Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Maisam Haider

Standing in taraweeh with personal intention

Rate this topic

Standing in taraweeh with furada niyyat is a sin? Please provide proof. It is forbidden to stand in congregation and listen to the Qur'an but it is recommended to do sujood of Fatima (عليه السلام)? These kinds of things really make me question if people are sincere.

Guest Nkight
1 minute ago, 786:) said:

Standing in taraweeh with furada niyyat is a sin? Please provide proof. It is forbidden to stand in congregation and listen to the Qur'an but it is recommended to do sujood of Fatima (عليه السلام)? These kinds of things really make me question if people are sincere.

What happens when unstoppable rijal, meets immovable ghuluw?

1 hour ago, Sirius_Bright said:

You know the situation better but in no circumstances a sin is allowed except taqaiyah. You should have refused there. I would compare this to a very good Christian friend asking to take a sip of alcohol. Both are sin, both should be rejected, no matter your relations. Never a good idea to make creation happy against creator. 

Alhamdulilah, 

Why are we rehashing and beating a dead horse here? The brother has already been told by many qualified brothers on this thread about his mistake and how he should be more confident next time shun such invitation. So why do you want to rehash and beat up on him some more? Everything you said has been established in this thread already aside from the Sistani’s ruling. 

Brother Haider this is why you keep your slip ups between you and Allah. Humans are not more merciful than Allah. Wait for Answers from your more knowledgeable scholars don’t pay too much attention to this thread. Insha’Allah stay away from bidah and move on with Your Ramadhan. Allah is more merciful than Humans. This is also Ramadhan the most merciful month. Take advantage of it. 

Edited by AbdulKarim313_Austin/Nola

42 minutes ago, AbdulKarim313_Austin/Nola said:

Alhamdulilah, 

Why are we rehashing and beating a dead horse here? The brother has already been told by many qualified brothers on this thread about his mistake and how he should be more confident next time shun such invitation. So why do you want to rehash and beat up on him some more? Everything you said has been established in this thread already aside from the Sistani’s ruling. 

Brother Haider this is why you keep your slip ups between you and Allah. Humans are not more merciful than Allah. Wait for Answers from your more knowledgeable scholars don’t pay too much attention to this thread. Insha’Allah stay away from bidah and move on with Your Ramadhan. Allah is more merciful than Humans. This is also Ramadhan the most merciful month. Take advantage of it. 

I don't see what different thing I told him than 'it is bidah' and 'Allah is most forgiving'. I'm actually giving him hope that even if you regret doing that particular sin, Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) will forgive Insha Allah. 

1 hour ago, 786:) said:

Taraweeh is bidah and promoting bid'ah is a sin. Shaitan did lot of worship than you and I could ever do but not obeying Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) for one Sajdah to Adam got him removed from Allah's mercy. Worship is not reciting Qur'an in supersonic speed but it is obeying Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) in good and evil. 

Guest think
56 minutes ago, Sirius_Bright said:

Taraweeh is bidah and promoting bid'ah is a sin. Shaitan did lot of worship than you and I could ever do but not obeying Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) for one Sajdah to Adam got him removed from Allah's mercy. Worship is not reciting Qur'an in supersonic speed but it is obeying Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) in good and evil. 

Will you condemn the people praying on fire, having horse parades, crawling to shrines, self-mutilating their bodies and those of their children, many of which have been condemned by many of our esteemed ulema such as Sayed Ali Khamanei, before anyone slanders me with the accusation I am defaming our madhab?

You are correct in principle, but why remain silent over the stupidity we ourselves do?

2 hours ago, Sirius_Bright said:

I would compare this to a very good Christian friend asking to take a sip of alcohol. Both are sin, both should be rejected, no matter your relations. Never a good idea to make creation happy against creator. 

Your anology is very wrong and does not relate to my situation in any way.

Firstly, alcohol consumption is a well known haram action and there is no doubt regarding its prohibition. You are comparing this forbidden act to attending taraweeh with "forada" intention. It is a dangerous assumption  to consider that just like alcohol is haram, so taraweeh with forada intention would also be haram. As of yet I have not received a single proof from any marja or scholar that forada intention in taraweeh is actually a "sin". It is likely that it is forbidden but unless you are a mujtahid you are not authorized to assume what is a sin and what is not. 

