Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Guest Life_is_Complicated

Complications in Muta'h

Rate this topic

Guest Life_is_Complicated

Salaam to all,

I have come across a predicament that I don’t know how to deal with.

About two weeks ago I entered into temporary marriage with a lady.

During our last meeting, I was made aware of something that I had no clue of. She told me that her second marriage was only a religious marriage (only Nikah) as it was not registered legally with the civil authorities.

Then she mentioned her second husband wanted her back (a while ago) and claimed that she is still in her Nikah. She said that she told him that the Nikah does not stand anymore as she slept with another man (not me, I guess way before me)! So they have not had a formal religious divorce.

This surprised me as:

1.       I do not think that the Nikah becomes null and void if a spouse commits adultery. Does it?

2.       If the Nikah is still valid, what is the status of the Muta’h that we entered into?

3.       What on Earth am I supposed to do next?

Can definitely use some advice!

Thank you!

What in the world? 

This girl is still married, Islamically, so she can’t be married to anyone else. Your Mutah is invalid. 

2 hours ago, Guest Life_is_Complicated said:

Salaam to all,

1.       I do not think that the Nikah becomes null and void if a spouse commits adultery. Does it?

Walaykum as Salam, zina doesn’t invalidate nikah, but it can be a basis for divorce. 

2.       If the Nikah is still valid, what is the status of the Muta’h that we entered into?

She committed adultery knowingly, and if she won’t repent for that and fix her future behaviour, jahannam awaits her. If you didn’t know that she was in nikah before nikah mutah, then you don’t have to do anything except staying away from that lady. 

Stay away from her. She doesn’t seem like a person not addicted to fornication if she carries on with nikah mutah knowing that she is still in nikah.

On 4/27/2019 at 7:37 PM, Guest Life_is_Complicated said:

Salaam to all,

I have come across a predicament that I don’t know how to deal with.

About two weeks ago I entered into temporary marriage with a lady.

During our last meeting, I was made aware of something that I had no clue of. She told me that her second marriage was only a religious marriage (only Nikah) as it was not registered legally with the civil authorities.

Then she mentioned her second husband wanted her back (a while ago) and claimed that she is still in her Nikah. She said that she told him that the Nikah does not stand anymore as she slept with another man (not me, I guess way before me)! So they have not had a formal religious divorce.

This surprised me as:

Can definitely use some advice!

Thank you!

Salam,

She has to go through the full divorce process along with Idah period.

This also means the mutah is invalid from her perspective but was valid from yours until she made you aware that her Nikah is still active, thus nullifying the mutah contract.

What to do next? Stay friends with her til her divorce is finalized, but get another mutah in the mean time.

And Allah knows best