Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
aaaz1618

Christian Persecution almost 'at Genocide Levels' - Agree or disagree?

Rate this topic

https://www.bbc.co.United Kingdom/news/United Kingdom-48146305

Is this report accurate in its suggestions, or somewhat off the mark?

Murder of innocents is, blatantly wrong, and to have to still be saying that in the 21st century is beyond shamful.

I would be interested to know whether the media have ever used the word 'genocide' when reporting the Muslim-on-Muslim killings.

Christian people actually are people of the book and if they respect the state they don't have to be persecuted however some Christian communities mentionned in the article are in this situation because of zionist and western policies (Iraq Palestine). Also as a Muslim I am more concerned about persecution made nowadays against Muslims (Myanmar China). 

7 minutes ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

Christian people actually are people of the book and if they respect the state they don't have to be persecuted however some Christian communities mentionned in the article are in this situation because of zionist and western policies (Iraq Palestine). Also as a Muslim I am more concerned about persecution made nowadays against Muslims (Myanmar China). 

Without doubt, we must not forget our brothers and sisters around the world. 

Salam , Christians & Muslims we’re living for centuries in peace with each other ,except foreign forces tried to bring war between them that first time it was crusaders that in name of Christianity put them against each other ,that in our era it’s done indirectly by ISIS & it’s fans & directly by evangelist missionaries that Britain ,specially BBC Persian just covers evangelist as Christians in ME as Christians & rest of Christians will suffer from their false propaganda that causes enmity between Christians & Muslims that they are targeting Shia countries of Iran & Iraq because by Iran law evangelist can’t propagate or absorb people in their cult but they are doing it & in any type of their confrontation with law ,BBC reports it as attacking to Christianity  & in high degree censors other Christians like as Armenians & Assyrians in Iraq & Iran also evangelist are very active in field of absorbing people to themselves in tourist attracting countries like as Sri Lanka & Wahhabists as their twins are with them everywhere that Wahhabists are have role of spreading terror to show evangelist as peaceful ones that after barbaric actions of Wahhabist they absorb all Christian branches to themselves in name of protecting them 

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

Greetings. I am a Christian. As it seems like we are living in the End Times spoken of by the Prophet Daniel, I've been reading often in the Bible book of Revelation. I am not surprised by increasing persecution of Christians, but I am surprised and deeply saddened by the persecution of Muslims. I read this morning...

9 If anyone has an ear, let him hear:
10 If anyone is to be taken captive, to captivity he goes; if anyone is to be slain with the sword, with the sword must he be slain. Here is a call for the endurance and faith of the saints.  - Revelation 13:9-10

I also think genocide is a possibility. Daniel prophesied...

23 And at the latter end of their kingdom, when the transgressors have reached their limit, a king of bold face, one who understands riddles, shall arise.
24 His power shall be great-but not by his own power; and he shall cause fearful destruction and shall succeed in what he does, and destroy mighty men and the people who are the saints.
25 By his cunning he shall make deceit prosper under his hand, and in his own mind he shall become great. Without warning he shall destroy many. And he shall even rise up against the Prince of princes, and he shall be broken-but by no human hand. - Daniel 8:23-25

Peace and blessings!

They always say that they are persecuted, and although it is true in case of Pakistan, Iraq, Syria, Egypt at the hands of Wahhabi terrorists, there isn’t anywhere any massively, state organised persecution of Christians except in “Saudi” Arabia (close Western ally), China (cracks down on ALL religions) and North Korea  (cracks down on ALL religions). Meanwhile, Shia Muslims are not only actively persecuted by the non-state and state actors (many times both in collusion) in all 50 “Muslim” states, we also have to deal with Islamophobia in the West. Christians can always flee to the West and carry with their lives like pretty much nothing had happened, Shia Muslims on the other hand live their entire lives in stress and worse, be it in the West or the East. It’s worth remembering. 

Christianity is under attack, as are all religions, but it's Christianity's turn. Genocide is not a foreign term to Christianity. The "Church" has lost credibility and has become a mockery, and in doing so has caused it's own form of genocide/suicide. We think of genocide as blatant violent eradication, but that's only the obvious.

You don't hear as much about atheism as you used to, the new movement is secularism. Secularism is worse than atheism. In the case of atheism the argument is that there is no God. With secularism they don't care if there's a God or not. Nothing is sacred, history is a lie, everything that was wholesome is now taboo. Secularism gives everything a new spin. Christianity dies a slow death. 

Christians are now looking around wondering what happened. They have no rights. In Quebec they can't show any religious symbols, not even on a chain. They have no right to stand up against immorality, LGBTQrstuvwxyz.  We're watching a generation grow up that knows that food comes through a cell phone and they can be whatever they want to be. When responsibility rears it's ugly head, they'll cry discrimination. I'm not sure how my grandchildren are going to get through this. 

American Pastor after participating in Arbaeen Pilgrimage: I went there and I never felt safer

International

clock.svg 2018-12-08

Pastor John Shuck of Southminster Presbyterian Church of Beaverton has returned from the pilgrimage of a lifetime — the Arbaeen.

Shuck described his journey at a Washington County Public Affairs Forum on Monday, Dec. 3.

"This is the largest peaceful religious gathering in recorded history," Shuck said. "Yet most people in America have never even heard of it."

