Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Allah Seeker

ShiaChat Dogs Fanclub

Rate this topic

48 minutes ago, 313 Seeker said:

There are narrations about the ashab el Kahf being among the companions of the Mahdi.

If that is the case it would make me wonder if the dog is one of the 313, because God counts the dog as one of them in the Qur'an.

I don't think the dog or whatever ashab al kahf is, is a 313. It might rather be a guardian or companion of them.

Even though they are mans best friend, it would be weird considering that dogs are considered najis in Islam.

Edited by AkhiraisReal

On 10/24/2019 at 7:29 PM, hasanhh said:

Do l laugh, cry or curse?

Now youz knows perfeckly well whut Ayat 18:22 reveals.

:threatenlumber:"Now keep this blasphemous stuff up, and wez going to nails youz up."  :book:"l'm looking up the hadith now."

ADDED:  :book:"Sura Al-An`aam, Ayat 21, which is reveals about inventing things. Nothing in the Sunna l found by searching."

Wow you're so cool and tough .. a real shiachat gangsta lol

9 hours ago, AkhiraisReal said:

I don't think the dog or whatever ashab al kahf is, is a 313. It might rather be a guardian or companion of them.

Even though they are mans best friend, it would be weird considering that dogs are considered najis in Islam.

Read number seven Here

Allah counts the dog as one of them, so claiming that the companions of the cave do not include the dog would be against Qur'an and Allah in my opinion. Unless of course the hadiths are wrong.

The reasons why dogs are hated and frowned upon by Muslim:

Having lived so many years in Muslim countries, this question has always come up in my mind. This negative emotion is also extended to most other animals as well, as one sees little love for animals in Muslim countries, as well as plants and the environment as a whole. This is what I observe when comparing our Muslim countries with Westerners for instance.

My personal way of explaining it to myself is as follows:

Fear-

They fear creatures of God, and because they fear them, they are more likely to be attacked. Everybody knows that animals can smell fear. 

But of course most people will never admit that, and instead they will say "I pray", "they are unclean", "I don't like them", etc. But it is very obvious from their body language and tone of voice that they are actually scared. 

The reason for this fear is that the parents panicked when their children came close to dogs, which results in an inherited fear. They are ignorant and don't know how to read the animals. For instance, they would see a dog play, and would think he's being aggressive in a bad way.

Inferiority complex:

"Allah, the Exalted, gave the Angels intellect without desires, He gave the animals desires without intellect, and He gave both to humans. So a man whose intellect prevails his desires is better than the Angles, while a man whose desires prevail over his ineluctable is worse than the animals." -Imam Ali (عليه السلام).

According to our Qur'an and hadiths most people are bad. So that would mean that most people are inferior to animals in divine ranking. Most people are going to hell, but dogs are not. So the people going to hell are dirtier, stupider, inferior, and dumber than dogs. So those people who feel inferior end up hating on them in order to create a fake sense of superiority. This is the bully effect we see so much. They are trying to prove something, while their proof actually proves the opposite. 

Worried about exposure:

Animals have senses that are way beyond ours. They are also much better judges of character. There are even hadiths about this, with donkeys making their screaming sound when they see a devil. The same has been recorded for cats and dogs as well. There is even a hadith about the Prophet saying that someone bad will be in a certain town when the dogs bark. One of his wives was recorded to have fulfilled this prophesy. So people are afraid to be exposed, like a person with a gun going through a metal detector. They see animals - especially dogs - as their enemies, because the animals are servants of the most High. On the other hand people who only fear God will have all creatures fear him/her, so there is nothing to worry about from animals or other living things. That is the reason why it is known that the most holy people can never be hurt by animals or even bigger forces of nature, such as lightening or drowning. One such example is Prophet Daniel who was thrown in front of a hungry lion, but the lion didn't do anything. Also Prophet Abraham could not be touched by fire. 

Dogs are special and I would like to repeat that they are the only physical creatures that God created, which would give their lives gladly to protect their masters. While tigers, lions, horse, elephants and zebras will run away if a person attacks you, the dog will stand between you and any attacker. If you think about it, there isn't a single other visible creature that does so. Camels and horse will fight to defend themselves as long as you sit on their backs, but as soon as you are off the back, they will run back to camp.

