Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

13 minutes ago, khamosh21 said:

and the above verse is speaking of religion, Allah himself when speaking of life of this world:

Surah Muhammad, Verse 36:
إِنَّمَا الْحَيَاةُ الدُّنْيَا لَعِبٌ وَلَهْوٌ وَإِن تُؤْمِنُوا وَتَتَّقُوا يُؤْتِكُمْ أُجُورَكُمْ وَلَا يَسْأَلْكُمْ أَمْوَالَكُمْ

The life of this world is only idle sport and play, and if you believe and guard (against evil) He will give you your rewards, and will not ask of you your possessions.

Is it created for this purpose? No 

الَّذِي خَلَقَ الْمَوْتَ وَالْحَيَاةَ لِيَبْلُوَكُمْ
67:2

Who then made it  لَعِبٌ وَلَهْوٌ ? We or Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)? 

A more clearer statement is in this verse: 

اعْلَمُوا أَنَّمَا الْحَيَاةُ الدُّنْيَا لَعِبٌ وَلَهْوٌ وَزِينَةٌ وَتَفَاخُرٌ بَيْنَكُمْ وَتَكَاثُرٌ فِي الْأَمْوَالِ وَالْأَوْلَادِ ۖ كَمَثَلِ غَيْثٍ أَعْجَبَ الْكُفَّارَ نَبَاتُهُ ثُمَّ يَهِيجُ فَتَرَاهُ مُصْفَرًّا ثُمَّ يَكُونُ حُطَامًا ۖ وَفِي الْآخِرَةِ عَذَابٌ شَدِيدٌ وَمَغْفِرَةٌ مِنَ اللَّهِ وَرِضْوَانٌ ۚ وَمَا الْحَيَاةُ الدُّنْيَا إِلَّا مَتَاعُ الْغُرُورِ {20}

[Shakir 57:20] Know that this world's life is only sport and play and gaiety and boasting among yourselves, and a vying in the multiplication of wealth and children, like the rain, whose causing the vegetation to grow, pleases the husbandmen, then it withers away so that you will see it become yellow, then it becomes dried up and broken down; and in the hereafter is a severe chastisement and (also) forgiveness from Allah and (His) pleasure; and this world's life is naught but means of deception.

Not everyone is involved here in  لَعِبٌ وَلَهْوٌ  Neither this limited worldly life is a mean of deception for everyone. Those who are well aware of the fact struggle here for the hereafter. For them, this worldly life is a mean to prepare and decorate the hereafter.  

Edited by Urwatul Wuthqa

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 5:30 AM, khamosh21 said:

May Allah forgive me for the following, but these thoughts and questions have been creating many difficulties for me...

Why give humans the ability to choose if these choices will lead to some of their destruction? None of these indicate that there is love, mercy etc involved when considering the final outcome of some human beings. A God which could conjure hell as a consequence for the actions of His very own creations is a nonsensical idea.

Imagine this scenario. Your loved one is sick and is taken to the hospital. The doctor has the cure in his hands… without this medicine your loved one will surely perish. Yet the Doctor withholds the medicine. Why you plead? He says your loved one did this to them selves. They should have eaten the medicines I gave them before. They should not have eaten unhealthy foods. They should have exercised. Did their intelligence not guide them? Did they not heed my advice and of those that are healthy around them or of those that perished before them? Sorry today they will have to account for what they did, today they will not be given a cure. Please tell me what you think of this doctor?

Is it not the same with God? He has the cure yet He allows so many to perish and suffer, not only in this world, but so many more for eternity. Please may Allah forgive me, but not to be harsh, is it a big feat if the Prophet or the Imam do not sin? Are they not able to see the reality behind the actions and have knowledge of the unseen?… would not the same apply to me, if tomorrow I see fire instead of the pleasure of sin, I would of course avoid it. Why do I have to rely on the account of 1400 year old men, why not just give me the cure directly?

With due respect, the way you structured your questions are quite disrespectful and also quite illogical. Did you really use words such as "nonsensical idea" and "1400 years old men"?

In regards to the scenario, you provided. Well, first of all let me ask you this question, is God a doctor or the creator of the doctor?

And the question you have asked "What do you think of this doctor? Well, I will say God will judge him.

The scenario of the discussion should have been (something along) the following:

Your loved one is sick and is taken to the hospital

My reply: May God cure him, Inshallah

The doctor has the cure in his hands…

My reply: Alhamdulliah, that is good to hear.

..without this medicine your loved one will surely perish.

My reply: I hope the doctor provides this medicine, and Inshallah he/she will be cured

Yet the Doctor withholds the medicine. Why you plead?

My reply: Well, with due respect, you are the doctor and I am not.

He says your loved one did this to them selves.

My reply: Well, if it is true, then you are right.

They should have eaten the medicines I gave them before.

My reply: True

They should not have eaten unhealthy foods.

They should have exercised.

Did their intelligence not guide them? Did they not heed my advice and of those that are healthy around them or of those that perished before them?

Sorry today they will have to account for what they did, today they will not be given a cure.

My reply: You the doctor and you will be hold accountable if you don't provide the medicine ,God will also judge you.

-------------------------------

My point is:

The scenario you provided is irrelevant illogical and out of context. 

and thus many other scenarios similar that.

--------------------------------

Statements/questions such as "if your loved one is sick and is taken to the hospital". That is one of the most common phrase that Atheist throw at theist.

Just remember to stop the questions (but in) at the right time. Or else you will be listening to illogically positioned questions with some random out of context scenario.

Is it not the same with God? He has the cure yet He allows so many to perish and suffer, not only in this world, but so many more for eternity. Please may Allah forgive me, but not to be harsh, is it a big feat if the Prophet or the Imam do not sin? Are they not able to see the reality behind the actions and have knowledge of the unseen?… would not the same apply to me, if tomorrow I see fire instead of the pleasure of sin, I would of course avoid it. Why do I have to rely on the account of 1400 year old men, why not just give me the cure directly

Indeed, it is a great achievement for a human not to sin. Prophets and Imams are only those that have reached that level. Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and the 12 Imams (peace be upon them) have not only reached that level but have perfected that level.  

On 5/4/2019 at 4:16 PM, khamosh21 said:

it was a euphemism... and the above verse is speaking of religion, Allah himself when speaking of life of this world:

Surah Muhammad, Verse 36:
إِنَّمَا الْحَيَاةُ الدُّنْيَا لَعِبٌ وَلَهْوٌ وَإِن تُؤْمِنُوا وَتَتَّقُوا يُؤْتِكُمْ أُجُورَكُمْ وَلَا يَسْأَلْكُمْ أَمْوَالَكُمْ

The life of this world is only idle sport and play, and if you believe and guard (against evil) He will give you your rewards, and will not ask of you your possessions.

:bismillah:

أَفَحَسِبْتُمْ أَنَّمَا خَلَقْنَاكُمْ عَبَثًا وَأَنَّكُمْ إِلَيْنَا لَا تُرْجَعُونَ {115}

[Shakir 23:115] What! did you then think that We had created you in vain and that you shall not be returned to Us?