Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

42 minutes ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

My TSH levels is at 10, while everything else is normal. Thyroid issues run in my family, unfortunately. I have no symptoms other than chronically dry skin and weight gain. 

Hope I don’t have hypothyroidism, but we will see. 

I'm sorry to hear that, I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. 

Go to the doctor. Take the pills. It's not that big a deal. 

I have no family history of thyroid problems, but I had my thyroid gland removed entirely due to a cancer scare. If I don't take the medication, I'll die. But they're easy to take once a day, no side effects. I'm supposed to take them in the morning, then wait an hour before eating anything, but I found it easier and better for my biology to take them in the evening right before sleep. 

Guest Nadeem
2 hours ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

My TSH levels is at 10, while everything else is normal. Thyroid issues run in my family, unfortunately. I have no symptoms other than chronically dry skin and weight gain. 

Salaam, Please use Selenium supplements it will help you recover. 

Guest Itsme
7 minutes ago, Guest Nadeem said:

Salaam, Please use Selenium supplements it will help you recover. 

No, please go and see your doctor and follow their advice. You ought not follow the advice of anyone on this thread. Some users on here have problems you may never have for instance. Thyroid problems are broad and variable - and you might not even need medication. 

Salaam, 

I've done some advanced biology so I know a little about the thyroid. If your TSH levels are at 10 you have an under active thyroid (mU/L units) in other words hypothyroidism. Hypo meaning low and thyroid referring to levels of hormones and ism meaning condition, so condition of low hormones produced by the thyroid. One of my relatives has this and they just take Levothyroxine. So if you get it prescribed you take it everyday to increase thyroxine levels, you have to have it for the rest of your life, but your quality of life should be as good as anyone else's.

Please go to your GP to get it prescribed, to avoid further complications which we won't go into... 

1 hour ago, Guest Nadeem said:

Salaam, Please use Selenium supplements it will help you recover

No, no, no. Consuming only very little amounts of Selenium after an amount of time will kill you (maybe as little as 5mg per day is toxic) 

On 5/13/2019 at 3:13 PM, Islandsandmirrors said:

U are right at border of subclinical hypothyroidism 

See your doctor ask for a thyroid ultrasound and check levels every 6 wks