Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ejaz

A response to the wahhabi documentary! (Islamic Pulse)

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Guest Items said:

Slight?

Calling them Kuffar in reality and referring to them as worse than dogs and pigs, as well as to their revered symbols?

Referring to past incidents.

He made a mistake in his video. At 3:20 وان كانو means “even though” not “even if”. وان كانو is a confirmation to the belief of the next sentence.  if Imam Khomeini wanted to say “even if” he would have wrote حتى لو instead.

1 hour ago, Guest Items said:

my life and the life of many Shia family members I know for certain are hounded and abused because of what foul-mouthed Shias say. I actually live in a safe

This has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

Referring to Islamic pulse either you don't stir the pot about these things or you say what's factually correct. That's why I repeatedly discouraged making a response video in the other thread. 

3 hours ago, Guest Items said:

Slight?

Calling them Kuffar in reality and referring to them as worse than dogs and pigs, as well as to their revered symbols?

12-13 years back, when I had selected a house available on rent for my family, I met with the landlord and introduced myself to him. He asked me, after listening my name, "are you Shia", I said yes I am. He said sorry, we can rentout our house to any Hindu but never toany Shia.

10-11 years back, I was invited in a birthday party of my collegue, we gathered at his house after maghrib prayers but he was not present at home. After some time when he came back, we complaint that he invited us and himself were absent. So he told us that the Imam of mosque, after finishing maghrib prayers, started a lecture and in that he mentioned a very interesting thing which I have noted carefully. Another collegue asked him about that interesting thing, he said Imam has mentioned that it is allowed to eat and drink with any dog but it is forbidden to eat or drink with any Shia. 

I steped up and said so that means I should leave because I am a Shia. And I came back home.

Edited by Urwatul Wuthqa

Salams

This is a very embarrassing situation. The construction وإن being "although" or "even though" is basic knowledge one learns early on reading Classical Arabic, you can consult a dictionary or reference grammar to see this. The lack of a conditional clause being set up is evident when you read the sentence thus ruling out "even if", you don't need to study very much to learn what a conditional clause looks like. This guy said he was in hawza for a half of a decade — more than enough time to learn the rudiments of Arabic, rather, to be quite fluent by now (even though the first year is Farsi) — additionally he's said that he's had 50 teachers! It's not like he didn't have ample opportunity. The amount of money we Shias have given in terms of khums to pay for this education is ridiculous considering he's just making videos with silly errors like this. It's embarrassing that some guy that's been there this long can't translate a rather simple Arabic sentence and instead of studying is off being a propaganda mouth piece on YouTube. This is nothing against the brother personally, I'm sure he's a pious brother and a nice guy but as a public speaker and representative of the hawza (as he's making himself to be here) I expected a lot more for five years and fifty teachers, this is honestly a shame and an embarrassment. SDL and their idiot staff will only use something like this to their advantage. What type of a message are we sending to the world if our seminarians can be this non-serious. Thank God our seminarians are often much better than this, at the very least they know when they have "even if" and when they have "even though".

Wassalam

On 5/11/2019 at 3:29 PM, Ibn al-Hussain said:

:salam:

Sigh. Horrible come back - such a rookie mistake at 3:35 he completely misunderstood the Arabic. Can't be making such blunders on such a large platform.

Should a rookie need to be making these videos?

The bigger problem here is that the clerics do nothing. The internet has been around for a long time with multiple anti-Islamic and anti-Shia websites and I have seen very little work done by the clerics to counter any of this (especially the former). The laypersons have had to spend their time learning and trying to defend their faith because those who have the greatest responsibility, shun it. I think they should be ashamed of themselves. I used to think they didn't know much about the Internet (especially the older ones) and then I see them spending time on Facebook and Twitter making a few comments and uploading pictures.

It's like the soldiers of a nation were too feeble or lazy to do anything, so the ordinary civilians went out to fight the wars. Then the soldiers demanded tax money to build barracks and then they fought little battles within those safe places (I.e. gave lectures about the same subjects for decades to their dwindling followers).

BTW I am assuming that the individual in the video is not from the hawza. Even if he is, my critisism about the clerics still stands.

