Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Isaam

Do you think Allah made people like Apostate Prophet on YouTube to try to test us?

Rate this topic

Ridvan Aydemir, astaghfirullah, where do I begin with that guy?

I don't know if Allah made people like him to test us, I personally see Ridvan as very much responsible for his own stupid choices, and if Muslims and others take his word, they are equally stupid. I have watched and read his stuff, it's no better than any other half educated hater that studies under Sheikh Google ibn Wikipedia ibn Islamqa. Just do what I did and report him, I (along with others) brought down some of his content as a result, I think his entire Instagram at one point, he made out like he'd been 'Zucked' and focused on YouTube. I don't know if he changed his mind. The guy has nothing better to do, but I guess he must get paid through YouTube.

3 hours ago, aaaz1618 said:

if Muslims and others take his word, they are equally stupId.

You are right. He posted a video about the Kaaba and said (pretty sure) false information about it.

On 5/6/2019 at 5:03 AM, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

Evangelicals, Athiests, Zionists, Hindu nationalists all united together

So basically the dissatisfied attendees of a televised Zakir Naik event then? That has got to be the most ironic conveyor belt ever, you come to ask Zakir Naik a question and be entertained by his fountains of knowledge and end up being entertained by Ridvan Aydemir and his fountains of knowledge :liar:

Guest Itsme

Why can't we accept some people are just misguided and follow their desires, including their intellectual desires of what they want to be true, and what world view they want to see? Some people are misguided and may truly feel they are doing the "right" thing, and trying to liberate humanity from the grasp of ignorance and dogma, and some of what they may say may be worth reflecting over, but in reality, underlying this quest is ego and pursuit of their own subjective intellectual assessment of the world which is twisted because of various factors including ego.

Shaytaan disobeyed God because he did not rationalise why God would make him, a loyal devoted and to his estimation, superior creature submit to one he deemed inferior to him. Underlying this all was his pride, but who knows if he is convinced his crusade against us is the "right" thing by his own subjective estimation. 

We need to stop looking at human beings - or creatures - as black or white realities, and adopt more nuanced and balanced perspectives. 

On 5/6/2019 at 1:12 AM, aaaz1618 said:

Ridvan as very much responsible for his own stupid choices, and if Muslims and others take his word, they are equally stupid

have you seen this video? What’s your opinion on it? It seems mostly false to me.

On 5/6/2019 at 11:05 AM, Isaam said:

have you seen this video? What’s your opinion on it? It seems mostly false to me.

1.) He used the Bible to discredit the Qur'an. Something that no intelligent historian would do.

2.) Even Roman historians made things up, why does he think that historians from the year 600 wouldn't?

3.) He ignores political, cultural, religious bias, sorry, let me reword that... He ignores all bias except the bias we as Muslims have, as though Christians never had political, culturally or religiously charged motives behind their depictions of society e.g. Arab societies

4.) He claims pre-Islamic Arabs did not value literature, so pre-Islamic history is forgotten and the Islamic interpretations are somehow forced. If that was so, how would historians know about... You guessed it, pre-Islamic Arabia? 

5.) He used the Bible to discredit the Qur'an. The same Bible that has bits added to the Gospel, the same Bible that has a whole chapter about the dreams of some apostle that are taken as revelation, despite the fact it was never written by said apostle, despite apostles not receiving revelation anywhere else.

The same Bible that talks about several cubit high giants and about places that historians argue have no origin pre-Christian tradition... and that last point is why Ridvan Aydemir's video falls as the first hurdle, yet his followers are so engrossed in an ex-Muslim taking blows at his former religion and doing so openly (that is why people like him, he has courage to be an apostate, that courage has nothing to do with living in a secular country by any chance? Hardly courageous.) 

I'll listen to historians using historical evidence that is credible. I won't listen to am obviously hard done by ex-whatever using historically inaccurate texts to try and suggest something is historically inaccurate. Nobody else in any other field would be taken seriously if they did that, poor accountants using their poor accountancy to prove why their rival firm has poor accountancy... 

He then does his spiel and says 'stay away from Islam', makes me laugh how these people once they leave a way of life, once they get their girlfriend (he has one can you believe), once they live in their cosy homes in their high society country, that they preach from their tower of messages of freedom of religion, of thought of speech and end it with 'stay away from (insert concept that said speaker has bias against). Makes them sound like a pantomime joke... But he has a right to say what he thinks, and we have a right not to listen because we believe he is talking nonsense.

That's my two pence on the matter.

32 minutes ago, aaaz1618 said:

He then does his spiel and says 'stay away from Islam', makes me laugh how these people once they leave a way of life, once they get their girlfriend (he has one can you believe),

True. In the comments people say “Thanks because now I’m an Ex-Muslim” if you get persuaded that easily you must be a fool. His others videos were trash and did not make much sense either.

Just now, Isaam said:

Yea, and before that he was a terrorist

Well then, not even atheists should take inspiration from the guy.

I do chuckle when communists get holier than thou about religion being violent and barbarian. Not forgetting their icons were murdering and starving people within the last century for simply disagreeing with their philosophy.

