Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Isaam

Evolution in Islam

https://medium.com/@johnhawks/how-much-evidence-have-scientists-found-for-human-evolution-355801dfd35c

according to many article human evolution has occurred. I mean we all know dinosaurs and stuff existed, but what about this type of evolution?? 

A lot of Muslims say we should reject evolution but how can we reject it if there is proof for it? 

Please help me out (I’m sorry for all my questions)

Insha'Allah this may be of some use. Just be patient with the subtitles, they are a bit incoherent at times.

Edited by aaaz1618

On 5/7/2019 at 3:40 PM, Isaam said:

https://medium.com/@johnhawks/how-much-evidence-have-scientists-found-for-human-evolution-355801dfd35c

according to many article human evolution has occurred. I mean we all know dinosaurs and stuff existed, but what about this type of evolution?? 

A lot of Muslims say we should reject evolution but how can we reject it if there is proof for it? 

Salams

I think that it is appropriate for Muslims (and their religious scholars) to stay away from subject matters that are beyond their comprehension. It makes things worse, in fact, embarrassing, when they pretend or try to know & preach material facts of life in light of solely "religious evidence". Simultaneously, I prefer to remain open minded to any counter explanation (for e.g. against evolution) that is reasonable. 

On 5/7/2019 at 11:40 PM, Isaam said:

It is true 

Evolution is true 

its God directed evolution 

Im a biologist and believe me there is no contradiction between Evolution and Islam

I quote:

Chapter (24) sūrat l-nūr (The Light)

24_45.png

Allah has created every [living] creature from water. And of them are those that move on their bellies, and of them are those that walk on two legs, and of them are those that walk on four. Allah creates what He wills. Indeed, Allah is over all things competent.

Also I want to add in many places in Qur'an Allay says we created you in stages like in womb so this verses confirm and are in complete harmony on creation of man. For example, big bang , life from water, stages. Connect the dots it makes sense!

Not only this you can watch youtube videos 

Have Muslims misunderstood evolution 

Edited by Noor Taleb

Hamza Tzortiz and Subboor Ahmad have explained this excellently in the past. 

And many, many, many other videos. Check out the "Darwinian Delusions" channel by br. Subboor and also ANYTHING that br. Tzortiz puts out. Hamza Tzortiz is the only person on "Muslim Central" that I listen to.

I have lately read a book titled "The Greatest Show on Earth" by Richard Dawkins and I found the book very interesting. I personally don't consider explicit mismatch between religious scriptures and evolution as a problem as I believe, in a personal level, that religious scriptures are not directly aiming to explain how all species have been existed. I have written a short review about the book here: The Greatest Show on Earth - Review

@Noor Taleb al-Bari -(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). is at 59:24, If you check the Quranic dictionary, bah-ra-hamza is used for Creator and Inventor. We viewed with other Revealed Attributes of Allah -(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). several sources use the Attribute 'Evolver'.

@Galvanized Love l recognize Dawkins from a few years ago. His pronouncements are a little off-the-wall.

7 hours ago, Galvanized Love said:

@hasanhh What did you exactly find of-the-wall about Dawkins' pronouncements?

As l wrote, this was several years ago during another ShiaChat debate. l remember watching a video and reading reviews of his publications.

The impression that l retain is of someone with no real thought behind his rhetoric.

Compare such self-publicizing clowns with the few comments on ShiaChat and ask, "Who has done more thinking?"

Now here is a Q for you:

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 6:04 AM, Galvanized Love said:

I have lately read a book titled "The Greatest Show on Earth" by Richard Dawkins and I found the book very interesting. I personally don't consider explicit mismatch between religious scriptures and evolution as a problem as I believe, in a personal level, that religious scriptures are not directly aiming to explain how all species have been existed. I have written a short review about the book here: The Greatest Show on Earth - Review

Whether Qur'an or Bible, what is 'missing' from the Beginning stories?

Just now, hasanhh said:

Theism and Evolution are two, distinct models that exclude each other.

Really? how come. Couldn't evolution just be the way God does it?  I mean maybe he thought; "lets see what happens if we give the saber-tooth tiger longer teeth" or something? Everything needn't be finished in 6 days.

5 hours ago, Revert1963 said:

Couldn't evolution just be the way God does it? 

Even though al-Bari is one of the revealed attributes of Allah -(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). , al-Bari is not described anymore than the Ruh is. Therefore the sin is inventing. See 4:50 and 6:93. In 5:103, the names of idols are used, which warns about using made up associations.