Not only are dogs unique and one-of-a-kind because they willing and self-lessly defend their humans, but they do countless other jobs for humans. It is a miracle from God and shows us that God created them for us. We know of a few tasks:

Hunting

- retreaving

- chase and kill (sight hounds)

Shepherding and guarding livestock 

Personal guard

Territorial guard

Fighting on battlefields

Guiding blind people

Pulling carts and sleigh 

Messengers (example war)

Rescuing and retreaving people from landslides, avalanches (saint bernard), etc.

Finding objects

Opening/closing doors, getting medicines, switching light switches, etc for handicapped people .. if you want to see a list of 150 top service dogs tasks then click on the underlined words. It is nothing short of a miracle.

Emotional support (I think this is the most important of all tasks) there is no loyalty like a dogs, no greeting like that of a dog. In the age of loneliness, a lot of especially older men and women find themselves with their dogs being their only friends and reason for living. Also many children feel this way. Friendship is not to be underrated.

So when looking at the above it is no wonder that God considers a dog as a distinct 'companion' or sahib - same root word as sahaba - among the holy companions of the cave. Also, it is no surprise that those friends - dog included - will have a reappearance in the end-time along Imam Mahdi (if the hadiths are true). Of course the companions can have many kids so from one dog we can expect many more to bolster the army of Allah. God willing.

Edited by 313 Seeker

When Muslims tell me "oh no .. don't let him touch me, I pray!" .. I usually answer that he also prays ..

whomever is within the heavens and the Earth and [by] the birds with wings spread [in flight]? Each [of them] has known his [means of] prayer and exalting [Him], and Allah is Knowing of what they do. 24:41

You should see people's reactions :grin: lol

On 4/27/2019 at 4:39 AM, Gaius I. Caesar said:

I been thinking and researching about getting one of these as a guide dog, so I can be independent and less reliant on people as a disabled person.

Very hard to train.. they aren't ranked very high in "obedience", but  are very good at independence. They are used to shepherd in mountains for days and weeks without any human contact. But if you want to try then go ahead. They are lovely dogs 

On 5/26/2019 at 7:52 AM, Ashvazdanghe said:

well , wolves are not impure & can be held  as pet but practically it's impossible to keep a wolf like a dog that Starks in movie are holding Wolves but Ramsey Snow replaces dogs in their house to humiliate them.

Dogs are technically wolves as they are said to have developed only recently from wild wolves to dogs - something like 10,000 years ago. That is why dogs can mate with wolves and get viable offspring. Genetically speaking they are the same, just 'bred' differently. 

On 4/25/2019 at 4:48 PM, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

Dogs are not clean, it is scientifically proven. Their saliva carries many pathogens.

Cleaner than most people I see on the street. You don't have to French kiss animals. Can you show me a link to the article you are referring to? Because from what I know dogs licking wounds will heal that wound. 

8 hours ago, 313 Seeker said:

Cleaner than most people I see on the street. You don't have to French kiss animals. Can you show me a link to the article you are referring to? Because from what I know dogs licking wounds will heal that wound. 

Well, here’s a very recent example. https://www.healio.com/infectious-disease/zoonotic-infections/news/online/{b2e2aa45-3208-4eaa-ab1a-09c3fbe80340}/qa-bacteria-in-dog-and-cat-saliva-can-make-humans-sick

https://www.mdlinx.com/internal-medicine/article/3687

and this whole “wound licking” isn’t 100% true. Research shows that a dog licking its own wounds is good for it. But how good is it to humans is very questionable.

9 hours ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

Well, here’s a very recent example. https://www.healio.com/infectious-disease/zoonotic-infections/news/online/{b2e2aa45-3208-4eaa-ab1a-09c3fbe80340}/qa-bacteria-in-dog-and-cat-saliva-can-make-humans-sick

https://www.mdlinx.com/internal-medicine/article/3687

and this whole “wound licking” isn’t 100% true. Research shows that a dog licking its own wounds is good for it. But how good is it to humans is very questionable.

