Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Resistance107

Help regarding Marriage(syed girl)

Rate this topic

I am a Syed Girl, my father once said that it is his wasiyat(will) that I marry a Syed guy, but there were also times when he said that I can marry whoever I want to, he passed away a month ago after fighting cancer, my question is that is it neccessary for me to obey my Late Father's will and marry a syed guy or can I marry someone of my choice too? Please reply.

I sent this question to my maraja too, but it has almost been a month yet no reply.

I will appreciate if you can attach some references too.

it's better that you follow his will but you can with every good Muslim but if you marry a non Syed because you break his will you must pay a good amount of charity to soul of your father. 

On 5/10/2019 at 2:04 PM, Resistance107 said:

it is his wasiyat(will) that I marry a Syed guy, but there were also times when he said that I can marry whoever I want to

In the afterlife, he has probably settled on the latter and will be happy with it.

Find someone who is good in manners, obedient to Allah and who is able to support you financially in a permissable way. Your father, may Allah grant him Jannah, will surely know that there are many Muslims who would not meet the above criteria, including people who are syeds or claim to be syeds. 

We are all striving for Jannah and it's what we did as Muslims and not who we are that will count.

16 hours ago, IbnSina said:

Your not allowed to marry ahlul kitab as a Muslim women.

Please justify it with a clear verse in the holy Qur'an, which unequivocally prohibits Muslim women to marry people of the book.  I hope you don't give indirect inferred meaning, but a direct verse, like 2:221 which prohibits Muslim women to marry polytheists. 

44 minutes ago, tempus said:

Please justify it with a clear verse in the holy Qur'an, which unequivocally prohibits Muslim women to marry people of the book. 

Why are you asking for a verse from the Qur'an. Not all religious rulings and principles are stated in the Qur'an. 

15 minutes ago, starlight said:

Why are you asking for a verse from the Qur'an. Not all religious rulings and principles are stated in the Qur'an. 

It is because Qur'an specifically deals with permissibility of marriage of both men and women. If it were any other matter which Allah directly did not address in Qur'an, the ruling can be taken from other sources. However, permissibilty of marriage is addressed in the Qur'an, so adding more prohibitions from ourselves than what Allah has ordained, is not correct.  

1. Did Allah prohibit the marriage of Muslim women with polytheists ? Yes.

2. Did Allah prohibit the marriage of Muslim women with people of the book ? I could not find any direct verse regarding it. If you have, please share. 

Guest Murtuza

I'm a Syed guy and my family is also consent about me getting married to a Syed girl but I fell that your family can have an opinion but they can't impose it on you last call must be yours :)

18 hours ago, tempus said:

Please justify it with a clear verse in the holy Qur'an, which unequivocally prohibits Muslim women to marry people of the book.  I hope you don't give indirect inferred meaning, but a direct verse, like 2:221 which prohibits Muslim women to marry polytheists. 

We believe in hadith of the holy Prophet(S) and his family(عليه السلام) as well.

If you are a Quranist then have fun during laylatul Qadr since its specified which night it is in that one ayah... oh wait.

On 5/11/2019 at 7:04 AM, Resistance107 said:

I am a Syed Girl, my father once said that it is his wasiyat(will) that I marry a Syed guy, but there were also times when he said that I can marry whoever I want to, he passed away a month ago after fighting cancer, my question is that is it neccessary for me to obey my Late Father's will and marry a syed guy or can I marry someone of my choice too? Please reply.

I sent this question to my maraja too, but it has almost been a month yet no reply.

Who is your marja’? Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani (may Allah prolong his life) ruled it perfectly permissible for the Sayyed to marry non-Sayyed. There’s a difference in opinion among the maraji’ on that, but I feel like the Pakistani and Indian cultures blow it all way out of proportion.

Someone close to my family married a Sayyed guy and he turned out to be a non-religious alcoholic who physically abused his wife. She managed to flee from him, thanks to her rationally thinking father, and now is remarried to a non-Sayyed guy. Just a first hand observation that we are all fallible and the whole Sayyed thing, should be treated with caution. There is a lot of people who claim descent of any sort but in real they aren’t. 

