Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Guest guest

makeup

Rate this topic

Guest guest

hello! 

I am wondering if you can have acrylic nails and eyelash extensions and still participate in wudu/pray with them on?

4 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

I am wondering if you can have acrylic nails and eyelash extensions and still participate in wudu/pray with them on?

No you can't since they form a barrier to water reaching your skin and nails. 

4 hours ago, starlight said:

No you can't since they form a barrier to water reaching your skin and nails. 

what about micro blading your brows?

Some marjas think that acrylic nails are halal, provided that you make ghusl or wuthzu prior to putting them on. It’s said that because they are stuck on unless removed by an instrument, it’ll then be considered part of the body. 

Others believe it’s not allowed.

Ask your marja. 

2 hours ago, starlight said:

What is microblading,pray tell.

It's basically a temporary tattoo for shaping your eyebrows, they use many tiny needles and a semi permanent dye. 

2 minutes ago, Ali~J said:

It's basically a temporary tattoo for shaping your eyebrows, they use many tiny needles and a semi permanent dye. 

If it lets the water reach the skin then it's allowed, otherwise not.

Guest Umm Saffi

From my understanding:

Plucking the eyebrows isn’t permissible, so if you’re getting your eyebrows plucked or threaded *before* the microblading, then it’s a no-go. 

Acrylic nails are also a no-go since water can’t reach the nails for wudu and ghusul, but there *are* halal nail polishes that are water permeable (water can soak through) that are ok to wear.

I hope this helps!

On 5/18/2019 at 8:40 AM, Guest Umm Saffi said:

From my understanding:

Plucking the eyebrows isn’t permissible, so if you’re getting your eyebrows plucked or threaded *before* the microblading, then it’s a no-go. 

Acrylic nails are also a no-go since water can’t reach the nails for wudu and ghusul, but there *are* halal nail polishes that are water permeable (water can soak through) that are ok to wear.

I hope this helps!

How is plucking eyebrows not permissible? There is nothing wrong with it

16 minutes ago, 3wliya_maryam said:

How is plucking eyebrows not permissible? There is nothing wrong with it

I heard someone said that the Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) said we should not pluck our eyebrows both for men and women. He ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) even said that we men should not shave our beard.

On 5/20/2019 at 3:58 PM, Diaz said:

I heard someone said that the Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) said we should not pluck our eyebrows both for men and women. He ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) even said that we men should not shave our beard.

Sunnis aren't allowed to pluck their eyebrows, however for us it is permissible.

1 hour ago, rxdbx said:

Sunnis aren't allowed to pluck their eyebrows, however for us it is permissible.

Yet as a Sunni I was told plucking the hair under my arms is a sunnah that was to be done no longer than 40 days. Both are for the same purposes yet one becomes impermissible... Go figure...

Bismehe Ta3ala 

Assalam Alikum 

God likes us to be clean and Rasoul Allah taught us how to take care of ourselves.

But people are forgetting that we can't beautify ourselves in public, only in front of mahrams.

If you have clear nail polish that's fine but if you are wearing fuchsia (or any other colors)then you are causing attention and committing haram.

Clean your eyebrows and shape them, but if your marja3 is Sayyid Seeistani you need to have them covered.

Hijab is not merely covering your hair, it is the whole package.

Modest clothes, no enhancing makeup, covering of your wrists and wearing dark socks, is proper and correct hijab.

Wearing handkerchiefs and having paint job makeup with three quarter sleeves and showing your barefeet in public is corrupted perversion of hijab.

Stay classy and respectable and maintain your chastity and modesty. 

M3 Salamah, Fe Amin Allah 

3 hours ago, rxdbx said:

But why only Sunnis? Did the Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) said it’s permissible? If yes, please I want source. 

23 hours ago, Diaz said:

But why only Sunnis? Did the Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) said it’s permissible? If yes, please I want source. 

Tafseer al-Qurtubi, 5/392 

2 – It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah said: “Allaah has cursed the women who do tattoos and those who ask for tattoos to be done, those who ask for their eyebrows to be plucked, and the women ask for their teeth to be filed for the purpose of beautification, changing the creation of Allaah.” A woman from the tribe of Bani Asad whose name was Umm Ya’qoob heard of that and she came and said, “I have heard that you have cursed So and so and So and so.” He said, “Why should I not curse those whom the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed and who are mentioned in the Book of Allaah?’ She said, “I have read what is between the two covers [of the Qur’aan], and I did not find anything in it like what you have said.” He said, “If you have read it, have you not read that Allaah says,  

‘And whatsoever the Messenger (Muhammad) gives you, take it; and whatsoever he forbids you, abstain (from it)’

Therefore it's not allowed for Sunnis to pluck their eyebrows, because they have this Hadith, but we don't follow Tafseer al-Qurtubi or any other Sunni book, and the Hadith can only be found in Sunni books. Furthermore most of our marjas have said that it is permissible to pluck your eyebrows. However I personally don't know of any Shia Hadiths regarding plucking eyebrows.