Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ali~J

How to get shredded?

Salaam, 

I was wondering if there was a health category and luckily there is :clap:

So basically I want to get ripped, I've got a LOT of free time coming up and I want to put to good use. So I've decided to invest some of the time in burning excess fat and getting shredded, if anyone has any idea about how to go about this please let me know the method in full. I've tried browsing the internet but it's been little help since it's over generalised and not specific enough for me... 

Based upon my own experiences, and I’ve been bulking/shredding since years now, vigorous physical activity and some diet is they key. I’m in the shredding phase now, since months I’ve been doing almost everyday 10-20 kms a day of walking/jogging and let me tell you, I lost considerable amount of weight to the point where my belly muscles became clearly visible and toned. I completely abstain from sugary drinks, junk food and candies/sweets/lollies. Other than that, I don’t keep any strict diet except the aforementioned and I don’t snack throughout the day. Also eat foods that prevent hunger throughout the day, so you wouldn’t overeat. For me oatmeal, rice and buckwheat are the bases for nearly all my daily meals. I try to stay away from pastas/noodles and white baked goods such as breads or rolls. Deep frying is also a big no. They key is to move a lot on regular basis and not to give up. If you burn more calories than you take in, you will see the difference very fast. Good luck. 

13 minutes ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

tenor.gif?itemid=6121955

Not a problem akhi, just say Bismillah and eat..

image-jpg.40747

On 5/12/2019 at 11:45 PM, Ali~J said:

. I've tried browsing the internet but it's been little help since it's over generalised and not specific enough for me... 

Unless we know you. The advice here will be non specific. It all depends on you busy type. Metabolism current fitness level. Etc 

But it's essential loose fatbjeep muscle. Both catabolic and anabolic. Difficult to do will take time and effort. And undoubtedly setbacks while you are experimenting.

Getting shredded without having much muscle mass will get u looking like a 14 year old kid who just got abs. Bad idea. Spend a year or two building muscles then shred. If you haven't lifted before, you'll gain muscle quickly in your first year. You don't need to be on large caloric surplus either.

42 minutes ago, Warilla said:

But it's essential loose fatbjeep muscle.

I cannot guess what this means, can you type it again? :bye:

20 minutes ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

Spend a year or two building muscles then shred.

So how should I go about doing this? And how is it different to shredding? 

20 hours ago, Ali~J said:

So how should I go about doing this? And how is it different to shredding? 

Brother, just go on youtube. There are multiple videos on this topic

21 hours ago, Warilla said:

Unless we know you. The advice here will be non specific. It all depends on you busy type. Metabolism current fitness level. Etc 

But it's essential loose fatbjeep muscle. Both catabolic and anabolic. Difficult to do will take time and effort. And undoubtedly setbacks while you are experimenting.

If you can afford it then hire a fitness trainer. [Edit to remove off-topic] 

[Mod Note: Replies to the removed off-topic comment were also removed from this thread. Please consider the OP is serious and do not post any funny memes. Mods can remove off-topic posts.]

Edited by Hameedeh
Edit and Mod Note.

Adding muscles = Bulking

Burning fat = shredding (notice how I say Fat and not “weight”. two different things)

Start lifting heavy and eating if you want to bulk. search up “5x5 program” and then add some accessory work (biceps, calves, etc). I agree with Aflower. Search on youtube “Beginner clean bulk” and watch the videos. Plenty of good information online. Watch people like Omar Isuf, Strength Camp and Jeff Naipard (old videos, not sure about the new ones).

Edited by Ibn Al-Shahid

English is my second language. When I read your post title, I became upset. I told myself why this brother wants to take apart himself? Now, Alhamdulillah you don't want to shred yourself that way :)

I want to lose weight too, I'm running and excercising. I don't eat junk food or at restaurant. I cook myself, but more physical activity needed to shred. When I didnt have car, I used to walk everywhere and I was fit. As soon as I got car, after 6 months I gained 40 lbs

Edited by Quran313

Hmmm I think I overdid it.... 

I lifted for the first time yesterday and I *thought* it went well... 

But nooooo

During the workout I did notice a slight strain in my forearms and wrists but I didn't think it was really serious and it actually went away. During the workout my muscles were on fire but I powered through. Then about one hour after my muscles became really sore and I actually had difficulty standing and sitting down, it was like my thigh muscles were powerless.

At night when I was going to bed I noticed the muscles in my body uncontrollably but eventually I feel asleep. 

The next morning the weakness and soreness in my muscles spread to my arms and worsered in my thighs. And my left shoulder has a really bad pain in it. And to top it all off I pulled my left tricep too. Really badly now its uncomfortable to straighten it or thouch my shoulder with my fingertips.

I only managed to do 20kg with the bench press, so I'm quite weak.

So yeah I'm pretty messed up atm. 

On 5/13/2019 at 3:45 AM, Ali~J said:

Salaam, 

I was wondering if there was a health category and luckily there is :clap:

So basically I want to get ripped, I've got a LOT of free time coming up and I want to put to good use. So I've decided to invest some of the time in burning excess fat and getting shredded, if anyone has any idea about how to go about this please let me know the method in full. I've tried browsing the internet but it's been little help since it's over generalised and not specific enough for me... 

You should go to a gym and spend at least 6 months continuously with 2 days gap in a week and follow the instructor and do not take medicine at all for big muscles, it is bad for healthy body, Just give natural shape to your body and eat bananas and take banana shakes and listen to this music doing exercise. :yahoo:

Edited by Flying_Eagle