3 hours ago, IbnSina said:

We believe in hadith of the holy Prophet(S) and his family(عليه السلام) as well.

If you are a Quranist then have fun during laylatul Qadr since its specified which night it is in that one ayah... oh wait.

I am not a Quranist. I accept authentic hadith, but not the hadiths which contradict Qur'an and prohibit something which Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) has not prohibited. 

Please mention authentic hadith from the Prophet and/or his family, which clearly prohibit Muslim women to marry people of the book, and then I will ask you a counter question. Please provide the references first. 

12 hours ago, Hassan- said:
17 hours ago, OrthodoxTruth said:

Who is your marja’? Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani (may Allah prolong his life) ruled it perfectly permissible for the Sayyed to marry non-Sayyed. There’s a difference in opinion among the maraji’ on that, but I feel like the Pakistani and Indian cultures blow it all way out of proportion.

Someone close to my family married a Sayyed guy and he turned out to be a non-religious alcoholic who physically abused his wife. She managed to flee from him, thanks to her rationally thinking father, and now is remarried to a non-Sayyed guy. Just a first hand observation that we are all fallible and the whole Sayyed thing, should be treated with caution. There is a lot of people who claim descent of any sort but in real they aren’t. 

Right. So following your dad's will about marriage is not obligatory?

See I never understood the Shia Pakistani. Claiming to be very hardcore Shia yet very influenced by Hindu religion.

What is this made up “Sayeds only marry Sayed”? Only in Pakistan. Turning religion into social statuses.

Never seen any worldwide Shia get into these things like Pakistanis.

9 hours ago, BowTie said:

See I never understood the Shia Pakistani. Claiming to be very hardcore Shia yet very influenced by Hindu religion.

What is this made up “Sayeds only marry Sayed”? Only in Pakistan. Turning religion into social statuses.

Never seen any worldwide Shia get into these things like Pakistanis.

they are best fighters of Shias as Zainabiyons that in Syria they were elite commandos that even captured ISIS soldiers when they were under heavy attack many people are affected by Hindu culture that even we can see it in eastern &southern regions of Iran but calling influenced from Hindu religion is unfair about them but they had hard access to good Shia scholars because of Pakistan policy about Shias & it's very rare that you see that a Pakistani Shia or Sunni not affected by Indian culture because of Bollywood movies that we can see their influence in eastern cities of Iran like as Zahedan & Sistan and Baloochstan of Iran & Kerman or Bandar Abbas

1 hour ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

they are best fighters of Shias as Zainabiyons that in Syria they were elite commandos that even captured ISIS soldiers when they were under heavy attack many people are affected by Hindu culture that even we can see it in eastern &southern regions of Iran but calling influenced from Hindu religion is unfair about them but they had hard access to good Shia scholars because of Pakistan policy about Shias & it's very rare that you see that a Pakistani Shia or Sunni not affected by Indian culture because of Bollywood movies that we can see their influence in eastern cities of Iran like as Zahedan & Sistan and Baloochstan of Iran & Kerman or Bandar Abbas

Well when you make a caste system and merge it into the Shia faith. I don’t think its Bollywood my friend.

11 minutes ago, BowTie said:

Well when you make a caste system and merge it into the Shia faith. I don’t think its Bollywood my friend.

but Indian culture keeps his influence on them by Bollywood movies that still India through it supports caste system & Pakistan is a new country that separated from India that it's people inherited many practices from Hindus that with all tension between India & Pakistan Bollywood never lose it's importance between them.

On 5/12/2019 at 8:21 AM, tempus said:

[Shakir 9:71] And (as for) the believing men and the believing women, they are guardians of each other; they enjoin good and forbid evil and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, and obey Allah and His Messenger; (as for) these, Allah will show mercy to them; surely Allah is Mighty, Wise.

On 5/11/2019 at 12:04 AM, Resistance107 said:

I think that if you find a syed man who is good according to you, it will be feasible to marry him. Otherwise, you might come across lot of criticism from your family. For the rest, I hope whatever you decide, May Allah (عزّ وجلّ) help you in that for the sake of Ahlebait (عليه السلام).