Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Isaam

Losing faith

Rate this topic

30 minutes ago, BowTie said:

Why do people lose faith when they live around non-Muslims?

My faith actually gets stronger around non-Muslims.

Ive actually been reading a lot of stuff and my faith is getting much better. Like reading stuff like this:

http://islamicpamphlets.com/jesus-a-Prophet-of-God

Salam Isaam,

the fact that your reaching out and seeking help shows that you’re uncomfortable in this state your in and it shows that you still have faith in your heart:) Allah tells us in the Qur'an that he will test our faith and every person is tested differently. There’s no doubt that being surrounded by Muslims who practice and an Islamic community strengthens one’s faith. 

In your case Isaam, I advise you to get up and pray your daily prayers despite your imaan right now. Get up and pray. Try reading a duaa with God’s 99 names out loud and see how you feel. Listen to beautiful Quranic recitations on youtube. Follow Islamic reminder pages on instagram. Act upon the way you feel right now. Act before its too late. Do you realize how lucky you are that God is giving you a chance? Just by you coming on this website and seeking help shows that God wants you to find your way. He doesn’t want you to stray away.

Being surrounded by non believers and people of other faiths isn’t easy. But it gives you a better reason to learn more about your duties in Islam and on how to become a better Muslim both for yourself and for God. It gives you a better reason to seek knowledge and understand any doubts you have.

Please Isaam, don’t loose your faith in God. Don’t stop praying. If you loose your prayers, you loose everything. 

42 minutes ago, BowTie said:

This! I’ve never understood that as well. And I agree completely. Being around non-Muslims, living in the West where kufr is left and right, actually makes me more religious, not weaker. I personally blame it on the fact that many Muslims do not know their religion. If they would’ve, they wouldn’t think for a second about drinking alcohol or taking the scarf off. 

On 4/25/2019 at 4:14 PM, Tamy said:

Salam Isaam,

the fact that your reaching out and seeking help shows that you’re uncomfortable in this state your in and it shows that you still have faith in your heart:) Allah tells us in the Qur'an that he will test our faith and every person is tested differently. There’s no doubt that being surrounded by Muslims who practice and an Islamic community strengthens one’s faith. 

In your case Isaam, I advise you to get up and pray your daily prayers despite your imaan right now. Get up and pray. Try reading a duaa with God’s 99 names out loud and see how you feel. Listen to beautiful Quranic recitations on youtube. Follow Islamic reminder pages on instagram. Act upon the way you feel right now. Act before its too late. Do you realize how lucky you are that God is giving you a chance? Just by you coming on this website and seeking help shows that God wants you to find your way. He doesn’t want you to stray away.

Being surrounded by non believers and people of other faiths isn’t easy. But it gives you a better reason to learn more about your duties in Islam and on how to become a better Muslim both for yourself and for God. It gives you a better reason to seek knowledge and understand any doubts you have.

Please Isaam, don’t loose your faith in God. Don’t stop praying. If you loose your prayers, you loose everything. 

I’m a teenager right now, and when I had my doubts I felt sick. These past couple of days I lose my appetite when I get doubts, and I take that as a sign from Allah. I end up talking to my mom and she understands me. Every question I ask she gives a wonderful answer. Right now I just turned a teen and plan to read the Qur'an in English and I will try to read the 5 daily prayers during Ramadan. I currently just read Maghreb and Isha, but inshallah I will read more.

1 hour ago, OrthodoxTruth said:

This! I’ve never understood that as well. And I agree completely. Being around non-Muslims, living in the West where kufr is left and right, actually makes me more religious, not weaker. I personally blame it on the fact that many Muslims do not know their religion. If they would’ve, they wouldn’t think for a second about drinking alcohol or taking the scarf off. 

Yea, but it’s also weird because most of my friends here are Christians. But I also have some Sunni friends. I’m just glad they are still Muslim.

6 hours ago, Isaam said:

Yea, but it’s also weird because most of my friends here are Christians. But I also have some Sunni friends. I’m just glad they are still Muslim.

Salaam brother,

Why are you losing your faith around Christians though (if it was atheists and faithless people then I could maybe understand) ? Islam recognises Isa ((عليه السلام)) as a mighty messenger of God though it denies the trinity as an innovation. It is not too hard to see that Jesus ((عليه السلام)) was not God:

”By myself I can do nothing” John 5:30 (Isn’t God supposed to be All Knowing, and Him losing His nature seems far fetched and irrational)

”I admit that I worship the God of our fathers” Acts 24:14 (God worshipping God????)

”The Father is greater than I” John 14:28

”God is neither a man nor a son of a man” Numbers 23:19.

That being said, religious Christians are good people and there is some wisdom to be learnt from them and there scripture. There’s a lot of similarities as both are Abrahamic faiths and you can talk about the End Times and tell them about Imam Mahdi.

Also search about Imam Ali (عليه السلام). And Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) in the Bible.

Hope this helps.

Eltemas e dua

10 hours ago, Isaam said:

Asalamalakoum, brothers and sisters. I live in America and I feel like I’m losing faith with everyone being Christian around me. When I felt that I was losing faith my stomach starts and then I know Allah doesn’t want me to lose faith. 

Can you guys list some verses of the Qu’ran for people loosing faith?

For the people who converted to Islam, can you leave your story here so I can get some inspiration? (Add what religion you came from)

another question I have is, how do we know all of the Prophet Muhammad’s ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) miracles were true? 

There isn’t a line on the moon. 

I was also looking at that story that bibi Fathima ((عليه السلام)) helped a dead bride become alive again, but people in Shi’a chat, said that wasn’t true and was a hoax.

Please help me out if you can.

Your Christians are your fellow brothers, as a Muslim you should not feel challenged by their presence.  The existence of Christianity confirms Islam.  Right now you are seeing the distinction between Christianity and Islam as black and white, and you see them as mutually exclusive of one another.  And this is true because these are two distinct forms, and, as such, exclude one another by definition.  But the reality of each of these two sacred religions are but one religion and this is Din Al-Fitrah (The religion of the Heart).  If you are inwardly connected to God through your heart and you practice the outward and formal rites of Islam, you will begin to see (through your hearts eye) that your Christian brothers are part of your own religion (namely, the Religion of the Heart) even if they follow the formal practices of their own religion.  As a true and genuine Muslim, If you happen to visit a Cathedral/ Church, you should be able to witness something sacred about it through your hearts eye.  

Edited by eThErEaL

12 hours ago, Isaam said:

Asalamalakoum, brothers and sisters. I live in America and I feel like I’m losing faith with everyone being Christian around me. When I felt that I was losing faith my stomach starts and then I know Allah doesn’t want me to lose faith. 

Can you guys list some verses of the Qu’ran for people loosing faith?