The article is very vague and says that if it is linked that it is very rare. We know that human saliva carries all kind of diseases as well. So it all depends. The article also bunches cats and dogs together, while Prophet Mohammed said we can have cats eat and drink out of our plates, that cats are definitely clean.

In any case, dogs have a very fast metabolism in their mouth and turnover, that they use to utilize to themselves and their fellow dogs.

To me the dog saliva is a bit annoying, so I don't like to be touched by it except on exceptions (ex playing, occasional 'kiss' on areas other than my face - but if a puppy or even a big dog slips a kiss on my face every now and then out of excitement, I take it ok). But dogs can be easily trained to NEVER lick his owner if the owner wants to. So as long as it's a healthy not-drooling dog, then this drool thing shouldn't be an issue. And if it licks you, then just wash the area afterward, no biggie. I would still prefer to be licked by a dog than most humans. I would be more worried of disease like herpes etc from fellow humans 

To all the dog haters, news flash:

It's accepted in our traditions that among several animals, the dog of As-hab Al Kahf will go into Janna.

dogsmirk.jpg

Edited by Moalfas

Salam I want to add something, that the saliva from playing is mostly from being bitten (in a playful way), and also that the licking thing depends on the personality of the dog. I had dogs that would make it feel like a great honor to be licked once a year, and others that could not stop licking no matter what. So people and dogs have one thing in common, that each and every one of them is unique. I even had a dog once who did not lick me once for 17 years! He also didn't like being hugged or cuddled. He was elitist, and only showed me any love. There are other dogs who play with almost anybody (biting, pushing, chasing, being chased, etc) as long as they show them love. Even though breed makes a difference in behaviour, one also finds lots of behavioural variation among the same breed, and even among the same litter. You'll find super kind dogs are siblings to super aggressive ones. So it's you and your luck, and if you get the chance to pick, then it depends on your preferences and needs.

Remember that dogs don't have hands like us, and that they use their mouths like hands. Another important thing is their nose. They see through them like radar antennas. If you make eye contact with your dog and instead focus on their nostrils, you'll see that they are almost as expressive as their eyes. They use them also for electric communication and information gathering via contact. A dogs nose is always a bit wet, so when they touch you or any object, it gives them extra conductivity. It can be annoying to have their noses touch you, but that's another thing one should put up with especially with new or strange dogs. One can wash the area afterwards. One of the most sensitive areas on their bodies is their whiskers. If you stroke them softly they will LOVE IT.

IMPORTANT:

Whenever you meet a new or stranger dog, NEVER put your hand on top of their head. This makes them insecure because they can’t see your hand, and that area is a sensitive area. You'll see them blinking and getting nervous, even of you are their owner. The best way is to stroke or grab them from below. From under their jaw to their chest, they love it. Of course most dogs - especially males - love being massaged hard with ones finger tips in the lower back and especially the area between the tail and lower back. Then one can move upward with bigger strokes towards the upper back and shoulders. Female dogs love having their lower belly rubbed as well, especially that there is nothing to obstruct it like with male dogs.

When you give a dog such rubs, you will see your dog energised and more powerful. It makes them charged and more fit-for-fight. I see results in their body language and posture instantly. 

What else? If I think of more, and feel like it- I'll keep adding doggie tips that I've learned.

Ah ... very important. If you have a dog and go out for walks, always - or whenever possible- let them take their time in sniffing. Their intelligence will increase. Them sniffing a lamp post or pile of leaves is much like us reading a book. Its social media for them. I've noticed significant increase in maturity levels with dogs when I let them be the boss on walks (most of the time).

Also, the more you expose your dog to new stimulus ..

- new places, new people, new dogs, etc.

.. the more the dog will be intelligent and happy. Also the dog will be more trustworthy, as you will see that he/she will be better able to judge situations and people. 

Ok that's it for now.. 

Ok one last thing .. before I go ..

Learn from your dogs. One thing I learned was to be alert and ready to pop up from my sleep and jump into action. At least the attitude of it. One can also learn how to forgive, how to be cheerful, loyal, simple, and protective. Each person probably has something different to learn, depending on the time. Now I am learning how to be patient from them, as well as how to run and walk.