Edited by Muhammed Ali

Guest Just Sayin'
1 hour ago, Urwatul Wuthqa said:

12-13 years back, when I had selected a house available on rent for my family, I met with the landlord and introduced myself to him. He asked me, after listening my name, "are you Shia", I said yes I am. He said sorry, we can rentout our house to any Hindu but never toany Shia.

10-11 years back, I was invited in a birthday party of my collegue, we gathered at his house after maghrib prayers but he was not present at home. After some time when he came back, we complaint that he invited us and himself were absent. So he told us that the Imam of mosque, after finishing maghrib prayers, started a lecture and in that he mentioned a very interesting thing which I have noted carefully. Another collegue asked him about that interesting thing, he said Imam has mentioned that it is allowed to eat and drink with any dog but it is forbidden to eat or drink with any Shia. 

I steped up and said so that means I should leave because I am a Shia. And I came back home.

السلام عليكم أخي,

With all due respect brother, you are an unknown person with a generic screen name narrating two stories from unknown people, one who happens to be a landlord.  On the other hand, the quotes are directly taken from a book written by the TOP religious cleric in Shiasim during his time.  If you want to make a similar comparison, find a religious cleric with that sort of "clout" in the non-Shi'a community who says such things about Shi'as.  Do you know what would happen if you found him?  I would categorically condemn him and call him an ignorant fitnah monger.

26 minutes ago, Guest Just Sayin' said:

السلام عليكم أخي,

With all due respect brother, you are an unknown person with a generic screen name narrating two stories from unknown people, one who happens to be a landlord.  On the other hand, the quotes are directly taken from a book written by the TOP religious cleric in Shiasim during his time.  If you want to make a similar comparison, find a religious cleric with that sort of "clout" in the non-Shi'a community who says such things about Shi'as.  Do you know what would happen if you found him?  I would categorically condemn him and call him an ignorant fitnah monger.

I can attest to the fact that these things happen all the time where Shias are treated (or atleast understood) worst than kuffar. If you're denying such things never happen in real world than either you're making excuses for your Sunni brothers or you live on mars. It's quite clear where all your Sunni brothers get their 'Shia kafir' Aqeedah from.. It's their scholars on the minbar and their books. 

50 minutes ago, Guest Just Sayin' said:

السلام عليكم أخي,

Alaikas-Salam Akhi,

Lets first note that it were the scholars from opponent sect who made such claims. Following is the references available on wikipedia too:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunni_fatwas_on_Shias

Now coming back to your point, why would you call him a fitna monger? Just because he is telling the truth?  Or because of his telling lies?

Edited by Urwatul Wuthqa

3 hours ago, Hassan- said:

He made a mistake in his video. At 3:20 وان كانو means “even though” not “even if”. وان كانو is a confirmation to the belief of the next sentence.  if Imam Khomeini wanted to say “even if” he would have wrote حتى لو instead.

Salam in this video a well known Shia cleric that does debates with Wahabi channel in Farsi & Arabic 3 years ago said same thing as Islamic pulse in Velayat Tv in. Response of a Sunni guy he translated آن کانوا to even if they were worser than dogs & pigs they are not impure & there is no evidence from other Shia scholars based on first edition of Imam Khomeini (رضي الله عنه) book 

https://www.aparat.com/v/zApu8/آیا_امام_خمینی_عایشه_و_طلحه_و_زبیر_را_نجس

5 hours ago, Guest Items said:

You are probably one of the most knowledgable users on here. Most of us are lay people. We have no business in technical discussions on issues you yourself see problematic on several levels brother. 

Yes. Please let us stay dumb and ignorant! 

Right?

Ultimately, we shouldn't dilute our religion for the sake of ”unity."

Anything founded upon false or weak foundations will crumble sooner or later. A friendship or "unity" based on dishonesty and double-speak will fail sooner or later. 

We should thank brother Ibn al-Hussain for encouraging us not to be dumb and ignorant for the sake of a mirage. 

Guest Items
21 minutes ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

When people on here abuse revered symbols of Sunnis and the moderating team turns a blind eye (Allah is witness), it is prime propaganda against us. They love you "honest" Shias. 

What else is new here? Individuals gain a following and start talking authoritatively and arrogantly about every topic that is the flavour of the day.  It is not a layman vs an expert issue, it is just a general tendency to avoid careful research most of these complex issues deserve.