Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

Hey guys, I don’t understand how to perform salatul layl. Like I know it’s better to start them at 12 AM. So like, I can pray as much as I like but it should be 2 ruka? And then salam, and then again I can pray it?

I read in one Shia website about it but it was not explained properly.

1 hour ago, Zaid Bin Ali said:

So total is 11 Raka’ah?

Total is 11 rakats, but you can pray just three(shafa + witr) or just witr or 2/4/6/8 rakats regular + shafa + witr, whatever you feel up to.

53 minutes ago, starlight said:

Total is 11 rakats, but you can pray just three(shafa + witr) or just witr or 2/4/6/8 rakats regular + shafa + witr, whatever you feel up to.

Oh I see, thanks for the info. I remember when I was a kid, my neighbor took me to Husaniya and there were ppl prayer a lot. Like 30+ rakats. Like 2 Raka’ah and then salam and then they will start again till they reach 50. I don’t remember why people did it, I thought it was in salatul layl.

13 minutes ago, Zaid Bin Ali said:

Oh I see, thanks for the info. I remember when I was a kid, my neighbor took me to Husaniya and there were ppl prayer a lot. Like 30+ rakats. Like 2 Raka’ah and then salam and then they will start again till they reach 50. I don’t remember why people did it, I thought it was in salatul layl.

That would be some other prayers. Salatal layl (or tahajjud) is 11 rakats and should be prayed until time of Namaze fajr.

http://www.duas.org/tahajjud.htm

Edited by Sirius_Bright

On 5/8/2019 at 11:58 AM, Zaid Bin Ali said:

Sounds like the Sunni bidah of Tarawih. I’m pretty sure you memorised something wrongly as Salatul Layl is 11 rakat, we don’t do 50 rakats in one go during the Ramadan, congregational prayers. 

Edited by OrthodoxTruth

On 5/17/2019 at 8:18 AM, OrthodoxTruth said:

Sounds like the Sunni bidah of Tarawih. I’m pretty sure you memorised something wrongly as Salatul Layl is 11 rakat, we don’t do 50 rakats in one go during the Ramadan, congregational prayers. 

Can you prove it was a Bid'ah beyond the linguistic (rather than technical) statement of "What a good Bid'ah this is!" by Umar?

12 hours ago, Ar.alhindi said:

Can you prove it was a Bid'ah beyond the linguistic (rather than technical) statement of "What a good Bid'ah this is!" by Umar?

On 5/7/2019 at 10:06 PM, Diaz said:

Hey guys, I don’t understand how to perform salatul layl. Like I know it’s better to start them at 12 AM. So like, I can pray as much as I like but it should be 2 ruka? And then salam, and then again I can pray it?

I read in one Shia website about it but it was not explained properly.

Best explanation I have seen

38 minutes ago, Ar.alhindi said:

Out of curiosity, what is the grading of the chain according to your scholars?

I don’t understand your question but I ring it from trustable & well known  sites although it doesn’t mention the chain 

maybe it be helpful

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

20 hours ago, Ar.alhindi said:

If an infallible Imam would of introduce a religious custom and new theological belief unknown at the time of, and even in opposition to the Prophetic teachings, you people would of yell yearly; “Rafida Ramadan’s bidah!”, but when a fallible person that you revere did so, it became a normative, widely accepted religious custom among you lot. It is called hypocrisy. The burden of proof is upon you to prove that the tarawih bidah is not a bidah, and not upon me to prove that it is, when Umar himself called it as such. Seems like some of the sahaba grew in rank with the Prophets for you people, their words became religion. 

On 5/25/2019 at 5:33 PM, Syed Ali Mehdi Shah Naqvi said:

Well which hadiths would you like to quote to prove tarawih in jama'at?

The very same Hadith which mentions Umar joining them under one Imam - they were already praying in scattered groups around the Masjid which proves that he didn't do anything other than unify them as one group. 

The other Hadith I would mention is the Hadith where the Prophet SAW led the people in the night prayer a few times but on the last night he did not come out lest it become obligatory upon the Muslims. This shows that praying as a group at night was an acceptable Sunnah but not obligatory.

On 6/3/2019 at 11:30 PM, Ar.alhindi said:

The very same Hadith which mentions Umar joining them under one Imam - they were already praying in scattered groups around the Masjid which proves that he didn't do anything other than unify them as one group. 

The other Hadith I would mention is the Hadith where the Prophet SAW led the people in the night prayer a few times but on the last night he did not come out lest it become obligatory upon the Muslims. This shows that praying as a group at night was an acceptable Sunnah but not obligatory.

I will need to mention hadiths again.
Lets go with a "SAHIH" book again:

Bukhari Book 32 hadith 229 (You used to prove Prophet left it becuase of it could've become wajib for people)

Narrated 'Urwa:

That he was informed by 'Aisha, "Allah's Apostle went out in the middle of the night and prayed in the mosque and some men prayed behind him. In the morning, the people spoke about it and then a large number of them gathered and prayed behind him (on the second night). In the next morning the people again talked about it and on the third night the mosque was full with a large number of people. Allah's Apostle came out and the people prayed behind him. On the fourth night the Mosque was overwhelmed with people and could not accommodate them, but the Prophet came out (only) for the morning prayer. When the morning prayer was finished he recited Tashah-hud and (addressing the people) said, "Amma ba'du, your presence was not hidden from me but I was afraid lest the night prayer (Qiyam) should be enjoined on you and you might not be able to carry it on." So, Allah's Apostle died and the situation remained like that (I.e. people prayed individually). "

Leave what's written in braces.
We see in hadith Rasool (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) prayed one night people came behind.
In 2nd night people prayed.
4th night Rasool (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) didnt come.

The next morning Rasool (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم), that he knew people were present therefore he didn't come because he knew it could've become wajib for people.
We read in hadith onwards that till the death of Rasool (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) (nasbi wording quoted) situation remained like that.
On 4th night Rasool (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) didn't attend that prayer in congregation and till he left this world, situation remained like that.
Even sahabi knows Rasool (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) left that prayer in congregation thus abrogation of this prayer (In congregation) is present in this hadith.

What do you say about it?
When Rasool (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) stopped something, you people still intend to continue? 

But no! NO WAY!
I AM JUST TWISTING THINGS UP RIGHT?
READ ANOTHER SAHIH BUKHARI HADITH!

Bukhari Book 73 hadith 134 

Narrated Zaid bin Thabit:

Allah's Apostle made a small room (with a palm leaf mat). Allah's Apostle came out (of his house) and prayed in it. Some men came and joined him in his prayer. Then again the next night they came for the prayer, but Allah's Apostle delayed and did not come out to them. So they raised their voices and knocked the door with small stones (to draw his attention). He came out to them in a state of anger, saying, "You are still insisting (on your deed, I.e. Tarawih prayer in the mosque) that I thought that this prayer (Tarawih) might become obligatory on you. So you people, offer this prayer at your homes, for the best prayer of a person is the one which he offers at home, except the compulsory (congregational) prayer."

Rasool (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) came out in state of anger and told everyone to pray that prayer in their homes!
So today you continue to invoke the anger of Rasool (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) by praying in jama'at (congregation) 
Its Order of Rasool (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) to pray at your homes and abrogation of this order in going to mosque and praying (so called tarawih) in congregation!

What would you like to say now?

Edited by Syed Ali Mehdi Shah Naqvi