Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

Salam Alaikum,

In this day and age the companions of the cave are possibly a key lesson to mankind according to many eschatologists. One of those friends is a dog, who faithfully guarded the cave. I am a person who grew up most of his life with dogs and I have many things to say about those beautiful creatures, and I wanted to see if there other dog lovers around who also appreciate the only physical animal alive that would give his/her own life to defend their human masters. I hope that we can share our love, knowledge and experience about those most loyal, useful, and loving creatures from God.

Thanks

PS: try to go beyond the najasa issue and see it from perspective of fellowship of the cave 

Whilst I have had disagreements with you on another thread, to the point that I opted to hide your posts, which clearly does not work.

I can set this aside as I share the love for our canine friends too. As per my post here:

I do wish many Muslims can look beyond the cultural negative view they have of dogs. As I said, no animal does more for us than dogs.

I hope to have a Japanese Akita one day. Although not sure my cats would be as enthusiastic.

10 minutes ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

Whilst I have had disagreements with you on another thread, to the point that I opted to hide your posts, which clearly does not work.

I can set this aside as I share the love for our canine friends too. As per my post here:

I do wish many Muslims can look beyond the cultural negative view they have of dogs. As I said, no animal does more for us than dogs.

I hope to have a Japanese Akita one day. Although not sure my cats would be as enthusiastic.

Akita has a very famous member and legendary story in Japan. Beautiful dogs masha Allah, and need lots of space so get used to exercising a lot and moving if you plan on getting one. I think people made studies proving that dog owners are statistically healthier, which is quite logic. They force you to move and they bring the good side of your animal instinct out. Vladimir Putin in a big dog lover who even surprised Angela Merkel with his late [Edited Out] in a public meeting, and she turned out to have dog phobia like so many Muslims do. 

Nice post you wrote in that other thread! Masha Allah. Time to defend those who defended us and the companions of the cave.

No matter how nice, cute and loyal the dogs may be, a dog is ritually impure according to Islamic law, and thus it would cause one to live with considerable difficulty. It's also been mentioned that prayers in a place with a dog around is abominable.

In fact, having at home any animal that has fur, for examples a cat, brings a great mount of difficulty due to its hair being everywhere and they can easily invalidate one’s prayers. 

When analysing the qur'anic verses that mention the dog of the cave, it refers to the dog as one of the companions, and does not differentiate. Allah numbers them as one, so according to this we should avoid insulting those creatures and ask ourselves why this fitna has happened. Why is it that every time Muslims think of dogs they think of dirt? Why do they not remember that they are talking about a full fledged member of the companions of the cave, who did not ruin the ambience or purity of the cave he inhabited. I have several theories why shaytan made this fitna, in case anybody is interested. Anybody else have any theories?

I absolutely adore dogs! 

Look at this cutie, maybe he’s too fluffy for some but I love Chow Chows. This is a pup but I saw an adult one the other day and got so excited lol. I also love Huskies, Golden retrievers and oh gosh so many!!

283E1F7A-BF4A-475C-BA73-6795EB0575AB.jpeg.bfde98c4abda5bacfc57bc09e278bbaf.jpeg

1 hour ago, 313 Seeker said:

When analysing the qur'anic verses that mention the dog of the cave, it refers to the dog as one of the companions, and does not differentiate. Allah numbers them as one, so according to this we should avoid insulting those creatures and ask ourselves why this fitna has happened. Why is it that every time Muslims think of dogs they think of dirt? Why do they not remember that they are talking about a full fledged member of the companions of the cave, who did not ruin the ambience or purity of the cave he inhabited. I have several theories why shaytan made this fitna, in case anybody is interested. Anybody else have any theories?

Brother, you started three different topics where in all three you clearly have some sort of an agenda to undermine the taqlid to mujtahids and their rulings. It doesn’t matter what you or us think, it matters what the marja’ of your choice ruled in regard to the fiqh issues and the rulings on dogs are quite clear across the board. We don’t make up our own jurisprudence as we please.