Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

The Shia community in the Netherlands suddenly changed the calculation method of the prayer times (switching to the Islamic istitute of hamburg) and fajr is halfway through Ramadan at 2:00 am now (it would have been 3:11 on the same day with the old calculation method) So I wondered how long do you guys fast and where do you live. And I was questioning who do I have to follow cause according to the local (Shia) mosque fajr would still be at 3:11 but the majority of the Shia community agreed on the calculation method of hamburg :cry:.

What do you mean? When you change the calculation method, a couple of minutes change. But an hour and 11 minutes? 

I think theres something wrong or you have misunderstood 

3 minutes ago, BowTie said:

What do you mean? When you change the calculation method, a couple of minutes change. But an hour and 11 minutes? 

I think theres something wrong or you have misunderstood 

I wish I misunderstood something brother

there was no timetable for my city but my friend from a city named Groningen sent me the timetable that his masjid gave him and it too differs an hour. I will post the image when I figure out how to do that :)

:ws:

The one that’s written with the hand is the one from his mosque and the other is the one with the new calculation method 

https://m.imgur.com/NL7zd0h (new method)

https://m.imgur.com/ZpsTxdP (old method)

look at the blue marked day notice that fajr on the hand written one is on the right.

:ws:

55 minutes ago, Lebanese313 said:

I figured out they used the tool on this site http://en.izhamburg.de/ could you try it for yourself and tell me if it was accurate for your city?

I am not EU/NL/DE, but on that website for Hamburg, Germany it says 2:41, not 2:00. For Groningen, Netherlands it says 3:01.

So, it's only a 20 minute difference.

Edited by AmirioTheMuzzy

1 hour ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

I am not EU/NL/DE, but on that website for Hamburg, Germany it says 2:41, not 2:00. For Groningen, Netherlands it says 3:01.

So, it's only a 20 minute difference.

I wasn’t looking at the times of today, did you brother? And else that would be the mistake.

29 minutes ago, Lebanese313 said:

I wasn’t looking at the times of today, did you brother? And else that would be the mistake.

My apologies. I misunderstood the question. On May 20, Hamburg is 1:16 imsak / 1:46 fajr, Gronigen is 1:30 imsak / 2:00 fajr

I have no clue who you should follow, but personally I would go with the local mosque's timings, keep an eye out though they might also change it to Institute of Hamburg.

Owghat_Germany_Hamburg.pdf

Edit: I will add the other attachment for Gronigen.

Edited by AmirioTheMuzzy

On 5/6/2019 at 10:28 AM, Lebanese313 said:

And I was questioning who do I have to follow cause according to the local (Shia) mosque fajr would still be at 3:11 but the majority of the Shia community agreed on the calculation method of hamburg :cry:.

In Maryland (United States) we fast from around 4:25ish to 8:30ish

2 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

5:30am to 5:50pm

Almost the same here. My daily fast is for 12 hours -/+. 

23 minutes ago, OrthodoxTruth said:

Almost the same here. My daily fast is for 12 hours -/+. 

Wherever you guys live you are so lucky if it was 12 hours for me I wouldn’t even feel a difference of not eating. In America the sun is up most of the day in summer. In winter it’s only up for 10-12ish hours

Edited by Isaam

11 hours ago, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

Who are you exactly talking about?
The Shia's in the Netherlands are not all together in the same centers if any

@ahlulbayt4iedereen on instagram posted something about it and on their post you can see the centers that accepted this timetable calculation method thing

10 hours ago, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

Can you share the link please or picture of the post?

I don't know if you know dutch I can translate it . Under the timetable on the pic is written :

On the 4th of May 2019 there was a gathering between the board members of the Islamic and cultural centers of the Netherlands, clergymen an scientists in the cultural centrum Ahlul-Bayt((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)). In this gathering the subject of the prayer times of the holy month of Ramadan was specially studied. At the end of the gathering the Islamic and cultural centers agreed to use the prayertimes that are published by the Islamic center of Hamburg

10 hours ago, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

@Lebanese313 Do you think this is reliable? How can there be around 3 hours between Fajr and sunrise?
Do you think I should follow this?

I don’t follow it because my local mosque and the mosque in groningen didn’t want to follow it. According to them it’s impossible for fajr to be that early. So just put your trust in Allah if you’re convinced then follow it if not then stick to the old calculation method.

ws

On 5/13/2019 at 12:42 AM, IbnSina said:

Today it was 01:15 AM to 09:15 PM. But I know some guys also do it to 09:45 PM here as well.

:salam:

01:15 am is so early... May Allah ease your hardship and raise you in taqwa.