Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ejaz

A response to the wahhabi documentary! (Islamic Pulse)

Rate this topic

12 minutes ago, Faruk said:

It's not about sugar coating. The point is that both sects went through a crystalization proces of centuries long.

Do you really believe that after all those centuries there are only flaws in sunnism and not in shi'ism?

Do you think centuries of animosity and persecution of a minority will cease once some Shias stop cursing privately and publically? Ushering in a new age of tolerance and unity? 

Even though the polemics will always point to what our scholars have said. It wont go away. Once online even more so.

It is not that I do not want such things,  just I am not naive to not realise Islam itself was disunited literally immediately after the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم). The rest is history.

It will never happen. True peace will be the return of the Imam ajtfs

There has never been true peace between the two, there has been moments of cooperation or peace treaties and alliances in history but no true lasting peace. 

Sorry if I'm being pessimitic/realistic.

Edited by Propaganda_of_the_Deed

9 minutes ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

Do you think centuries of animosity and persecution of a minority will cease once some Shias stop cursing privately and publically? Ushering in a new age of tolerance and unity? 

Even though the polemics will always point to what our scholars have said. It wont go away. Once online even more so.

It is not that I do not want such things,  just I am not naive to not realise Islam itself was disunited literally immediately after the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم). The rest is history.

It will never happen. True peace will be the return of the Imam ajtfs

There has never been true peace between the two, there has been moments of cooperation or peace treaties and alliances in history but no true lasting peace. 

Sorry if I'm being pessimitic/realistic.

As the son does not have to imitate the mistakes of his father.

There are two options.

To repeat history or to learn from history.

The choice is ours.

Edited by Faruk

On 5/24/2019 at 10:51 AM, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

New upload.

Why do you share their garbage on ShiaChat?

If I wanted to hear their talk I would seek it out myself, its about the last thing I would do, especially in Ramadan.

2 minutes ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

Rather than repeat myself, feel free to read a reply to a previous similar question.

I understand your point of view on this but I do not agree with it. Perhaps the topics which they bring up could be discussed if anyone of us here actually started to believe in their hateful nonsense rather than discussing something nobody believes in to begin with?

Lets all start to discuss how much sadagah one should give in relationship to ones incomes and expenses? It will become very quiet and uninteresting for most. I promise you they will not make passionate videos about that subject and film themselves in the speakers corner shouting out to people who don’t give sadagah, even fighting some of them physically over it.

Life is too short to spend it on trying to reason with nasibis in my opinion. If they disagree with us, then they can wait for Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) to make it clear on yammul qiyama.

10 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

I understand your point of view on this but I do not agree with it. Perhaps the topics which they bring up could be discussed if anyone of us here actually started to believe in their hateful nonsense rather than discussing something nobody believes in to begin with?

It is fine to disagree and part of discussion forums, but not all members on here are on the same level of certainty of faith or knowledge. Without resources on our counter arguments they can be vulnerable and not everyone responds the same when their beliefs are attacked. Don't forget we have lots of guests viewing our threads, some may be Shias who want answers. 

For those not interested in this they don't need to view or comment on such posts.

2 hours ago, IbnSina said:

Lets all start to discuss how much sadagah one should give in relationship to ones incomes and expenses? It will become very quiet and uninteresting for most. I promise you they will not make passionate videos about that subject and film themselves in the speakers corner shouting out to people who don’t give sadagah, even fighting some of them physically over it.

Life is too short to spend it on trying to reason with nasibis in my opinion. If they disagree with us, then they can wait for Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) to make it clear on yammul qiyama.

I partially agree brother. I think people shouldn't waste too much time on polemics. Healthy debate is good, but getting stuck into a permanent state of polemical confrontations doesn't seem spiritually healthy to me. 

Having said that, there is always scope for some discussion and clarification so that anyone who may have been open to guidance has received it. Once the key points have been made and the exchange becomes circular and futile I agree one should move away and focus on more productive things.

Wallahu a'lam 

On 6/10/2019 at 2:58 AM, Simon the Canaanite said:

He uses quite an uncivilized language, which I hope will change.

screencapture-twitter-i-web-status-11277

"Believing themselves to be perfectly guided on the right path - they never stop and think that they might be doing more harm than good"

Islamic Pulse should take their own advice, considering some of their videos are likely to be more harm than good. The one where they say despair is a sin? People like them are the reason there's still stigma in the Muslim community about mental health.

1 hour ago, gayboyanon said:

"Believing themselves to be perfectly guided on the right path - they never stop and think that they might be doing more harm than good"

Islamic Pulse should take their own advice, considering some of their videos are likely to be more harm than good. The one where they say despair is a sin? People like them are the reason there's still stigma in the Muslim community about mental health.

Basically the video is saying that we should never despair of Allah's mercy, because it leads to a downward spiral. It is supposed to give us hope. I don't see the problem in that. 

Guest Abu qaqa
On 5/17/2019 at 4:18 PM, Ashvazdanghe said:

Well I don’t follow Rafida  channel because it’s  same as other salafi/Wahhabi channels & calls other Shias & Marjas that don’t agree with them as Batris & enemies of Imam Mahdi (aj) but it’s a good video that they receive from their supporters in BBC that shows Dawah Salafi men are categorizing people in a shirk & Ahd

Muslims like Us :ISIS in London #SalafiWatch EP 2

Anti Shia indoctrination #SalafiWatch Ep3

Salafi watch ep 1:

The Ebn Hussein guy I've always questioned whether he was truly an ex-Shia. At most, I think he was born Sunni and had a Shia phase and then reverted back to Sunnism again.

He says he is from "Sunni South Iran", specifically the Abbasi family which claims descent from the Abbasids. This family ruled Sunni town of Bastak between the 1600s to 1900s, and they are Sunni and the areas they ruled over are Sunni.

On 6/24/2019 at 1:01 AM, ireallywannaknow said:

Basically the video is saying that we should never despair of Allah's mercy, because it leads to a downward spiral. It is supposed to give us hope. I don't see the problem in that. 

Actually, the first video said: "When we despair, we lose faith in Allah". An effect, not the cause. Allah's mercy is mentioned once in the video, in passing. In the "Feeling Empty" video, they actually imply it's what you said, but not in the first video. That's bad explanation on their part.

For their Mackinations series, however, their words definitely apply to them.

1 hour ago, gayboyanon said:

Actually, the first video said: "When we despair, we lose faith in Allah". An effect, not the cause. Allah's mercy is mentioned once in the video, in passing. In the "Feeling Empty" video, they actually imply it's what you said, but not in the first video. That's bad explanation on their part.

brother... they're called  'one minute wisdoms' for a reason.