Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Shiachat TV Show

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)

Salam,

We can have Ahlul Bayt TV etc. Why can't we have Shiachat TV? Wouldn't it be cool if we could start a show/drama.

Credit goes to @2Timeless for coming up with this amazing idea, she has a vision.

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

Obviously it's a very big project but we do have a global platform, we need to think of something creative. Maybe we can create an official Shiachat head office in a country (maybe Australia) and maybe offer salary packages to its employees. There will be a hierarchy of roles, from CEO to marketing officers to Sheikhs to the IT staff to the media team to ziyarah travel guides.

The mission of this project is to bridge the gap between the online Shia community and communities in real life - to empower Shias at every corner of the world and offer them a platform to get involved and stay connected. We could also focus on the reverts, ensuring they find it easy to integrate with the community etc.

Like I said, I know I'm dreaming rn, but you have to dream like you'll live forever and live like you'll dream forever. By 2050 we can think of this major project inshallah.

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Maybe we can create an official Shiachat head office in a country (maybe Australia) and maybe offer salary packages to its employees

Where is the moola? :grin:  If you are thinking the mod team is going to sacrifice their salaries to finance this you must be kidding. We gotta maintain a lifestyle. :sunglasses:

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

she has a vision

A vision?!

She needs to go back into the kitchen!!

Represent all the “inferior” women!!

Give up her title as a queen, there ain’t no such thing as feminism!!

wash all the dishes like she doing baptism!!

shell live a life with her perfect husband!

aww khitiya, @2Timeless, can’t imagine you living in that prison.

but don’t worry, your husband will make up for it when he cooks you some timan!!!

kililililililililililililileeesshhhhhh. Halhoola

im joking everyone, hasa ankitil

• Advanced Member
17 minutes ago, Ruqaya101 said:

A vision?!

but don’t worry, your husband will make up for it when he cooks you some timan!!!

Jheez didn’t know you could spit fire 

Edited by AStruggler
  • Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Ruqaya101 said:

A vision?!

Wowzas... someone sounds a tad bit jellyyyyyy. Why would I do any of that when I'll be ruling my mansion in my golden throne love? That's your job habibty glad you know how to do it, otherwise I'd have fired you! :D

2 hours ago, AStruggler said:

LOL this line.

Keep stirring -_-

• Advanced Member
7 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Salam,

We can have Ahlul Bayt TV etc. Why can't we have Shiachat TV? Wouldn't it be cool if we could start a show/drama.

Credit goes to @2Timeless for coming up with this amazing idea, she has a vision.

Wa aleykumsalaam,

I had also plan to run own TV channel, but due to lack of time and the issue I faced, I dropped my plan. In today's generation no one wants to sit in-front of idiot box or watch live streaming of their favorite program, instead they prefer to watch on demand video channel like Netflix and Youtube, this was one of the main reason I dropped my plan.

But if any brothers and sisters are willing to start their own TV channel for free, I can recommend a website which I tried myself, it works great. Since it is free, features are limited but it think it is perfect for initial run. Here is the website below, you can add your own videos or youtube videos and you can also schedule the program accordingly within a 24 hrs time frame.

https://viloud.tv/pricing/

Edited by Aquib Rizvi
typo
5 hours ago, starlight said:

If you are thinking the mod team is going to sacrifice their salaries to finance this you must be kidding.

to be honest I was thinking of paying all the mods I.a like you'll receive salary too.

Dw I gotcha.

22 hours ago, 2Timeless said:

Who's going to fund it? Lol this is so impossible. 

Inshallah when you become a lawyer, you can take a loan from the bank to buy the land. If you're struggling someone else can contribute. On the bright side you'll get to be the CEO, so I reckon it's defs worth it.

• Forum Administrators

Nothing stopping anyone putting starting a Youtube channel. Or a web-based livestream. It's the fees for satellite tv broadcasting that is a killer. There could be some mileage in talking to one of the existing channels to have a "Shiachat" branded show, but that would involve discussions between people at fairly high pay-grades e.g. in terms of editorial control etc. Then again if the people at those channels saw some of the content here, the bargepole might come out.

Edited by Haji 2003
  • Moderators

I think because if you want to do a Media Project like a tv show, you need to first figure out how to get the money to do it and how to sustain it financially. Then present the idea to potential investors. This is the normal and pretty much only way to do these types of projects unless ypu are planning to self finance the project. ShiaChat is a website which runs on an extremely small budget and doesnt have piles of cash sitting around. Mods are normal people with day jobs who do this as a volunteer.

I think it is a good idea but there are other similar projects, Ahl Al Bayt TV, etc. If you want to do a show, you must first figure out how what you are going to do will fulfill a need / desire in the community that is not currently being fulfilled. This is called a niche. 

I think fictional tv shows that promote the values taught by Islam and teachings on Ahl Al Bayt in the English language  is a good niche and there is a desire for this that is not currently being met. Now someone needs to come up with a sustainable finacial / business model for this. If u can come up with one, I would like to hear it