Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ruqaya101

TAQWA IN RAMADHAAN

what are ways that you increase your taqwa during Ramadan.

what deeds do you try to do during the day and even after iftar. 

could be the smallest mustahab deeds, or good deeds in general, such as saying bismillah and reading Qur'an everyday?

what does your day of Ramadan usually go like?

Alhamdulilah, 

One should do Constant remembrance (Zikr) of Allah.

Doing any type of good deeds is multiplied by Allah no Matter how small you might think the deed to be. 

According to the Holy Imams everything has a spring season and Ramadhan is the spring season for the Holy Qur'an. So we should try and recite as much as possible. If you can recite the entire Qur'an during Ramadhan you should make effort do so. There is much reward in doing so. 

Some people might not like to talk about the good deeds they do, because as Muslims inspiring to be true mu’mineen, It is more pious to do good deeds for Allah’s pleasure and not for admiration from others and at the same trying not to be too proud about yourself of the deeds you do. 

But it’s is ok to do good deeds publicly  or secretly. 

If we have any hopes of having taqwa, we need to make sure we fulfill all our duties (as in wajibats) the proper way. It's important to study Islamic laws and those ones which specifically relate to our daily life.

Also staying away from sins is probably better than doing the recommended good deeds. 

One good deed I can think of is by helping a fellow mu'min break his fast. Even if you simply offer one date to your friend, the rewards are a lot. So yeah,I'll keep some dates in my pocket and will always offer it to my friends at uni lol (inshallah).

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

people, as to those among you who behave politely in this month, they shall be permitted to pass the Discriminating Bridge (sirat) on the day when many feet will slip (I.e. the Resurrection Day). As to those among you who relieve their servants from a part of their jobs, Almighty Allah shall make easy for them the interrogation on the Resurrection Day. As to those who stop bothering the others, Almighty Allah shall save them from His ire on the day when they shall meet Him. As to those who honor an orphan in this month, Almighty Allah shall honor them on the day when they will meet Him. As to those who keep good ties with their relatives in this month, Almighty Allah will keep good ties with them through His mercy on the day when they will meet Him. On the other hand, as to those who rupture their relations with their relatives in this month, Almighty Allah will prevent them from receiving His mercy on the day when they will meet Him. As to those who voluntarily offer a prayer in this month, Almighty Allah will release them from Hellfire. As to those who perform a religious rite in this month, they shall be given the reward of performing seventy religious rites in other months. As to those who very frequently invoke Almighty Allah’s blessings upon me in this month, Almighty Allah shall make their scales heavy (I.e. full of good deeds) when the others’ scales will be light (I.e. lacking good deeds). As to those who recite a single verse of the Qur’an in this month, they shall have the reward of one who has recited the whole Qur’an in other months.

Guest theObserver

there is an actual hadith where (I can’t remember) either the Prophet or Imam Ali was asked what is the best action to do in the month of Ramadhan that has the greatest reward and leads to highest gains in faith etc and the answer was "don’t sin" so if you can manage to not do any of the great sins during this month you would have attained the greatest reward there is too attain during this month , but its harder than it sound, in fact it sounds very easy , but far from it

https://www.Sistani.org/english/archive/25240/

First: It is necessary to truly believe in God, the Glorified, and in the Hereafter. Never neglect this belief. It is proven by clear evidence and decreed by the straight path. Every creature in this world –if man can explore its depths– is a novel production that attests to an omnipotent maker and a mighty creator. The messages of God have come incessantly through His Prophets to remind mankind of this fact and to indicate that this life –as He planned it- is in fact an arena in which He tests His servants to see who is best in conduct. A person who is blind to the existence of God and the Hereafter would not know the meaning of this life, its horizons, and its aftermath, and would be walking in darkness. Therefore, maintain your belief and make it the most important and the most precious of your belongings. Try to increase your certainty of it, make it present with you at all times, and preserve it with strong foresight and penetrating vision.

On 5/6/2019 at 8:30 PM, Ruqaya101 said:

what are ways that you increase your taqwa during Ramadan.

what deeds do you try to do during the day and even after iftar. 

could be the smallest mustahab deeds, or good deeds in general, such as saying bismillah and reading Qur'an everyday?

what does your day of Ramadan usually go like?

My normal Ramadan routine is after suhoor I’d read Qur'an and then pray fajr, make tasbeeh and read dua then I go back to sleep lol