15

The Chritian belief in God is monotheistic. But we view God through the lens of Trinity (with personhood: Father, Son and Holy Spirit), which does not change His existence as the One God, alone. In Deuteronomy 6:4 "The LORD our God, the LORD is one," the Hebrew word for one is "echad" which is often used as a composite unity. For example, male and female become one (echad) flesh, a composite of two. The Christian worldview (as explained by Nabeel Qureshi in his book, No God but one: Allah or Jesus?) "...is the one God, Yahweh. He exists as three persons who love each other perfectly. Thus, the one God is love in his very essence. Out of this love, God created mankind in his image, that God might love man and man might love God."

Nabeel Qureshi, No God but one: Allah or Jesus? (Grand Rapids:Zondervan, 2016), 35.

Peace and blessings,

3 hours ago, Noor Taleb said:

Butttt my question still remains

Salam,

God is “incomparably” great.  The key word here is “incomparable”.  This means that He is NOT even “greater than” anything else.  To say that God is “greater” is itself a limitation for that is a comparison.  So God is neither “lesser than” nor “greater than”.  Rather, God is incomparably and absolutely great.  

Edited by eThErEaL

Guest Light
3 hours ago, Noor Taleb said:

How can God be partial or half? God is indivisibly One (Ahad), therefore no such thing as demi-God exists.

7 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

Salam,

God is “incomparably” great.  The key word here is “incomparable”.  This means that He is NOT even “greater than” anything else.  To say that God is “greater” is itself a limitation for that is a comparison.  So God is neither “lesser than” nor “greater than”.  Rather, God is incomparably and absolutely great.  

May Allah bless you 

thank you brother