"It means that every place and every day has its moments of injustice, but the call to respond is to say "I am with you, Hussein.' This is about who will stand for justice, regardless of religion."

Source: Beaverton Valley Times

American Pastor after participating in Arbaeen Pilgrimage: I went there and I never felt saferAmerican Pastor after participating in Arbaeen Pilgrimage: I went there and I never felt safer

http://imamhussain.org/english/intl/23303

We watched the 29 minute documentary film, “For Love of Hussain ((عليه السلام).)” that Josh Townsley and I made about our trip to Iraq for Arbaeen last Fall. The trip was sponsored by the Husayniah Islamic Society of Seattle but the content of the film is entirely ours. Views expressed in the film are mine and do not reflect the views of any individual participant or group. I conducted the interviews, wrote the script, and provided the narration. Josh filmed all the footage and edited the final product.

We plan to add Arabic script to the film soon for our many thousands of friends in Iraq and throughout the Middle East.

https://www.southmin.org/multimedia-archive/for-love-of-hussain-a-s/

For love of Hussain ((عليه السلام).)

Howard Conklin Baskerville (10 April 1885 – 19 April 1909) was an American teacher in the American Memorial School in Tabriz (a Presbyterian mission school in TabrizIran) who was killed fighting for Iranian democracy during the Persian Constitutional Revolution. He has been called the "American Lafayette of Iran." (J. Lorentz)

HBaskerville.jpg

Baskerville was born in North Platte, Nebraska, and was raised in the Black Hills. Both his father and grandfather were Presbyterian ministers. He graduated in 1907 from Princeton University, where, in addition to studying religion and boxing, he took two courses with Woodrow Wilson (Jurisprudence and Constitutional Government).[

He has been quoted as saying, "The only difference between me and these people is my place of birth, and this is not a big difference." Baskerville's funeral was attended by thousands, where he was eulogized by Iranian patriots. He was buried in the Christian Armenian cemetery in Tabriz. Tabriz fell to the besiegers five days after Baskerville's death.[4]

In a speech at the funeral ceremony, Hassan Taqizadeh described him as:[5]

"Young America, in the person of young Baskerville, gave this sacrifice to the young Constitution of Iran,..."

Persian carpet with his picture woven on it was made by the carpet weavers of Tabriz and meant to be sent to Baskerville's mother in America (but was never sent) in recognition of his courage and sacrifice.

Legacy[edit]

220px-Carpet_of_Baskerville.jpg

Baskerville picture woven on it was made by the carpet weavers of Tabriz Constitution House of Tabriz

Baskerville always remained an exception in relation between Iran and United States even when the relationship was at its worst stage. In December 1979, during the hostage crisis when a group of American clergymen visited Tehran to soften the relationship. During the group's visit of a mosque, a middle-aged Iranian got up and asked: "Where are the American Baskervilles of today?"[6]

Many Iranian nationalists revere Baskerville. Schools and streets in Iran have been named for him.[7] People visit his grave freely. A "mysterious admirer" is reported "regularly" to place "yellow roses" on his grave.[8]

There is a bust of him in Tabriz's Constitution House bearing the legend "Howard C. Baskerville— Patriot and Maker of History".

See also[edit]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Baskerville

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

Disagree. If you mean by "genocide" the systematic killing of Christians by a government. However, persecution is on the rise against Christians but not by Muslims but secular people. 

There is no systematic persecution of Christians in Muslim-dominated countries. Iran, Oman, Lebanon, etc. do not have Christians living in oppression. In fact, Christians have rights and protections in those countries. Even in Wahhabi dominated Arab countries (like KSA or Qatar) Christians are not persecuted. Only in those places where extremist Salafism is practiced are Christians persecuted and even killed off...but then again in those places even non-Salafi Muslims and other religious people are killed off for not submitting to Salafi doctrine. 

The Babylon Movement (Arabicحركة بابليون‎), is an ethnic Chaldean political party situated in Iraq that was founded in 2014

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babylon_Movement

Chaldean flag is used by Babylon Brigade.Rayan AlKildani: If it wasn’t for the Hashd AlShaabi, Daesh would be in Baghdad

Hashd Al Shaabi Bring Christian family back to their home

A group of Iraqi Christians called the "Babylon Brigade" have formed their own militia and banded together against the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), saying the Bible justifies their act of taking up arms to protect Christians.

Babylon Brigade's leader Rayan al-Kildani told BBC in an interview that the group has no choice except to take up arms and defend Christians being targeted by ISIS. He also revealed that the 100,000-strong militia was formed in 2014 when ISIS began advancing through north and west Iraq.

"I know the Bible says that if you get hit on one cheek you should offer the other. But we have really good defense forces now. No one is going to do anything bad to the Christians," said Kildani, as quoted by The Gospel Herald. "Some Christians had their homes taken over. I have personally been to those houses to tell the new people living there to get out. Christian suffering is over," he added.

When quizzed about the sixth commandment in the Bible forbidding a person to kill, Kildani quoted Luke 22:36 from the Bible, citing Jesus' order to go out and buy a sword.

https://www.christiandaily.com/article/babylon-brigade-Iraqi-Christian-fighters-quote-bible-to-justify-fight-against-isis/51295.htm

Edited by Ashvazdanghe