Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

In this case, it's a complete knee jerk reaction. I don't remember that terrorist wearing a niqab and walking into the church.

I don't disagree entirely with regulating things, but it has to be specific to security and it has to be a wide ban not just on niqab, but any form of wear that could cover identifiable facial features, including sunglasses and baseball caps. I don't see the laws including hats and sunglasses, it's very much balaclavas, motorbike helmets and niqabs. People don't walk around in balaclavas unless they are bank robbers and people generally know by now to take helmets off, so really, the law is just targeting niqabis. An easy target really, women, "oppressed women" (their words not mine).

Much harder to stop people from wearing Ray-Bans and Nike caps, but these are just as serious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aaaz1618 said:

In this case, it's a complete knee jerk reaction. I don't remember that terrorist wearing a niqab and walking into the church.

I don't disagree entirely with regulating things, but it has to be specific to security and it has to be a wide ban not just on niqab, but any form of wear that could cover identifiable facial features, including sunglasses and baseball caps. I don't see the laws including hats and sunglasses, it's very much balaclavas, motorbike helmets and niqabs. People don't walk around in balaclavas unless they are bank robbers and people generally know by now to take helmets off, so really, the law is just targeting niqabis. An easy target really, women, "oppressed women" (their words not mine).

Much harder to stop people from wearing Ray-Bans and Nike caps, but these are just as serious.

:salam:

I think the method was used in many attacks actually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest theObserver

If they banned this due to security issues, good on them, prevent these lunatics a channel to do evil in the name of our religion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

In general what do you think about countries banning this dress for "security" reasons ?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-Asia-48088834

They have to be seen to be doing something. It has a tinge of Islamophobia about it, but that was the bombers' intention in the first place. There seems to be no other reason for an attack such as this.

What challenges my worldview in terms of this attack is that I've always felt the Gulf Arab states were behind ISIS etc. But the UAE has a significant Tamil population, they can do without any animosity between Tamils and Muslims.

Last thing some lazybones Emirati needs is a Tamil spitting in their coffee before serving it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Simon the Canaanite said:

Many female suicide bombers used the method in Iraq, long ago. They used it to surpass checkpoints, and then detonate at a mosque, or public place.

I understand that but at the end of the day most suicide bombers didn't even used that didn't they? Also there are many countries were many females wear it and no terrorist attack happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

I understand that but at the end of the day most suicide bombers didn't even used that didn't they? Also there are many countries were many females wear it and no terrorist attack happen. 

The exact opposite is correct, most of the suicide bombers were females at that time, and they used that method.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, realizm said:

:salam:

I think the method was used in many attacks actually.

But not this one, so what is the logic? If anything needs banning it's backpacks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First about the garment. I have not seen any reliable justification based on the Qur'an that the Niqab would be a religious requirement or preference. From a human perspective it literally set up a boundary between the wearer and other people they meet in the street, hindering communication. This could of cause hinder haram interactions, but it will not stop them any more than other garments that show more of the face. I would not wear it my self on a regular basis. Of cause I can never say never, because I my self once thought I would never wear a Chador and to day I actually have a good feeling about wearing one. I do think though that the face veil is completely unnecessary. On the other hand it is a woman's right to wear it if it's her thing and she get a religious fulfillment from it. Therefor I am completely against banning it. Even in my country where the only ones wearing a Niqab, both before and after the Niqab ban, are Salafis.

I agree that there would be a security risk if a person with a face veil or a balaclava entered into a bank or a similar place where there is a risk of someone committing a crime. To the extent that it constitutes a problem, it is only if the perpetrator tries to get away and you need to identify who committed the crime. In case of suicide bombers it is rarely so. At least parts of them stay put after they have blown them selves up. With or with out Niqab it doesn't make a difference. In countries where Muslims is in a minority, like Sri Lanka and countries in Europe, terrorists would probably be more inclined to dress as a non-Muslim in order to blend in. People who are visible Muslims does get checked more thoroughly in airport security and similar places. So banning the Niqab will not stop suicide bombers.

I think the politicians who wants to ban the Niqab are really trying to buy into Islamophobic sentiments and possibly pave the way for further sanctions and animosity against Muslims.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

Hm not so sure honnestly. The "white widows" in Russia didn't wear niqab if I am not wrong. 

Who mentioned Russia? I was talking about Iraq and the Middle East...

And this woman could’ve worn the veil, for all we know..

Edited by Simon the Canaanite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...