Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Hopeless wonderer

What do you want to achieve this Ramadan

Rate this topic

- I want to start writing journals everyday to analyse my day. 

- I want to connect with more people in real life and show interest in their lives. For exanple, It feels good when you have a nice convo with someone in the masjid. I sometimes keep talking about myself, so I do need to focus on other people at times.

Guest Reflections

A better connection with Allah , our creator and our sustainer.

Building a deeper reliance on Allah, so that in times of dire need, it is he I call out to with more sincerity and devotion, reflecting on the Duas from the Qur'an and allowing me to recognise if harm comes on me, none but he can remove it. 

Preparing for the hereafter and day of judgement, knowing he is the master of that day and even those creations of his he allows as and when he wills to intercede can't decide if I go to Heaven or Hell, but that remains his decision as the one who is most wise, most knowledgable, and most merciful - something not a single one of his created beings can even dare or dream to compare with.

On 5/11/2019 at 2:32 PM, ali_fatheroforphans said:

- I want to start writing journals everyday to analyse my day. 

- I want to connect with more people in real life and show interest in their lives. For exanple, It feels good when you have a nice convo with someone in the masjid. I sometimes keep talking about myself, so I do need to focus on other people at times.

That’s a great goal! Actual interaction is fulfilling 

On 5/11/2019 at 5:18 PM, Ruqaya101 said:

An increase in Taqwa. Increase in imaan. To be stronger mentally and spiritually.

To come out of it a better person and a muslimah.

To reflect on my sins and mistakes and how I can improve myself. To Submit 

Inshallah you will! 

In the name of Allah, the all-merciful, the most merciful.
alsalamu alaykum.
Dua and blessings recited in the blessed month of Ramadan after the obligatory daily prayers in all mosques and worship centers throughout the world are another indication of Islamic mercy and benevolence. Thereby, Muslims invoke God for solving problems of all human beings (not only Muslims). We study hereunder some of these invocations:
“O Allah! Let all the dead to be cheerful!
O Allah! Let all the needy to be rich!
O Allah! Let all the hungry to be fed!
O Allah! Let all the naked to be clothed!
O Allah! Let all the indebted to get their debts paid!
O Allah! Let the affairs of all the worried untangled!
O Allah! Let all the expatriates be repatriated!
O Allah! Let all the captives to be liberated!
O Allah! Let all the sick people to be healed!”
https://www.al-Islam.org/religion-of-mercy-nasir-makarim-shirazi
the istijabat (acceptance of these beautiful duas are in the time of reappearance of Imam Mahdi (may Allah hasten his reappearance).
so, I believe that the best dua is praying for that time!
because in his blessful government, all the problems are resolved and the prayer and wishes of all people are granted by divine grace.
I pray that Allah makes this year, the year of reappearance of Imam Mahdi, (may Allah hasten his reappearance).

A reminder for myself first: Fasting for anything else other than Qurbatan IlalAllah (for the closeness / sake / for Allah) would make it of lower quality. 

As side benefits, I would love to achieve two things, one is Ikhlas, or sincerity in the obedience of the commandments of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). Other is experiencing to be in the presence of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) through selected verses of Qur'an, somewhere in where He has manifested Himself.  

On 5/11/2019 at 4:11 AM, Hopeless wonderer said:

Do you have any habits you hope to develop and keep after Ramadan

Great thread. Keep this topic going, please. 

To continue to grow in the faith and to continue to grow roots in the community. 

I would also like to find more Shia in my area. Even if it's just going for a coffee once every week or two. 

The last thing is to enroll in eHawza and begin my journey of learning.