For the people who converted to Islam, can you leave your story here so I can get some inspiration? (Add what religion you came from)

another question I have is, how do we know all of the Prophet Muhammad’s ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) miracles were true? 

There isn’t a line on the moon. 

I was also looking at that story that bibi Fathima ((عليه السلام)) helped a dead bride become alive again, but people in Shi’a chat, said that wasn’t true and was a hoax.

Please help me out if you can.

Yeah, I know the loneliness that comes from not having many Shi'I (and just Muslims in general) around, although as a very independent-minded person it is just something I personally am used to. 

What kind of Christians are around you? (if you know) 

Got another question, I know you're young but do you spend much time reading the sayings and writings of our Imams? and/or also the great Shi'I philosophers? (I'm trying to gather your own current place within Shi'ism)

Blessings.

Edited by HakimPtsid

10 hours ago, OrthodoxTruth said:

Right on! 

For me, I do find that some degree it brings out the most genuine and passionate devotion in oneself (and of course when one realizes the deeper, darker reality of the state of the West) but on the purely personal level, for me at least, it draws me closer. I think that if I lived in Iran (for example) I could possibly grow to take my faith/din for granted. And as Ali would say, it starts with the growth of one's heart first and not what everyone else around is doing. 

On 4/26/2019 at 2:40 AM, HakimPtsid said:

Yeah, I know the loneliness that comes from not having many Shi'I (and just Muslims in general) around, although as a very independent-minded person it is just something I personally am used to. 

What kind of Christians are around you? (if you know) 

Got another question, I know you're young but do you spend much time reading the sayings and writings of our Imams? and/or also the great Shi'I philosophers? (I'm trying to gather your own current place within Shi'ism)

Blessings.

I’m mostly around Catholics. Yes, sometimes I read quotes, not a lot though.

6 hours ago, Ejaz said:

Salaam brother,

Why are you losing your faith around Christians though (if it was atheists and faithless people then I could maybe understand) ? Islam recognises Isa ((عليه السلام)) as a mighty messenger of God though it denies the trinity as an innovation. It is not too hard to see that Jesus ((عليه السلام)) was not God:

”By myself I can do nothing” John 5:30 (Isn’t God supposed to be All Knowing, and Him losing His nature seems far fetched and irrational)

”I admit that I worship the God of our fathers” Acts 24:14 (God worshipping God????)

”The Father is greater than I” John 14:28

”God is neither a man nor a son of a man” Numbers 23:19.

That being said, religious Christians are good people and there is some wisdom to be learnt from them and there scripture. There’s a lot of similarities as both are Abrahamic faiths and you can talk about the End Times and tell them about Imam Mahdi.

Also search about Imam Ali (عليه السلام). And Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) in the Bible.

Hope this helps.

Eltemas e dua

Yea, I had only lost faith because at school people talk about bible quotes like “John 3:18” and if you don’t follow him as God or the son you’ll go to hell. After coming on this website I already feel better.

On 4/25/2019 at 2:36 PM, Isaam said:

Are you loosing faith in God or faith in Islam? God does not belong to any particular religion. We humans, regardless if we believe or not, belong to God.

For me I took a long time. I have always believed in the divine under some form though. I think it is more that 30 years ago I read the Qur'an the first time. To me it was a very emotional experience. I thought it was a very beautifully book and I felt Gods presence. However I got away from it again and looked into other religions while also studying comparative religion in University. In the meantime I lived a typical western life and did a lot of haram stuff that I am not going to dwell on here. What happened was that I got tired with that lifestyle (or lets say that I realized how bad it was for me.) I started dressing modestly, gave up on alcohol and casual sexual encounters. At first it really didn't have any thing to do with Islam, but I was still interested in comparative religion. I had heard about a Shia Mosque that had just finished construction in my home town and I decided to visit it. It was quite a beautiful Mosque with a cozy atmosphere. While driving home on the subway after the visit, I suddenly felt very emotional. I had tears coming to my eyes just like when I read the Qur'an the first time. I then realized that Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) had written his name in my heart. I intuitively knew that God was calling me alhamdulillah.

It doesn't matter. How do you know I the miracles of Jesus was true? Belief is not a question of scientific fact. If you seek God he will reveal him self to you. When I was non-Muslim I I from time to time encountered Muslim Dawah from people who was very keen on proving Gods existence through rational thought and scientific proof. They all failed because rationality and science is limited to this world and God is not limited. You have to consciously decide to believe and seek God. God will let him self be known to you through feelings. You just have to believe in what you feel.

I’m a teenager right now, and when I had my doubts I felt sick

Maybe your doubts has to do with you being a teenager. When you are in your teens you have to doubt everything. Also the way you believed as a child may not be adequate when you become an adult. You have to go through a phase of adjusting your beliefs to being a grown up. Some people lose their faith in that process because they focus to much on science. In stead you have to focus on the love of God. I think the reason why you felt sick is because the fear of Hell fire, but God is the most gracious the most merciful and if you seek him and pray to him, he will lead you on the right path. God is love.

I had only lost faith because at school people talk about bible quotes like “John 3:18” and if you don’t follow him as God or the son you’ll go to hell.

There are at least 6000 known forgeries in the biblical text that doesn't correspond to the earliest manuscripts. The Qur'an on the other hand is mostly correct. The earliest Quranic manuscripts only has very minor discrepancies with the Cairo text (or Uthmans Qur'an) that is the basis for all modern Qur'an. It is also worth noticing that the Qurans written by Imam Ali(عليه السلام) that is still in existence to day does not differ from the Suni Qurans, so all in all, the Qur'an has preserved the message, where as the Bible has not done that in its entirety.
The Qur'an was send down as a confirmation of the original message, so that people would know what has been altered in the other books. The original message was not only send to the Jews and the Christians by the way, but to all the peoples in the world in their own language. So there is a very good reason why you should believe the Qur'an over the Bible.

22 hours ago, HakimPtsid said:

I think that if I lived in Iran (for example) I could possibly grow to take my faith/din for granted. And as Ali would say, it starts with the growth of one's heart first and not what everyone else around is doing. 

Salam it more depends on your character than atmosphere although Iran has more religious atmosphere in cities like as Mashhad & Qom but big cities like as Tehran doesn't have more difference that other cities in western countries also you can find people that call themselves as atheist or new Christians or Zorastrian  in cities like as Mashhad & Qom  

Salaam brother, 

I went through a similar phase where I even stopped praying, I would start to lose faith in Islam, my heart was full of doubt and questions. Like you, I lived in a Western country, but here, most people are Atheist and do not believe. I began to find myself slowly being influenced by them, wanting to live as they do, not wanting to be weighed down with all these restrictions and obligations. Several years passed before I slowly began to return to Islam. It took time and distance for me to be able to see the beauty of Islam and fall back in love with it.