21 minutes ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

I wonder if AP responded to this.

Extremely poorly. He had a comment in the comments section, although I can no longer find it.

20 hours ago, aaaz1618 said:

So basically the dissatisfied attendees of a televised Zakir Naik event then? That has got to be the most ironic conveyor belt ever, you come to ask Zakir Naik a question and be entertained by his fountains of knowledge and end up being entertained by Ridvan Aydemir and his fountains of knowledge :liar:

Salam Zakir Naik is completly a show man with low level of knowledge also an enemy of of Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) & Yazid (la) supporter & admirer that completely corrupted way of Mr..deedat with Wahhabism/Salafism spreading between new converts & young generations that were looking for a point to return to Islam but he leads them to Wahhabsim & Salafism

37 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam Zakir Naik is completly a show man with low level of knowledge also an enemy of of Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) & Yazid (la) supporter & admirer that completely corrupted way of Mr...deedat with Wahhabism/Salafism spreading between new converts & young generations that were looking for a point to return to Islam but he leads them to Wahhabsim & Salafism

I remember a well known speech Ahmad Deedat did on Sunni-Shia unity which was mostly aimed at Sunnis for being ignorant and looking down at Shias.

1 hour ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam Zakir Naik is completly a show man with low level of knowledge also an enemy of of Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) & Yazid (la) supporter & admirer that completely corrupted way of Mr...deedat with Wahhabism/Salafism spreading between new converts & young generations that were looking for a point to return to Islam but he leads them to Wahhabsim & Salafism

I know brother, I was being sarcastic about the fountains of knowledge bit. People erroneously trust his judgement because he is a doctor, forgetting he is a doctor in medicine not in religion or comparative religious studies. There is a video on YouTube where a guy highlights all the errors Zakir makes in one video, I think there is 25-30, but the people in the conference room are cheering him on! They know no better, and he knows that. That's why you'll never see him giving talks in countries like Canada or Britain.

Though with his recent charges, doesn't look like he'll be doing much either way.

Guest Hassan

Lol, all I can say is that is one ugly individual - inside and out- and probably has an inferiority complex -as do many individuals like him- and probably feels that in order to fulfill the socio-economic gap he carries, resorts to insulting a whole religion - not doing a very academically good job at it, may I add - and through that get some fulfilment in life.

We should, -if anything- feel sad for people like him.

Guest Itsme
1 hour ago, Guest Hassan said:

Lol, all I can say is that is one ugly individual - inside and out- and probably has an inferiority complex -as do many individuals like him- and probably feels that in order to fulfill the socio-economic gap he carries, resorts to insulting a whole religion - not doing a very academically good job at it, may I add - and through that get some fulfilment in life.

We shouldn't abuse and resort to low insults on someones physical appearance or socioeconomic situation. 

Guest Red
On 5/7/2019 at 5:08 AM, Ron_Burgundy said:

He doesn't know anything. 

Sadly he doesn't realize it. 

Guest Red
20 hours ago, Guest Hassan said:

I agree, he's incredibly narcissistic. 

His work is trash academically, just mere thumbnail-level hit-pieces. 

Ideally in the future people would be less gullible to follow people like him, but then Islamopobia is at an all-time high at the moment.

On 5/6/2019 at 2:12 AM, aaaz1618 said:

Ridvan Aydemir, astaghfirullah, where do I begin with that guy?

Him, David wood and Arabian Prophet are all prescribed by the word astifurallah 

On 5/6/2019 at 1:21 PM, Isaam said:

Do you think Allah made people like Apostate Prophet on YouTube to try to test us? Like we try not to fall for his lies.

Actually yes I think, it challenges Muslims to get back into being intellectually fit and stronger in one's knowledge. It also teaches us to understand fallacies, rhetoric and conjecture - all of which are the only thing fools like Apostate Prophet have to go from (aside from free promotion through youtube). 

When it comes to youtube and polemics, we also have to be fully aware that "there is nothing new under the sun". Don't be intimidated, Islam has been around for 1400 years, these people are not innovative or groundbreaking, they're just getting big audiences with people who have severely limited knowledge of Islam, theology, philosophy, history and Fiqh etc. 

But channels like his obviously appeal to exmuslims who need self-validation, Atheists and Christians (of the evangelical type usually), it doesn't however leave a single scratch on Islamic intellectual and scientific tradition whatsoever. He's practically a child in a playhouse. 

Channels like his should actually motivate the exact opposite of what it promotes, which is: stronger knowledge of Islam by Muslims, stronger understanding of debating strategies (and how fallacies, rhetoric and conjecture work), Hadith analysis, theology, philosophy, anthropology, socio-economic-politics, terrorism, etc how it all works and the context of applying what Islamic intellectualism has already known for hundreds and hundreds of years, towards the postmodern world of social media and clickbait polemics. 

Really brothers and sisters, as Muslims we should be owning it, there is nothing worse than a Muslim who doesn't understand their own Din.

Edited by HakimPtsid