Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
313 Seeker

What do you think is wrong with us?

Rate this topic

Salam,

We are all part of certain Islamic groups who are awaiting a saviour. 

"Indeed, Allah will not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves."

So if we want Allah to change our condition and remove poverty, injustice, ignorance, and grief, then we must change what is within us. What do you think your group needs to do? I have certain ideas in case someone is interested that can be applied to each Islamic grouping of today, but in general terms I believe that so-called suni groupings struggle more with nifaq (hypocracy) while so-called Shia groups struggle with shirq (partnering with God). One is dhaaleen (lost) the other is maghdub alayhum (anger upon them). What do you think Mahdi will change in your group?

4 hours ago, 313 Seeker said:

Salam,

We are all part of certain Islamic groups who are awaiting a saviour. 

"Indeed, Allah will not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves."

So if we want Allah to change our condition and remove poverty, injustice, ignorance, and grief, then we must change what is within us. What do you think your group needs to do? I have certain ideas in case someone is interested that can be applied to each Islamic grouping of today, but in general terms I believe that so-called suni groupings struggle more with nifaq (hypocracy) while so-called Shia groups struggle with shirq (partnering with God). One is dhaaleen (lost) the other is maghdub alayhum (anger upon them). What do you think Mahdi will change in your group?

A true Shia who follows the direct teachings of Muhammad SAW and the rightly guided Imams doesn’t fall into shirk.  One who allows themselves to fall into shirk has obviously left the teaching of the rightly guided. And that’s how I will answer your first question about what these groups need to do to in order to change their conditions. Muhammad SAW may Allah shower his blessings on him and his family, said that he would leave two things which is Qur'an and Ahlul Bayt and with these two things you never go astray. 

I have already heard at brothers say they are not looking forward to the rapidly approaching Ramadhan. One of the most blessed months that could possibly help change your conditions. This is the state of Muslims in some places where they are so engaged in business and dunya that Ramadhan has become a burden. 

8 hours ago, AbdulKarim313_Austin/Nola said:

A true Shia who follows the direct teachings of Muhammad SAW and the rightly guided Imams doesn’t fall into shirk.  One who allows themselves to fall into shirk has obviously left the teaching of the rightly guided. And that’s how I will answer your first question about what these groups need to do to in order to change their conditions. Muhammad SAW may Allah shower his blessings on him and his family, said that he would leave two things which is Qur'an and Ahlul Bayt and with these two things you never go astray. 

I have already heard at brothers say they are not looking forward to the rapidly approaching Ramadhan. One of the most blessed months that could possibly help change your conditions. This is the state of Muslims in some places where they are so engaged in business and dunya that Ramadhan has become a burden. 

The companions of the Imam ('ajal Allah ta'ala farajahu alshareef) will be free of shirk, which we aren't at all. No one I know of is, rather most fall into minor shirk, including me. Something as simple as giving all our thanks to a person for doing something good for us, which is polite, but we don't even think to thank Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) for allowing the person for doing something good for us, rather we prefer to believe that they gave themselves the power to do it, but all good and power comes from Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). Another common thing which used to eat me up is Riyaa, which is rather than to do something completely for the sake of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), we do it to show others (or at least partially do it to show others), and we don't even realize it. Imam Khomeini's 40 Hadith Expository has a chapter on this, and it will surprise you how much is be considered Riyaa. May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) cleanse us from all forms of Shirk and Nifaq, before it's too late.