This is a bit personal, and I pray you do not have to go through anything similar, but after the loss of someone very close to me, it made me realise that I didn’t want to die feeling guilty. I had been suppressing the guilt I was feeling by not praying and straying away from Islam, I knew deep down what I was doing was wrong. I knew I had to change, but I still couldn’t find the motivation to start.

What helped reconnect me again was being around other Muslim friends of mine. This isn’t to say you can’t be friends with Christians, not at all, but for me, I needed to immerse myself in the faith once more. There is a connection that Muslims have with each other, a connection between two people who are on the same wavelength and share the same core values. None of my friends were Shia, but they treated me as no less. It was this sense of a familial bond and mutual understanding that helped me become interested once more. I slowly started falling in love with the religion again, with the sense of peace and comfort it gave me knowing that there was a higher being watching over me.

I still have a long way to go, but my faith is stronger than ever. All I can recommend, is for you to open your heart to God. Tell Him about your worries. He is merciful and will be able to see you have a good heart. It is difficult to keep your faith strong in a country where Muslims are a minority and the majority seem to be against them. I can understand. But Alhamdullilah you still have some faith inside you, even your guilt is proof that deep down, you still believe somewhere. Take your time brother, do what you need to do to restore your faith, you don’t need to carry this burden alone.

21 hours ago, Revert1963 said:

Are you loosing faith in God or faith in Islam? God does not belong to any particular religion. We humans, regardless if we believe or not, belong to God.

For me I took a long time. I have always believed in the divine under some form though. I think it is more that 30 years ago I read the Qur'an the first time. To me it was a very emotional experience. I thought it was a very beautifully book and I felt Gods presence. However I got away from it again and looked into other religions while also studying comparative religion in University. In the meantime I lived a typical western life and did a lot of haram stuff that I am not going to dwell on here. What happened was that I got tired with that lifestyle (or lets say that I realized how bad it was for me.) I started dressing modestly, gave up on alcohol and casual sexual encounters. At first it really didn't have any thing to do with Islam, but I was still interested in comparative religion. I had heard about a Shia Mosque that had just finished construction in my home town and I decided to visit it. It was quite a beautiful Mosque with a cozy atmosphere. While driving home on the subway after the visit, I suddenly felt very emotional. I had tears coming to my eyes just like when I read the Qur'an the first time. I then realized that Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) had written his name in my heart. I intuitively knew that God was calling me alhamdulillah.

It doesn't matter. How do you know I the miracles of Jesus was true? Belief is not a question of scientific fact. If you seek God he will reveal him self to you. When I was non-Muslim I I from time to time encountered Muslim Dawah from people who was very keen on proving Gods existence through rational thought and scientific proof. They all failed because rationality and science is limited to this world and God is not limited. You have to consciously decide to believe and seek God. God will let him self be known to you through feelings. You just have to believe in what you feel.

Maybe your doubts has to do with you being a teenager. When you are in your teens you have to doubt everything. Also the way you believed as a child may not be adequate when you become an adult. You have to go through a phase of adjusting your beliefs to being a grown up. Some people lose their faith in that process because they focus to much on science. In stead you have to focus on the love of God. I think the reason why you felt sick is because the fear of Hell fire, but God is the most gracious the most merciful and if you seek him and pray to him, he will lead you on the right path. God is love.

There are at least 6000 known forgeries in the biblical text that doesn't correspond to the earliest manuscripts. The Qur'an on the other hand is mostly correct. The earliest Quranic manuscripts only has very minor discrepancies with the Cairo text (or Uthmans Qur'an) that is the basis for all modern Qur'an. It is also worth noticing that the Qurans written by Imam Ali(عليه السلام) that is still in existence to day does not differ from the Suni Qurans, so all in all, the Qur'an has preserved the message, where as the Bible has not done that in its entirety.
The Qur'an was send down as a confirmation of the original message, so that people would know what has been altered in the other books. The original message was not only send to the Jews and the Christians by the way, but to all the peoples in

I’m terrified of the hell fire. I guess that’s why I felt sick

On 4/27/2019 at 1:28 PM, vivi17 said:

Take your time brother, do what you need to do to restore your faith, you don’t need to carry this burden alone.

Thanks! I feel like I’m getting atheist thoughts now, but I’m trying super hard to fight them.

I converted to Islam. I come from an atheist family, but briefly went to spiritualist church as a kid and saw something in it. Later attended Catholic church intensely.

As a late teen I suffered very badly with Depression, I dropped out of college in the last month to be with a girl who lived six hour drive away. Ruined my family life, education and for a long time, work. It was during the global financial crisis and my mental health got worse, to a point I contemplated suicide several times a week, every week and was on the highest doses of antidepressants possible with no effect. My girlfriend attended Anglican churches but I hated them, I thought if God existed He would not be found in a place where rock drums and overhead projectors beamed hymns. 

The relationship started to break down after a few years, she became aggressive and manipulative, she knew I had ruined things with my family and had nowhere to go, so at times I became her punching bag. 

Anyway things with family improved and I saw a window of opportunity to move back home, I found comfort in the Catholic church and life got a lot better, but in it all I forgot that the one that saved me from my suffering was not Jesus, peace be upon him, it was God. Jesus was one of many amazing men that was gifted prophethood, but he did not save me from suicide or ruin, it was God.

If Jesus was the saviour Christians say he is, I would not be alive to write this.

If religion is stressing you out, simplify it. It's okay to have questions, it's okay to be confused, God gave us intellect and the ability to seek and search for Him with our own feet, hands and minds. I have not always had strong faith, recently I have struggled but I came back stronger because I simplified things and learnt to be satisfied with who I am as a Muslim. Give Allah the time He gives you and I am certain you will be okay.

I can't speak about miracles because not every Prophet performed miracles, people say the Qur'an is the miracle given to Muhammad, peace and blessings upon him and his family. Surah Al-Qamar's first verse does not necessarily mean a splitting of the moon was his work, since it says 'the hour is near', to me that sounds like it will happen near the end of the world. Given how things work up in space, it is likely that the moon may split and when it does life on Earth will end, and that is in line with Allah's plan. So, I would not get too caught up on that in terms of miracles etc, it does not mean you should give up on Islam or doubt God. Can't speak about Fatima, peace be upon her, but you need to think in terms of who received miracle work in the Qur'an and who is granted other blessings.

Hopefully my story was of some inspiration.

On 5/6/2019 at 5:56 PM, aaaz1618 said:

If Jesus was the saviour Christians say he is, I would not be alive to write this.

Basically what made you decide that Prophet Muhammad ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) is a Prophet of God and not a fake Prophet according to Christianity?

8 hours ago, Isaam said:

Basically what made you decide that Prophet Muhammad ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) is a Prophet of God and not a fake Prophet according to Christianity?

