Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Bakir

Fasting and anxiety

2 hours ago, Syed.Dynasty said:

Salam walaikum 

I used to also have anxiety years ago but never got any professional help as I feared the stigma of anyone knowing. Alhamdolillah I can say I have solid control over it now and it hasn’t been an issue in my life for many many years. All I did was practice deep breathing to slow down my heart rate and relax the mind and body. also did meditations to strengthen my ability to focus and silence the mind and everything changed drastically as I found the ability to control feelings and thoughts Alhamdolillah. Hope this helps.

Definitely. I'm noticing the importance of taking care of yourself, both physically and mentally. I couldnt care less about my health, so anxiety, in some way, has been a good encouragement to start. I'm happy to read that time and exercises do help in overcoming it. One of the main fears I had is to bear these feelings forever :S.

On 5/20/2019 at 12:04 PM, Bakir said:

Definitely. I'm noticing the importance of taking care of yourself, both physically and mentally. I couldnt care less about my health, so anxiety, in some way, has been a good encouragement to start. I'm happy to read that time and exercises do help in overcoming it. One of the main fears I had is to bear these feelings forever :S.

Salam walaikum

Don’t worry brother never despair, Allah will give the ability to help yourself always. Once you silence the mind and strengthen your ability to focus it all goes away and you will start to see everything differently.