Secondly, you are also wrong about your assumption that I attended taraweeh to please the "creation" instead of the creator. If I had wanted that, I would not have resisted to attend it several times in the first place. Infact I only attended it for the sole purpose of gaining Allah's pleasure and not my host's pleasure.

What I faced was an abrupt, unexpected and unusual situation where I had to quickly conclude whether Allah's displeasure at refusing to have dinner with the host combined with Allah's possible displeasure at not being united with Sunnis in congregation would be less than His displeasure for outwardly supporting a biddah. So this was not a straightforward, isolated case of a Sunni suggesting a Shia to attend taraweeh. I attended the Sunni mosque because there existed an element of doubt,albeit small, in my situation as to which action would have pleased Allah more ..I.e., sacrificing unity with Sunnis (which Ayt Sistani recommends) plus sacrificing Islamic moral ethics or avoiding the outward support of biddah. Perhaps a clear fatwa could enlighten us more. Nevertheless if it is a sin, it was still an unintentional error of judgment on my part, rather than being an action to please "the creation" as you stated. 

On 5/13/2019 at 11:52 AM, Maisam Haider said:

Salam

Is it permissible for a Shia to stand in a Sunni congregation reading taraweeh, while the Shia makes his own intention and reads some other mustshib prayer (not taraweeh) ? 

Salam. Others have already made good replies, while others I do not agree with. One point of caution: If a Shia attends Taraweeh with the Sunnis, some Shias might backbite him which could lead to missed opportunities in life such as jobs, networking and marriage. 

1 hour ago, Guest think said:

Will you condemn the people praying on fire, having horse parades, crawling to shrines, self-mutilating their bodies and those of their children, many of which have been condemned by many of our esteemed ulema such as Sayed Ali Khamanei, before anyone slanders me with the accusation I am defaming our madhab?

You are correct in principle, but why remain silent over the stupidity we ourselves do?

No these acts will be justified under azadari. No one is allowed to put a limit on azadari (supposedly)

33 minutes ago, Hameedeh said:

Salam. Others have already made good replies, while others I do not agree with. One point of caution: If a Shia attends Taraweeh with the Sunnis, some Shias might backbite him which could lead to missed opportunities in life such as jobs, networking and marriage. 

AstaghfirAllah, 

And this would be bad for all groups involved because in one corner we would have our Hero whose reputation would be tarnished leading to lost opportunities and social rejection by his Shia community while participating in bidah. 

Then in the other corner we have the Shia community who would be responsible for backbiting and having to stand account on Yauma Qiyamah. Not a good scenario to be in. 

Then in the other corner we still have our lost sheep still performing bidah  prayers at warp speeds with no signs of the last days to slow them down, with their hands up on the roller coaster. 

48F50F68-F558-48F9-A5F1-533E40AA7383.jpeg

Edited by AbdulKarim313_Austin/Nola

8 hours ago, Maisam Haider said:

You are comparing this forbidden act to attending taraweeh with "forada" intention.

Both are forbidden act, what difference does it make. 

8 hours ago, Maisam Haider said:

Secondly, you are also wrong about your assumption that I attended taraweeh to please the "creation" instead of the creator. 

You were not ready to go for taraweeh but you went only because of your host. Anyway, I don't want to discuss this. It was meant as a general statement and not to target anyone. I apologize if that hurt you in any way.

General statement - Unity has caused us damaged big time.

9 hours ago, Guest think said:

7 hours ago, 786:) said:

No these acts will be justified under azadari. No one is allowed to put a limit on azadari (supposedly)

You people always look to deviate the topic to tatbir, don't you? 

3 hours ago, 786:) said:

It was a fair question. You would be hypocritical to call taraweeh a sin yet applaud those who partake in bizarre Muharram rituals.

Tatbir and other rituals do have fatwa from Mujtahideen, many of them allow it. On the other hand, I'm yet to see a mujtahid giving green signal to taraweeh. 

Tatbir has ambiguous narrations and one has to rely on his muqallid while taraweeh has straightforward condemnation.