Well, I thought God would not have left the world how it was from 30CE-2014CE without deciding to send further revelation. I thought 'who are we to say He never gave revelation to another Prophet? He can do as He pleases'. It was more about logic than anything.

I thought it was presumptuous for a man that had apparently had a dream about the end of the world to end the Bible by saying if anyone adds or takes away from the Bible they will burn in Hell for eternity. Especially considering how such person was not a Prophet or messenger. 

Guest A Random Sunni Dude

I’ve never participated in the forum, but I saw your thread and I felt a need to help inshAllah.

There are two types of calamities any human can face:

1. Something over which you have control

2. Something you cannot control

For the latter, all we can do is be patient and acknowledge Allah’s wisdom in his judgement. Eventually, patience and faith in Allah allow one to navigate through any calamity:

“And we made leaders from among them who would guide by Our command when they remained patient and when they were certain in our signs” [32:24]

When it comes to calamities which you can control/influence, you should take the necessary measures to address it:

1. You mentioned that you are surrounded by Christians, and that this immersion is causing you to get doubts. The first step you should take is to take a step back and avoid that environment if it is harming you.

Optimally, a circle of decent Muslims would be a good alternative. If you cannot find an alternative, then know that solitude is a better companion than individuals who will harm you in this world and the Hereafter.

2. Your loss of faith is something you can directly influence. Constant remembrance of Allah WILL help you:

”Those who have believed and whose hearts are assured by the remembrance of Allah. Indeed, by the remembrance of Allah are hearts assured” [13:28]

I would suggest keeping your mouth moist with the dhikr of Allah. (سبحان الله، الحمد لله، ولا إله الله، والله أكبر)

Reflecting upon their meanings as you utter them is crucial and extremely insightful as well.

Similarly, focus on perfecting your daily prayers, as they are the primary bond between us and our Creator.

Your problem is an internal one, and external fixes (such as the stories of other converts) will only be a temporary fix.

When it comes to the Prophet’s miracles, I would refer you to Sunni sources where many of the miracles are mass-transmitted/corrborated (mutawatir). I am not quite aware of the status of Shia sources when it comes to Prophetic miracles, but the Prophet’s miracles are well-attested to in Sunni sources. There are numerous works that specifically sought to compile the miracles that demonstrated his Prophethood. 

Stay strong and steadfast, and may Allah aid you in your affairs and guide us all upon the straight path.

On 4/25/2019 at 4:33 PM, BowTie said:

Yeah

I lose faith when I see dirty bathrooms in my local imambargah 

Salam.
I answered various questions about mercifulness of Allah on Quora.
and I copy my answer hear if I am permited to do so.
Salam.
how merciful is Allah to us?
“in the name of Allah, the all-merciful, the most merciful.”
this verse is the beginning of every chapter in the holy Qur'an except chapter tawbah, and is repeated twice in chapter naml.
it means:
“in the name of Allah, the all-merciful, the most merciful,”
is revealed 114 times in the holy Qur'an which indicates comprehensive and infinite mercy of Allah.
Chapter Hamd by itself is a great evidence of the significance of the mercy of Allah.
because the all-merciful, the most merciful, is repeated twice in this chapter which is the first chapter of Qur'an and obligatory to recite twice in each one of our daily pray.
Allah grants our wishes, multiplies our good deeds, removes our bad actions and even changes our bad behaviours to Good!
Allah sents his Prophets and Imams for our guidance and bestowed us all goodness, favors and material and spiritual blessings to use them, thanks Allah for his graces, be prosperous in this world and achieves happiness, salvation and felicity in hearafter.
Vastness of God’s Mercy and Pardon:
إِنَّ رَبِّي قَرِيبٌ مُجِيبٌ
“surely my Lord is Nigh, Answering.”
holy Qur'an: 11-61.
وَاسْتَغْفِرُوا رَبَّكُمْ ثُمَّ تُوبُوا إِلَيْهِ إِنَّ رَبِّي رَحِيمٌ وَدُودٌ
“And ask forgiveness of your Lord, then turn to Him; surely my Lord is Merciful, Loving-kind.”
holy Qur'an: 11/90.
the all merciful God says in the holy Qur'an:
وَإِذَا جَاءَكَ الَّذِينَ يُؤْمِنُونَ بِآيَاتِنَا فَقُلْ سَلَامٌ عَلَيْكُمْ كَتَبَ رَبُّكُمْ عَلَى نَفْسِهِ الرَّحْمَةَ أَنَّهُ مَنْ عَمِلَ مِنْكُمْ سُوءاً بِجَهَالَةٍ ثُمَّ تَابَ مِنْ بَعْدِهِ وَأَصْلَحَ فَأَنَّهُ غَفُورٌ رَحِيمٌ
“And when those who believe in Our communications come to you, say: Peace be on you, your Lord has ordained mercy on Himself, (so) that if any one of you does evil in ignorance, then turns after that and acts aright, then He is Forgiving, Merciful.”
surah alanaam: verse 54.
فَأَمَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا بِاللّاهِ وَاعْتَصَمُوا بِهِ فَسَيُدْخِلُهُمْ فِي رَحْمَةٍ مِنْهُ.
"As for those who believe in Allah and hold fast by Him, He will cause them to enter into His Mercy." (4:175)
وَقُلْ رَبِّ اغْفِرْ وَارْحَمْ وَأَنْتَ خَيْرُ الرَّاحِمِينَ
"Say, ‘My Lord, forgive and have mercy, and You are the Best of those who are merciful.’" (23:118)
وَأَيُّوبَ إِذْ نَادَىٰ رَبَّهُ أَنِّي مَسَّنِيَ الضُّرُّ وَأَنْتَ أَرْحَمُ الرَّاحِمِينَ
"And Job, when he called out to his Lord, ‘Indeed distress has befallen me, and You are the Most merciful of the merciful.’" (21:83)
قُلْ يَا عِبَادِيَ الَّذِينَ أَسْرَفُوا عَلَى أَنْفُسِهِمْ لَا تَقْنَطُوا مِنْ رَحْمَةِ اللّاهِ إِنَّ اللّاهَ يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ جَمِيعاً إِنَّهُ هُوَ الْغَفُورُ الرَّحِيمُ
"Say: O my servants! who have acted extravagantly against their own souls, do not despair of the mercy of Allah; surely Allah forgives the faults altogether; surely He is the Forgiving the Merciful."
Qur'an: 39-53.
“(Muhammad), tell my servants who have committed injustice to themselves, ‘Do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Allah certainly forgives all sins. He is All-forgiving and All-merciful.’ (39:53)”
“Your Lord's mercy is completely overwhelming.” (6:147)
“Your Lord, certainly, has forgiveness for the injustice of the people.” (13:6)
Amir al-Mu’minin (عليه السلام), in one part of dua kumayl tells Allah:
“it is very far from You to spoil the one who have accepted Your divinity and training, via Your spiritual blessings. It is very far from You to torture the one who You have have brought to Your nearness and mercy, or to drive away the one who You have given refuge, or chastise the one who You have spared.”
o my lord, You are so Merciful and so Generous that You have addressed the sinful human:
“You called me and I answered you, you asked Me and I granted you, you opposed Me but I respited, you left Me but I watched you, you disobeyed My orders but I concealed your sins; if you return to me I would accept you, and if you went away from Me, I wait for your return to Me. I am the most Generous of the generous, the most Forgiver of the forgivers, and the most Merciful of the merciful.”
Allah addressed Prophet David (as):
“Say to My servants: Why don’t you befriend Me, since I deserve friendship? I am a God of no miserliness, there’s no ignorance in My Omniscience, no incapacity in My Forbearance, and no alternation in My Attributes or My Speech. My Mercy and Forgiveness is unvarying and constant. I am the friend of him who befriends Me, and I accompany him who invokes on Me in his solitude. O David! He who seeks Me finds Me; and he who finds Me deserves not to lose Me. O David! Blessing is from Me but My servants thank others; I ward off calamity but they seek it from others. Their safe haven is My Presence, but they seek refuge from others, though finally they return to Me.”
The Almighty revealed to Prophet Moses (as):
يَا بْنَ عِمْرَانَ! هَبْ لِي مِنْ قَلْبِكَ الخُشُوعَ، وَمِنْ بَدَنِكَ الخُضُوعَ، وَمِنْ عَيْنَيْكَ الدُّمُوعَ فِي ظُلَمِ اللَّيْلِ، وَادْعُني فَإنَّكَ تَجِدُنِي قَرِيباً مُجِيباً.
"O son of Imran! Bring to My Presence submission of your heart, humbleness of your body, and tears of your eyes in the darkness of night and then call Me, you would then find Me near and compliant."
Bihar al-Anwar: 67/ 14, Bab 43, tradition 2.
Allah told Jesus through revelation:
يَا عِيسَى! تَقَرَّبْ إلَى المُؤمِنِينَ وَمُرْهُمْ أنْ يَدْعُونِي مَعَكَ.
"O Jesus! Join the believers and order them to pray with you before My Presence!"
Wasa’il al-Shi’a: 7/104, bab 38, tradition 8856.
The supplicant should be aware that it is Almighty God who has invited him to pray and has guaranteed the acceptance of the supplication. Accepting the prayer and granting the supplicant’s exigency is easy for Allah, since each and every world’s creature is under His Absolute Power, and He provides the grounds for the fulfillment of His servant’s exigency with a single order.
It is, therefore, not right to become hopeless in the Presence of God, whose Insight, Mercy and Forgiveness is infinite, especially when praying. Despair, as specified in the Holy Qur’an, is the attribute of the disbelievers:
يَا بَنِيَّ اذْهَبُوا فَتَحَسَّسُوا مِنْ يُوسُفَ وَأَخِيهِ وَلا تَيْئَسُوا مِنْ رَوْحِ اللّاهِ إِنَّهُ لا يَيْئَسُ مِنْ رَوْحِ اللّاهِ إِلَّا الْقَوْمُ الكَافِرُونَ.
"Go, O my sons! And ascertain concerning Joseph and his brother, and despair not of the Spirit of Allah. Lo! None despaireth of the Spirit of Allah save disbelieving folk." (12:87)
The Holy Qur’an strongly recommends against being hopeless of God’s Mercy:
لا تَقْنَطُوا مِنْ رَحْمَةِ اللّاهِ.
"Despair not of the Mercy of Allah!" (39:53)
The All-Knowing Lord says in Qur’an:
وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِي إِذَا دَعَانِي.
"And when My servant question thee concerning Me, then surely I am close (to them). I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he calleth unto Me." (2:186)
No one is as close to the man as his creator, Allah. He is the One who has created man, fashioning him in the womb, and then transferring him to this world. He bestows His material and spiritual blessings unto man, sent the Prophets to guide him, and granted him the Divine Qur’an and the Immaculate Imams (عليه السلام).
Allah has created water for the thirst of man and food for his hunger. He cures man’s diseases and improves his health. He discards man’s loneliness with a spouse, children, and friends, and his starkness with various kinds of clothes.
Allah makes man cherished by the others, and maintains his dignity before them. Allah solves his problems, however difficult they may seem. Who is so closely and intently aware of man’s deepest needs and can provide him with all these blessings, except Allah? He is indeed closer to man than anyone else. Hence He says in Qur’an:
وَلَقَدْ خَلَقْنَا الإِنْسَانَ وَنَعْلَمُ مَا تُوَسْوِسُ بِهِ نَفْسُهُ وَنَحْنُ أَقْرَبُ إِلَيْهِ مِنْ حَبْلِ الْوَرِيدِ.
"We verily created a man and We know what his soul whispereth to him, and We are nearer to him than his jugular vein." (50:16)
Imam ‘Ali (عليه السلام) says:
مَا كَانَ اللهُ لِيَفْتَحَ عَلَى عَبْدٍ بَابَ الشُّكْرِ وَيُغْلِقُ عَنْهُ بَابَ الزِّيَادَةِ، ولاَ لِيَفْتَحَ عَلَى عَبْدٍ بَابَ الدُّعَاءِ وَيُغْلِقُ عَنْهُ بَابَ الإجَابَةِ، وَلاَ لِيَفْتَحَ لِعَبْدٍ بَابَ التَّوْبَةِ وَيُغْلِقُ عَنْهُ بَابَ المَغْفِرَةِ.
"Allah is not to open up the doors of gratitude to His servant but close the doors of increased blessings. He is not to allow him to supplicate, but limit fulfillment of his supplication. And He does not intend to open the doors of repentance, but close the doors of His forgiveness."
Nahj Al-Balagha: Hikmat 435.
Imam al-Baqir (عليه السلام) said:
تَعَرَّضْ لِلرَّحْمَةِ وَعَفْوِ اللهِ بِحُسْنِ المُرَاجَعَةِ، وَاسْتَعِنْ عَلَى حُسْنِ المُرَاجَعَةِ بِخَالِصِ الدُّعَاءِ وَالمُنَاجَاةِ فِي الظُّلَمِ.
“Obtain Allah’s Mercy and Forgiveness by returning to Him, and for realizing your return get help from sincere praying in the middle of night.”
Bihar al-Anwar: 75/ 162, Bab 22, tradition 1.
Once Gabriel, the trustee angel, descended to the Prophet of Islam (S), smiling and with good tidings. He greeted the Prophet (S) who responded to his greeting. Then Gabriel said: “The Almighty has sent a gift for you.”
The Messenger of Allah asked: “What is that gift?”
He replied: “There are some words of the Empyrean’s treasures which Allah has endeared specially for the Empyrean.”
Prophet Muhammad (S) asked again: “What are those words?”
Gabriel then said:
يَا مَنْ أَظْهَرَ الْجَمِيلَ، وَسَتَرَ الْقَبِيحَ، يَا مَنْ لَمْ يُؤاخِذْ بِالْجَرِيرَةِ، وَلَمْ يَهْتِكِ السِّتْرَ، يَا عَظِيمَ الْعَفْوِ، يَا حَسَنَ التّجَاوُزِ، يَا وَاسِعَ الْمَغْفِرَةِ، يَا بَاسِطَ الْيَدَيْنِ بِالرّحْمَةِ، يَا صَاحِبَ كُلِّ نَجْوَى، يَا مُنْتَهَى كُلِّ شَكْوَى، يَا كَرِيمَ الصّفْحِ، يَا عَظِيمَ الرّجَاءِ، يَا مُبْتَدِئاً بِالنِّعَمِ قَبْلَ اسْتِحْقَاقِهَا، يَا رَبّنَا وَسَيِّدَنَا وَمَوْلانَا، يَا غَايَةَ رَغْبَتِنَا، أَسْأَلُكَ يَا اَللّاهُ أَنْ لَا تُشَوِّهَ خَلْقِي بِالنَّارِ.
“O the One who revealed the goodness and concealed the badness. O the One who reprimanded no one for wrongdoing and let no one’s face down. O the One whose forgiveness is great, whose pardon is good, and whose Mercy is extended. O the one who has applied his Power in Mercy. O the Owner of any secret and the ultimate source of any complaint. O the one whose forbearance is magnanimous and whose blessings are great. O the Bestower of blessings before the necessary deserve for them. O my Lord, my Protector, and the end of my tendency! O Allah! I ask You not to destroy my creation by the Fire.”
The Messenger of Allah asked Gabriel: “What is the recompense of these words?”
Gabriel said: “Beware that the whole knowledge is exclusive in these words. If all the angels of the seven Heavens and the seven earths attempted to describe this supplication until the Day of Resurrection, they will be able to describe but one part out of one thousand parts of it.”
When the servant says: “O the One who revealed the goodness and concealed the badness,” Allah would conceal his sins, have mercy on him in the world, maintain his well-being in the next world, and cover him with thousand veils in the two worlds.
And when the servant says: “O the One who reprimanded no one for wrongdoing and let no one’s face down,” the Almighty would not account for his deeds on the Day of Resurrection, and would not uncover his secrets on that day.
When the servant says: “O the One whose forgiveness is great,” Allah would forgive his sins, even if they are as many as the waves of the sea.
When he says: “O the One whose pardon is good,” Allah would even forgive his wine-drinking, theft, and other major sins.
When he says: “O the One whose Mercy is extended,” the Merciful Allah would open seventy doors of Mercy on him, so that he would be subjected to Allah’s Mercy until the last day of his life.
When the servant says: “O the one who has applied his Power in Mercy,” Allah would extend his Power to him out of Mercy.
When the servant says: “O the Owner of any secret and the ultimate source of any complaint,” Allah would grant him the recompense of the grief-stricken, poverty-stricken, patient or blind man until the Day of Resurrection.
If the servant says: “O the one whose forbearance is magnanimous and whose blessings are great,” the Almighty would fulfill all his wishes and the wishes of all other servants for him.
If the servant says: “O the Bestower of blessings before the necessary deserve for them,” Allah would recompense him as if he is grateful of His blessings.
If the servant says: “O my Lord,” his Lord would say: “My angels! Beware that I forgave him, and I granted him recompense equal to the number of all My creatures, either in the Paradise or the Hell, in the heavens or the Earth, the sun or the moon, the star and the raindrops, different kinds of beings in the mountains, on the soil, and on the Empyrean.”
And if he says: “O my Protector,” Allah would fill his heart with belief.
When the servant says: “O the end of my tendency!” the Almighty would grant him the wishes of all the other creatures.
And if the servant says: “O Allah! I ask You not to destroy my creation by the Fire,” Allah says: “My servant wants to become free from the Fire. O My angels! I delivered him, along with his parents, brothers, family, and neighbors from the Fire and accepted his intercession for a thousand of those who deserved to be put into Fire.”
So Gabriel said: “O Muhammad! Teach these words to the believers and not to the hypocrites. This supplication is accepted for the supplicant and for those present in Allah’s House, when it is circumambulated.”
Uddat Al-Da’I: 337.
It should be noted that this great recompense and wonderful reward is not rare of Allah’s extended Mercy, unlimited Beneficence, and infinite treasure of rewards.
http://www.al-Islam.org/commentary-kumayl-supplication-allama-husayn-ansariyan
It is reported from the Holy Prophet (S) , “For whosoever among you the door of prayer (du’a’) is opened, then the doors of mercy (rahmah) shall be opened for him.”
Kanz al-‘Ummal, hadith no.3156.
Imam ‘Ali (‘a) says: “Supplication is the key of mercy.”
Bihar al-Anwar, vol.93, pg.300.
In his will to his son al-Hasan (‘a), Imam Amir al-Mu’minin ‘Ali bin Abi Talib (‘a) says: “Thereafter, He put the keys of His treasuries in your hand, in that He has allowed {you} to ask Him from it. So whenever you wished, you opened the doors of His treasuries through supplication.”
Bihar al-Anwar, vol.77, pg.299.
With reference to the verse:
“Whatever mercy Allah unfolds for the people, no one can withhold it.” Qur’an, 35:2.
Imam as-Sadiq (‘a) is reported to have said, “{The mercy implies} the prayer (du’a’).”
Bihar al-Anwar, vol.93, pg.299.
The Holy Prophet (S) says: “For whosoever among you the door of prayer (du’a’) is opened, the doors of response (ijabat) shall {also} be opened for him.”
Kanz al-‘Ummal, hadith no.3156.
It is Allah who opens up toward His servant with prayer, and He is the one who opens for him the doors of its acceptance.
Imam ‘Ali (‘a) says: “Whoever knocks at the door of Allah, the Glorious, it will be opened for him.”
Ghurar al-Hikam, hadith no.8292.
Imam as-Sadiq (‘a) is narrated to have said, “Supplicate frequently, for it is the key of every mercy and the fulfillment of every need. And that which lies with Allah cannot be attained but through prayer (du’a’). A door which is frequently knocked at is likely to be opened for the one who knocks it.”
Bihar al-Anwar, vol.93, pg.295; and Wasa’il al-Shi’ah, vol.4, pg.1086, hadith no.8616.
https://www.al-Islam.org/supplication-in-the-eyes-of-ahlalbayt-Muhammad-Mahdi-al-asifi
the goal of creation is recieving divine special and infinite mercy.
studying divine attributes and actions and studying the creation of man, guiding him by sending His messages through Prophets, and His generous rewards makes it very clear that everything is based on His mercy. Indeed, the entire story of creation can be summarized in a few sentences:
The Most merciful God wanted to show His mercy. Therefore, He created this world. He gave His mercy to human beings so that they would become His vicegerents on Earth and become a means of His mercy.
God’s mercy has no limit and does not accept any restriction. The only restriction is in our understanding and therefore we may not be able to grasp all aspects of His mercy. His mercy is all-embracing and all-inclusive; nothing falls out of it.
As Allah says in the Qur’an:
[وَ رَحْمَتي وَسِعَتْ كُلَّ شَيْء]
"My mercy has encompassed everything." (7: 156)
In a divine saying, we read:
"If the people who have turned their back on Me knew how much I love them to come back they would have died out of joy."
Allah does not need anyone, but still, out of His mercy, He does not want even a single person to go astray.
In a beautiful supplication which is recommended to be recited after each daily prayer, we say:
اللّاهُمَّ إِنَّ مَغفِرَتَکَ اَرجي مِن عَمَلي
"O Allah! Your forgiveness gives me hope more than my actions."
وَ إِنَّ رَحمَتَکَ اَوسَعُ مِن ذَنبي
"O Allah! Indeed Your mercy is greater than my sins."
اللّاهُمَّ إِن لَم اَکُن اَهلاً اَن اَبلُغَ رَحمَتَکَ فَرَحمَتُکَ اَهلٌ اَن تَبلُغَني وَ تَسَعَني
"O Allah! If I am not qualified to reach your mercy, Your mercy is able to reach and embrace me."
لِاَنَّها وَسِعَت کُلَّ شَيءٍ
"Because Your mercy has embraced everything."
https://www.al-Islam.org/message-thaqalayn/vol11-n4-2011/understanding-God-s-mercy-part-1-Mohammed-Ali-shomali
Imam Sadiq (a) was asked by Abu Basir about the meaning of the verse 11:118-119 and Imam replied:
"God created man so that they do something to deserve His mercy and then He would give them His mercy." (Al-Tawhid by Saduq, p. 404)
Thus, God wanted to give opportunity to people to do good deeds so that they would deserve extra mercy from Him.
https://www.al-Islam.org/message-thaqalayn/vol-12-no-1-spring-2010/understanding-God-s-mercy-part-2-Mohammed-Ali-shomali
Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is most forgiving:
In addition to His generous rewards, Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) deals with sins or people with mercy and kindness. He assures the sinners that if they sincerely regret and repent, He will forgive them.
When people go to the plane of ‘Arafat on the day of Arafah, all their sins will be forgiven, and by the time they leave ‘Arafat to go to Mash‘ar al-Haram they must not have any doubt about the forgiveness of their sins.
It has been narrated that Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) frees one million people from the hellfire each and every day in the month of Ramadan at the time of breaking the fast. On the night and day of Friday, Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) frees one million people during each hour. In the night and day at the end of the month, Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) frees people equal to whatever He has given during the month.
Different types of forgiveness
Upon reflection on the Qur’anic verses on forgiveness of sins by God, divine forgiveness can be classified into four types:
1. Simple forgiveness - Verses that refer simply to divine forgiveness such as the following:
وَمَن يَعْمَلْ سُوءاً أَوْ يَظْلِمْ نَفْسَهُ ثُمَّ يَسْتَغْفِرِ اللّاهَ يَجِدِ اللّاهَ غَفُوراً رَحِيماً
"Whoever commits evil or wrongs himself and then pleads God for forgiveness, will find God all-forgiving, all-merciful." (4:110)
2. Covering the sin - Sometimes not only the sin is forgiven, but it is also covered by Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). Thus, on the Day of Judgment, no one would be able to find out the sin which this person had committed because it has been covered. This is preferable to people reading your record of the deeds and discovering your wrongdoings, even though they are forgiven. For example, the Qur’an says:
إِن تُبْدُوا الصَّدَقَاتِ فَنِعِمَّا هِيَ وَإِن تُخْفُوهَا وَتُؤْتُوهَا الْفُقَرَاءَ فَهُوَ خَيْرٌ لَكُمْ وَيُكَفِّرُ عَنكُم مِّن سَيِّئَاتِكُمْ وَاللّاهُ بِمَا تَعْمَلُونَ خَبِيرٌ
"If you disclose your charities, that is well, but if you hide them and give them to the poor, that is better for you, and it will atone for some of your misdeeds, and God is well aware of what you do." (2:271)
3. Wiping out sins - According to Islamic sources, Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) may wipe out the sins and bad actions of certain people. This seems to be a kind of forgiveness which is more than simple forgiveness or even forgiveness with covering and hiding the sins, because here the sins are totally wiped out with no trace of them remaining.
The advantage of the latter is that the corrected error would not be known by others and the one who has been forgiven would not be reminded of his sin. However, there is a worry that this cover may be removed and the sins under it might be disclosed.
Thus a more powerful form of forgiveness is to entirely wipe out the error. For example, Imam Sadiq (s) is quoted as saying:
"Friday has an obligatory right. Be careful not to miss it or to do little in worshipping Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and getting closer to Him through righteous deeds and refraining from all sins. Truly, Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) multiplies good actions and wipes out the sins on this day, and ranks will be elevated. Its night is like its day. If you are able to revive it by supplicating and saying prayer, do so, because Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) multiplies in it good deeds and wipes out the bad deeds. Truly Allah is All-bounteous, Generous."
We also read in a hadith from Imam Baqir (a):
"The one who [sincerely] repents is like the one who has never done any sin."
4. Transformation of sins into good deeds - According to the Qur’an and hadith, not only does Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) forgives the sins of those who repent, but He may also transform their bad deeds into good ones:
إِلَّا مَن تَابَ وَآمَنَ وَعَمِلَ عَمَلاً صَالِحاً فَأُولَٰئِكَ يُبَدِّلُ اللّاهُ سَيِّئَاتِهِمْ حَسَنَاتٍ وَكَانَ اللّاهُ غَفُوراً رَحِيماً
"Excepting those who repent, attain faith, and act righteously. For such, God will replace their misdeeds with good deeds, and God is all-forgiving, all-merciful. (He wipes out the sins) and in each place writes down a good action." (25:70)
This is much more than forgiving sins and wiping them out. In this way, Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) actually replaces their sins with good actions and rewards them for these good sins. Not only will they not be punished for their sins, but they will be able to recover at least part of their loss. Certainly everyone who does not harvest good in his life is in loss, even if he does not do anything sinful.
Interestingly, it can be understood from a saying of Imam Sajjad (a) that good deeds which are replaced with bad actions might still be multiplied like the good actions of the pious. Imam Sajjad (a) addresses Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) in one of his supplications:
"O He who changes evil deeds into manifold good deeds!"
Not only does He replace good actions with bad actions, but He changes bad actions into manifold good actions. For example, one who has spent one pound sinfully after repentance and receiving this type of treatment from Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), he would receive rewards for spending several pounds in good purposes in the record of his deeds on the Day of Judgement.
Reflecting on 1) the types of people who would be forgiven, 2) the types of people who would have their sins covered, 3) those who have sins that have been wiped out, and 4) those who would see their sins changed into a manifold of good actions, it might be inferred that if someone who has committed sins regrets sincerely and decides not to repeat them, his sins will be forgiven.
As far as Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is concerned, there is no doubt about this. The repentant’s comprehension would increase resulting in the strength of his regret. He feels ashamed because although his sins are forgiven, he continues to ponder over his condition on the Day of Judgment, when he will stand in front of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and the witnesses as his sins are being read to him. Although they will finally be forgiven, he would worry about his honor and tell himself, “It is disgraceful and shameful to me that before God’s forgiveness is announced, my sins will be read in the presence of the Prophet, Imams, and the general public.” For such people, Allah hides or even erases their bad deeds.
As his understanding increases knowing that Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) has forgiven him and has promised to preserve his honour, what about the time and opportunities he wasted? He could have taken many provisions during those years for his eternal journey. For such people, Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) transforms their bad actions to good ones to prevent them worrying too much about their provision.
But there is still a chance to develop their understanding and think that it is great that their bad actions have been changed into good actions, although we are still losing because those with good actions have been multiplied at least ten times, but our newly given good actions are not multiplied. It might be for such people that Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) changes their bad deeds into multiplied good actions.
Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) does not punish anyone for another person’s bad action, but He may forgive a sinner for another person’s good action
Another aspect of divine mercy is that sometimes Allah (s) forgives someone for the sake of another person. For example, the Qur’an says:
وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَاتَّبَعَتْهُمْ ذُرِّيَّتُهُم بِإِيمَانٍ أَلْحَقْنَا بِهِمْ ذُرِّيَّتَهُمْ وَمَا أَلَتْنَاهُم مِّنْ عَمَلِهِم مِّن شَيْءٍ كُلُّ امْرِئٍ بِمَا كَسَبَ رَهِينٌ
"The faithful and their descendants who followed them in faith —We will make their descendants join them, and We will not stint anything from [the reward of] their deeds. Every man is a hostage to what he has earned." (52:21)
https://www.al-Islam.org/message-thaqalayn/vol-13-no-3-autumn-2012/understanding-God-s-mercy-part-8-Mohammed-Ali-shomali

if people around you are Christians and blame you because of your religion,
just tell them Islam is the best and most perfected version of all abrahamic religions, Not against them.
tell them that having faith in all divine Prophets is obligatory for all Muslims.
let them taiste the beauty of Islam.
hear you are some books which you can introduce them to study and know the beauty of Islam.
https://www.al-Islam.org/religion-of-mercy-nasir-makarim-shirazi
https://www.al-Islam.org/discovering-Islam-moustafa-al-qazwini
https://www.al-Islam.org/dua-kumayl-a-translation-and-commentary-Hussein-a-rahim
https://www.al-Islam.org/message-thaqalayn/vol-11-no-1-spring-2010/moral-characteristics-Prophets-quranic-perspective-mahnaz
https://www.al-Islam.org/ahl-al-bayt-celestial-beings-Earth-allama-husayn-ansariyan
https://www.al-Islam.org/sahifa-al-kamilah-sajjadiyya-Imam-zain-ul-abideen
Allah bless you and makes you firm in your faith, and bestows his infinite mercies and blessings for you!

On 5/11/2019 at 3:17 AM, aaaz1618 said:

I thought it was presumptuous for a man that had apparently had a dream about the end of the world to end the Bible by saying if anyone adds or takes away from the Bible they will burn in Hell for eternity. Especially considering how such person was not a Prophet or messenger. 

I saw in a Muslim video someone comment Galatians 1:8 and I remembered you and that you said that you can’t trust a man who said there is no more books. 

On 5/11/2019 at 6:11 PM, Guest A Random Sunni Dude said:

Stay strong and steadfast, and may Allah aid you in your affairs and guide us all upon the straight path.

Thank you!

On 5/16/2019 at 10:12 PM, Zahra.5 said:

Allah bless you and makes you firm in your faith, and bestows his infinite mercies and blessings for you

That’s very kind of you to say :)

On 5/16/2019 at 10:12 PM, Zahra.5 said:

tell them that having faith in all divine Prophets is obligatory for all Muslims.
let them taiste the beauty of Islam.

Makes sense. Islam is like the safe side. Are you Zahra Ayat from Quora?? I follow you there.

11 hours ago, Isaam said:

That’s very kind of you to say :)

your welcome, its my pleasure and divine blessing that I can help every person in the world!

2 hours ago, Isaam said:

Makes sense. Islam is like the safe side. Are you Zahra Ayat from Quora?? I follow you there.

yes, I am Zahra ayat on quora. on Quora Islamic activities is very difficult for me, they collapsed thousands of my answers and threathened me several times that they bann my account, many people reported me and...

so, I decided to come back to return to Shia chat and I have not such worried about my activities in the friendly atmosphere of this great website!

2 hours ago, Zahra.5 said:

so, I decided to come back to return to Shia chat and I have not such worried about my activities in the friendly atmosphere of this great website!

That’s so nice of you to come here. On your post many Christians (who are anti-Muslim) comment bad things about Islam. I saw somebody with a link that was called “1000 flaws in the Qur'an”. To us Muslims we find no mistakes in the Qur'an though.

2 hours ago, Isaam said:

I saw somebody with a link that was called “1000 flaws in the Qur'an”. To us Muslims we find no mistakes in the Qur'an though.

You know, If a person gets themselves worked up enough, they'll find flaws in anything. Jealous, ignorant or intolerant people find flaws in even the most beautifully natured of people. Once we stop looking for flaws, we ourselves may then stop being a flaw to society which itself has plenty more than 1,000 flaws. People may say our scripture has flaws, but until life has extinguished, how can one say the Qur'an has flaws? To use a crude example, how many people said abolishing slavery would come with flaws? Plenty. Did it have flaws once slavery had been mostly outlawed (I say mostly because it still exists)? No.

Let people think what they think, but remember Allah knows best.

Edited by aaaz1618

On 4/25/2019 at 5:14 PM, Tamy said:

Allah tells us in the Qur'an that he will test our faith and every person is tested differently

Yea, can you check out my post with not feeling Allah? You gave really good advice for this, so maybe you can try to help me with the other post if you can.